PDA

View Full Version : 640 getting nerfed. The curse of the Banthino lives on.

Revalos
10-11-2003, 10:13 PM
Well...it seems Rangers are the Bosox of GS. Ever since Banthis, it seems like every implementation for rangers has been either a direct downtweak or a downtweak in disguise.

Tonight, we add to that great list of downtweaks with our 40th level profession list master spell being downtweaked to about the usefulness of a 20th level minor list spell, if not less.

Here's a link to the post, but I'll go over the simple basics of the change here too:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=30&category=36&topic=3&message= 8521

So...here's the deal.

For 40 mana, and 10 ranger ranks above the last spell, which most folks see as worthless anyway, we now get a spell that adds a flat 20 DS (in a later post Cyr drops that bomb, saying that the +1 DS for each ranger rank above 40 has been nixed), and gives us a fourth step in the EBP chain with a second block chance. It does not affect spells of any kind (CS based or physical). It also does not affect maneuvers.

On the other hand we have 120. It adds 20 DS and 25 spirit TD (I think, or is it 20). It is right after another spell in the list. It has been disassociated with the small statue spells so they can both add DS.

Those two seem mighty similar. In fact, in most cases, 120 is preferable, IMHO.

Heh...lets add to the curse that it is looking like Cyr is going to bail on us, adding to the list of GMs who think rangers are a bunch of assholes writ large (which, I'll be the first to admit, we are whenever we get a shafting change like this, but who can blame us with the track record?). See this post of his after just the first ten or so doses of vitriolic posting...which is only the beginning:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=30&category=36&topic=3&message= 8543

Anyone see the light at the end of this bramble hedge?

Halfsilver
10-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Totally agreed Revalos.

I was actually a little disappointed with companion, as well.

Not to mention the nerfing of Spike Thorn.

Rangers. The Mediocre Profession.

-grays/d

StrayRogue
10-12-2003, 07:14 AM
See, but Artha thinks things are great. We all know eight spells above 40 is ALOT of points for Rangers, hell, any semi. I feel for you guys, I really do.

Artha
10-12-2003, 09:32 AM
Damn, that sucks.

STFU stray, and be mature enough to keep our arguments to where they belong.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Artha]

StrayRogue
10-12-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm waiting for you to speak of the silver lining. Or kiss ass, which ever comes first.

Artha
10-12-2003, 10:02 AM
I would if there was one. That just all-around sucks.

StrayRogue
10-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Oh, 618 is next, as it is now more powerful than the 640 version.

Artha
10-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Oh, I found some silver lining!

It'll piss Izbin off.

Snapp
10-12-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Oh, I found some silver lining!

It'll piss Izbin off.

Actually, it'll just piss off his new owner. hehe