PDA

View Full Version : Elemental longbow of poison

Drew
12-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Selling this elemental bow. It doesn't fit my character's RP so I'm going to sell it and get something that does.

Has a base enchant of 4x. Creates it's own arrows, which are randomly enchanted from +1 to +30 so your AS will vary each shot but it will always be between +21 and +50. Hits the living. When it hits it will give a poison between 1 and 75 per, every shot. It also has flares but let me emphasize that the poison hits every shot. I've seen it disapate at 1 and 2 per round, mostly 1. Your strength does not reflect it's roundtimes, it will always shoot at three seconds, add a second for aiming or hiding. This is especially great for the weaker races as longbows take a base 7 seconds to fire, base 9 if you add aiming and hiding. Lastly it has occasional "poison flares" on top of it's regular poison abilities that can knock a critter over and perhaps do some other nifty things. Interestingly enough, the poison ability and flares work when you swing it as a staff as well, it makes for a pretty decent two handed weapon.

>fire
You draw back the string on your black oak longbow and a black witchwood arrow shimmers into view.
You fire a black witchwood arrow at a kobold!
AS: +72 vs DS: +27 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +54 = +132
... and hit for 15 points of damage!
Shot to the hand slices a finger to the bone!
The arrow splinters into tiny slivers.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>wait
Time drags on by...
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>wait
Time drags on by...
>wait
Time drags on by...
>
A kobold swings a short sword at you!
You evade the attack with incredible finesse!
>wait
Time drags on by...
>
The kobold crumples to a heap on the ground and dies.

>fire
You draw back the string on your black oak longbow and a black witchwood arrow shimmers into view.
You fire a black witchwood arrow at an ice hound!
AS: +82 vs DS: +76 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +84 = +120
... and hit for 12 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the right leg.

**Noxious liquid from your black oak longbow showers the ice hound which falls to the ground and large, oozing blisters begin to form.*
The arrow splinters into tiny slivers.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Scripts:

>pull longbow
You raise your longbow and draw back on the bowstring, pulling until your fingers are even with your ear, to test the strength of the draw. After satisfying yourself that the draw is correct you slowly release the tension on the bowstring, lowering your longbow.

push longbow
Carefully planting your foot firmly on the ground, you brace the lower limb of your longbow against it securely. With the ease of long practice you slip the top loop of the bowstring from the nock, twist it several times, and slide the knot's loop back into position.

>tap longbow
You scrutinize the limbs of your longbow, occasionally running your thumb along the longbow's surface.

>rub longbow
You polish your black oak longbow with your hand, trying to remove all the imperfections.

>point longbow
You carefully sight down your black oak longbow and along the shaft.

>toss longbow
You toss your longbow a few inches in the air, catching it adroitly and settling your hand comfortably around the grip.

>pluck longbow
You give your longbow string a good pluck, testing it for proper tension.
The string makes a high pitched *twang* as you release it.

Asking 160 million. Open to haggling and trade discussions. Bow is on display in Chivalrous' shop.

You can U2U, PSInet or Lich chat, find me in-game

Edit: Changed the base enchant from 5x to 4x. Lowered the price 15 million as well to compensate. Added a script that FallenSaint pointed out.

[Edited on 12-8-2005 by Drew]

[Edited on 12-9-2005 by Drew]

Vimp
12-06-2005, 06:32 AM
I'm sure when I saw that bow in action last night it was calling to me and had 'Property of Vimpyrre' etched into its surface, listen to the voices!! Um, anyone have 173M to spot me?

Snapp
12-06-2005, 08:12 AM
:drool:

crazymage
12-06-2005, 12:14 PM
probably the best bow other then speakers ive seen.

StrayRogue
12-06-2005, 12:27 PM
It doesn't hit undead though.

Drew
12-07-2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
It doesn't hit undead though.

But against the living it's the best ebow other than the very first original ones. Hence charging half the price of an original one, seems more than fair to me considering the distribution of living/undead creatures.

Amber
12-07-2005, 07:51 AM
While it doesn't hit undead, if it flares while not hitting them, it does poison them. How come yours if 5X though, I thought they were base 4x?

StrayRogue
12-07-2005, 08:29 AM
I agree Drew. Damage wise nothing can beat this except the originals.

Drew
12-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Amber
How come yours if 5X though, I thought they were base 4x?

I should have had it sung to, thanks for pointing this out. Because of the mistake I've lowered the price a bit to compensate.

Kitsun
12-08-2005, 09:42 AM
If you want to make a small adjustment. If the base enchant is +20, then the arrows should vary from +1 to +30 to cover the full range.

Drew
12-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
If you want to make a small adjustment. If the base enchant is +20, then the arrows should vary from +1 to +30 to cover the full range.

I was thinking as much when I updated but I didn't have enough in-game time to test it so I didn't want to put that down until I was sure.

Drew
12-09-2005, 01:59 AM
Tested it, the arrows have 30 point range.

Warriorbird
12-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Pretty sweet item. I wouldn't have enough for it even if I reopened my account though.

Drew
12-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Pretty sweet item. I wouldn't have enough for it even if I reopened my account though.

Yeah it's too bad it doesn't fit my character because it's pretty damn sweet.

Warriorbird
12-10-2005, 08:06 AM
I dunno. I could see it fitting your character.

Chivalrous says, "That is the purifying water of Koar! If you weren't evil it wouldn't burn you!"

:snickers:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-10-2005, 09:07 AM
I'd love to buy that bow :) Shame I'm a bit short on coins, lol.

Drew
12-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Spend or trade your new found FP wealth on this! I'll also trade for DB items, or self mana/self chargers, paticularly opals, heroism, elemental bias, strength or non minor spirit TD adders.

Drew
01-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Bow is sold, thank you for your interest.

Amber
01-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Just out of curiosity, as I've no intention of selling mine, but mind telling us what it sold for?