PDA

View Full Version : Myspace Suicide.

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 05:12 AM
This is too much. Emo kid gets too emo and shoots himself in the head over a girl.

http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=6d8134fbbe964d76f864b 3b9682dcb19

His myspace account was http://www.myspace.com/jloveb , but hackers have already pwned it, I think by using HTML in comments so it redirects to their site and tries to join an AIM chat room.

And this is just hilarious: http://nmsky.ytmnd.com/

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 05:13 AM
http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=4194237&nav=9qrx

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 05:16 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_870198.php

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 05:33 AM
I can't figure out where the fuck the new redirect on his page is coming from, but I have SP2 so the ActiveX control is being blocked.

As long as you don't allow ActiveX, you should be able to see this without a problem.

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 05:35 AM
http://myspace-544.vo.llnwd.net/00148/44/56/148126544_l.jpg
http://myspace-321.vo.llnwd.net/00269/12/37/269147321_l.jpg
http://myspace-181.vo.llnwd.net/00281/18/16/281216181_l.jpg
http://myspace-188.vo.llnwd.net/00309/88/12/309832188_l.jpg
http://myspace-654.vo.llnwd.net/00333/45/64/333274654_l.jpg

Asha
12-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Oh and let's hope the shot took the hair with it.

Drew
12-04-2005, 07:04 AM
This happened about a week ago or so? My friend linked me to the bulliten he posted. Damn, kids are so stupid.

Drew
12-04-2005, 07:13 AM
The comments from his friends afterwards are odd. Oddly enough I have some experience in this, a person I vaguely knew did almost the same thing on LiveJournal years ago and all the comments read the same way. The outpouring of love and sorrow is to be expected, but the way they talk to the deceased as if they are still there and will check the comments later. It's peculiar to be sure.

StrayRogue
12-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Good. One less over emotional gas station attendent.

Ilvane
12-04-2005, 08:55 AM
That's sad, because god knows almost every 17 year old has a heartbreak or someone bully them.

Poor kid.

-A

Jayvn
12-04-2005, 09:40 AM
heh, kid took the easy way out, and everyone's gonna feel sorry for him, he coulda at least died for some noble cause..not "my emo got in the way."

and his friends
"This could of ben stoped," he says via a Myspace comment page that has become Josh's memorial.
...... who's ben?

iomelindi
12-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Looks like a Kurt cobain wanna be to me. Don't feel sorry for him, he made his own choice. It sucks for his friends and family, but he got the attention he wanted in the end.

I love the fact he sent a "suicide text message" and "Friends became alarmed Monday night and posted messages urging him not to hurt himself". Why didnt someone call him if he had a phone?

Jayvn
12-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Screw calling him, natural selection wins in this case.

StrayRogue
12-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Emo kids text, they don't call. Communicating via actual speech would be too much for them.

Marl
12-04-2005, 09:58 AM
you can't text a 911 call. well i guess you may be able to.
"PLZ go help my bud he is talkin bout doin something crazy like killin himself or worse, pwnin his hair !!!111!! send someone now!!1"
He didnt even do it the true emo way either. overdosing on lithium , ritalin , prozac or xanax or w/e anti depressants these kids are on now a days.

Asha
12-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Emo kids text, they don't call. Communicating via actual speech would be too much for them.

:lol:
SO true!

Skeeter
12-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Kinda looks like Bob's long lost brother.

That first news article may be one of the worst pieces of writing I've ever seen. I had to go cut myself over the pain I felt at trying to read that shit.

Ebondale
12-04-2005, 12:24 PM

Word.

Every time an Emo kid kills themself... God makes a kitten.

I bet theres a whole lot of bad poetry about this on the other emo kids blogs right now.

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Ebondale

Word.

I bet theres a whole lot of bad poetry about this on the other emo kids blogs right now.

people that infatuated with themselves need to be removed from the gene pool. OMG I'm going to take 600 pictures of myself because I am sooo <insert reason here>.

[Edited on 12-4-0505 by Yswithe]

Hulkein
12-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Drew
The comments from his friends afterwards are odd. Oddly enough I have some experience in this, a person I vaguely knew did almost the same thing on LiveJournal years ago and all the comments read the same way. The outpouring of love and sorrow is to be expected, but the way they talk to the deceased as if they are still there and will check the comments later. It's peculiar to be sure.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Struck me as weird, for sure.

Ebondale
12-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Yswithe

people that infatuated with themselves need to be removed from the gene pool. OMG I'm going to take 600 pictures of myself because I am sooo <insert reason here>.

The word you're looking for is "lame". :lol:

[Edited on 12-8-2005 by HarmNone]

Showal
12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
"All the people that knew didnt do shit. i had a good time with u in ceramics. f--- all your friends that did nothing."

Showal
12-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I need to start polls over whether people here would stick up for me or if people love me or have crushes on me.

Ebondale
12-04-2005, 12:46 PM
:violin:

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 01:02 PM
http://myspacide.ytmnd.com/
http://chipmunksuicide.ytmnd.com/
http://vadersuicide.ytmnd.com/

http://www.ytmnd.com/list/?search=myspace+suicide&user=

[Edited on 12-4-2005 by Bobmuhthol]

Showal
12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
http://medievalmyspaceemosuicide.ytmnd.com/

ElanthianSiren
12-04-2005, 01:12 PM
The comments from friends aren't really all that strange; it's part of the new shock of the person being deceased.

It's pretty fucked up of those who are saying, "One less emo kid, yay!!!" Every emo kid has a family, and it sucks for that family. I don't feel any real sympathy for a person who chooses to end their own life, (they're dead), but I do have enough sympathy for the people that they leave behind to know those kinds of comments are inappropriate.

-M

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 01:12 PM
To the family, I say: you made a bad choice by associating yourself with this emo kid.

Ebondale
12-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
The comments from friends aren't really all that strange; it's part of the new shock of the person being deceased.

It's pretty fucked up of those who are saying, "One less emo kid, yay!!!" Every emo kid has a family, and it sucks for that family. I don't feel any real sympathy for a person who chooses to end their own life, (they're dead), but I do have enough sympathy for the people that they leave behind to know those kinds of comments are inappropriate.

-M

Maybe if those families had payed a little more attention to what their little emo ball of angst was doing then they wouldn't have ended their life.

No sympathy for the family.

SpunGirl
12-04-2005, 01:28 PM
People who kill themselves are cowards, for the most part. As my dad says, "it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem." I do feel bad for his family and friends that have to deal with this bullshit. Were I in their shoes, I'd be more angry and irritated at his stupidity than anything else.

-K

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Yeah. This is the nature vs. nurture argument. Naturally, nature won because there was probably the wrong kind of nurture going on.

how appropriate, Maddox Has a relevant new t-shirt design.

http://store.theworstpageintheuniverse.com/shirts.html#PARENT

Rangerpuff
12-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren

-M

I agree this is someone's baby., and it's a sad tragedy. It has always happend, and will continue to happen, distraught teen-agers who really don't know how to deal with life, or their problems simply just give up. I don't understand if all the "Yay, Emo kid dies!" comments are in jest or not, but to me they are definatly in bad tasted.

Just my silly two cents..

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 01:47 PM
<<People who kill themselves are cowards, for the most part.>>

That makes no sense. People who kill themselves are smart. There's no real reason to be alive, especially when one doesn't enjoy life. I'm all for suicide as a perfectly justifiable action to take at any time.

<<As my dad says, "it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.">>

So is war, and we're engaged in one right now.

<<Were I in their shoes, I'd be more angry and irritated at his stupidity than anything else.>>

Suicide is not stupid by any means.

Revon1
12-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
That makes no sense. People who kill themselves are smart. There's no real reason to be alive, especially when one doesn't enjoy life. I'm all for suicide as a perfectly justifiable action to take at any time.

You are obviously not thankful for the life that has been given to you and your parents that brought you in this world. Commiting suicide is just like spitting on the faces of all those who care for you and provided you with (almost) everything that you have and need. If you believe suicide is a justifiable action to take at any time then you need to just get it over with right now and save your parents the money and time they put into making your life better.

<<As my dad says, "it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.">>

So is war, and we're engaged in one right now.

I was under the impression that war eventually ended.

Suicide is not stupid by any means.

I agree (to an extent) because in some cases people might have to kill themselves in order to save others. In this boys case, commiting suicide was extremely stupid but that just means there are less cowards in this world. We can make room for someone that will make themselves more useful.

Hulkein
12-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Haha, Bob makes the most ridiculous claims sometimes.

Latrinsorm
12-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Revon1
I was under the impression that war eventually ended.In a general sense, no, war has been ongoing for millenia. In a specific sense, no, because the context Bob made the claim in indicates he was talking about the people killed in war over (classically speaking) temporary problems.
You are obviously not thankful for the life that has been given to you Nobody asks to be born. Nobody who cares about a person wants to see that person go through pain. Haven't you ever heard a parent say he or she would rather themselves be hurt than his or her children?

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 03:07 PM
For the record, everyone's going to forget about this like, in 3 weeks (probably sooners)

lol @:
http://medievalmyspaceemosuicide.ytmnd.com/

lol @:
http://nmsky.ytmnd.com/

lol @ h4x0rz pwning:
http://www.myspace.com/jloveb

Asha
12-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks Ywsithe I just entered a hacked chatroom and was forced to shout obcene things about your AIM SN and what the 400 of them should do with it.
:bouncy::heart:

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 03:15 PM
<<I was under the impression that war eventually ended.>>

The people who die from war are dead forever.

<<If you believe suicide is a justifiable action to take at any time then you need to just get it over with right now and save your parents the money and time they put into making your life better.>>

Appreciating the existence of the concept of suicide and its ability to solve any personal issue as far as the person committing suicide is concerned does not mean that I dislike life or want to die. I don't know where you got that idea. Suicide is flawless, but unnecessary.

<<In this boys case, commiting suicide was extremely stupid but that just means there are less cowards in this world. We can make room for someone that will make themselves more useful.>>

I can't begin to comprehend how you can call someone stupid or a coward for committing suicide. That's like forcing someone to live against their will. How does his life concern you in any way? What about ending his life makes him stupid? You might think it would be stupid for you to kill yourself because you appreciate life, but you're not him. He's not stupid for doing something he wanted to do. He's also not a coward: it takes courage to end your life. Cowards are the ones who talk about killing themselves and never do because they're afraid to die.

What Latrinsorm said is my basic point:

Nobody asks to be born.

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Nevermind
Thanks Ywsithe I just entered a hacked chatroom and was forced to shout obcene things about your AIM SN and what the 400 of them should do with it.

:scared:

you were warned, had you been paying attention to the beginning of the thread..

SpunGirl
12-04-2005, 03:20 PM
If you'd rather kill yourself than face your problems or do the necessary work to fix a mess you've gotten yourself into, you're a coward.

Suicide is not "flawless." It has far-reaching consequences that effect the lives of those that are left behind. The people that didn't CHOOSE the suicide are the ones that have to deal with it, while the person who chose to end their life no longer has anything to deal with it. This is a selfish thing to do to the people that you, should you choose to kill yourself, will leave behind.

-K

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 03:28 PM
<<If you'd rather kill yourself than face your problems or do the necessary work to fix a mess you've gotten yourself into, you're a coward.>>

:down: Suicide does not connotate escape from a self-inflicted problem; it also does not connotate that such escape is a cowardly act whatsoever. I wouldn't call someone a coward because their priorities mandate that they die before they endure whatever it takes to make their life enjoyable.

<<Suicide is not "flawless.">>

It most certainly is. A dead person does not know what a flaw is.

<<It has far-reaching consequences that effect the lives of those that are left behind.>>

I didn't make this connection before, but I meant to link "suicide is flawless" with what I said before: "Appreciating the existence of the concept of suicide and its ability to solve any personal issue as far as the person committing suicide is concerned[...]." Suicide is flawless because nothing bad can happen to a dead person.

<<The people that didn't CHOOSE the suicide are the ones that have to deal with it, while the person who chose to end their life no longer has anything to deal with it.>>

Making it a flawless concept: if everyone committed suicide, there would be nothing bad or evil on Earth.

<<This is a selfish thing to do to the people that you, should you choose to kill yourself, will leave behind.>>

It doesn't matter when you're dead.

Asha
12-04-2005, 03:29 PM

Actually I did it on purpose just so you'd have all those shiny new emo friends!!
:hug:

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 03:36 PM

Actually I did it on purpose just so you'd have all those shiny new emo friends!!
:hug:

I love breaking emo people.
(more than they are already)
:D

oops. that's xxxxx'x job. DING DING!

SpunGirl
12-04-2005, 03:36 PM
<<This is a selfish thing to do to the people that you, should you choose to kill yourself, will leave behind.>>

It doesn't matter when you're dead.

This is like saying that killing someone is OK even if they don't want to die, because what they wanted doesn't matter once they're dead. If you take an action that will negatively affect people that are going to be the sole ones shouldering the burdens of that action, that's fucked up. The suicide knows this going in to things. If you think, "this won't matter to me once I'm dead," this is a selfish thought.

I went to high school with someone who had a fight with his best friend. He shot himself over it. He said as much in his suicide note. High schoolers have squabbles and disagreements all the time over retarded things, and they pass. To me, killing oneself over that is pretty ridiculous. Of course, as people have pointed out, it does eliminate people who are prone to wild flights of emotional, irrational behavior.

-K

[Edited on 12-4-2005 by SpunGirl]

Fission
12-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Making it a flawless concept: if everyone committed suicide, there would be nothing bad or evil on Earth.

Not entirely true - our works would survive us, unless the entire world went out in a pretty spectacular fashion. There would still be bad and evil things, but nothing new creating more for the most part.

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 03:43 PM
<<This is like saying that killing someone is OK even if they don't want to die>>

No it ain't.

<<because what they wanted doesn't matter once they're dead.>>

Nope. Not like that at all.

<<If you take an action that will negatively affect people that are going to be the sole ones shouldering the burdens of that action, that's fucked up.>>

It sucks that suicide affects people, I guess. That's not suicide's fault, though. No one is forcing you to be affected by the death of someone who didn't like life very much. If someone you know commits suicide, you were less important to them than dying. Why let that spoil your good time?

<<The suicide knows this going in to things. If you think, "this won't matter to me once I'm dead," this is a selfish thought.>>

It's much more selfish for people to expect someone to live because they don't want to have to deal with his or her death. Let people do what they want to do, please.

<<I went to high school with someone who had a fight with their best friend. He shot himself over it. He said as much in his suicide note.>>

It's impossible to kill yourself over something like this. One has to want to die or not realize what death is in order for his or her mind to allow death. He can say whatever he wants in his suicide note, but he died because he didn't like living. No matter what caused it, he prefers death, and that doesn't make him less of a person or stupid or a coward.

<<High schoolers have squabbles and disagreements all the time over retarded things, and they pass.>>

Again, cause of death was suicide, not a fight.

<<To me, killing oneself over that is pretty ridiculous.>>

That's totally okay, but you have no right to say it displays stupidity or cowardice.

<<Of course, as people have pointed out, it does eliminate people who are prone to wild flights of emotinal, irrational behavior.>>

That makes it okay. Not the whole notion of free will. The fact that it keeps you away from the crazies.

You're the selfish one.

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 03:44 PM
<<Not entirely true - our works would survive us, unless the entire world went out in a pretty spectacular fashion. There would still be bad and evil things, but nothing new creating more for the most part.>>

If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

My point is that if nobody is around to know that evil exists, then it must not exist.

Viridian
12-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Ebondale

Word.

In all seriousness...I'm editing my post, I had made an insenstive comment. Because I'm sure this kid's family is deeply saddened by their loss.

I shouldn't make a joke out of it, it was wrong of me to do so.

[Edited on 12-4-2005 by Viridian]

SpunGirl
12-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Can you think of anyone, Bob, that you care about? I'm sure you can. Can you tell me what your reaction would be if they killed themselves? Has this ever actually happened to you?

As to "reasoning" for suicide, it's a little arrogant of anyone to guess a specific reason why someone kills themselves. If they say in a note, "I am killing myself because xyz," you should take that at face value, unless you have some other specific knowledge of their reasoning. Generalizing by saying, "they didn't want to live" is a little beneath you. While not wanting to live may be the conclusion they reached, that happened because of an event, or a series of events. Again, we have only the suicidal person to rely on for these kinds of specifics.

-K

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Can you think of anyone, Bob, that you care about? I'm sure you can. Can you tell me what your reaction would be if they killed themselves? Has this ever actually happened to you?

As to "reasoning" for suicide, it's a little arrogant of anyone to guess a specific reason why someone kills themselves. If they say in a note, "I am killing myself because xyz," you should take that at face value, unless you have some other specific knowledge of their reasoning. Generalizing by saying, "they didn't want to live" is a little beneath you. While not wanting to live may be the conclusion they reached, that happened because of an event, or a series of events. Again, we have only the suicidal person to rely on for these kinds of specifics.

-K

Most people lack the cognizance to truly understand why they do what they do to begin with.

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 04:08 PM
<<Can you think of anyone, Bob, that you care about? I'm sure you can. Can you tell me what your reaction would be if they killed themselves? Has this ever actually happened to you?>>

If someone I cared about killed themself, I would fall into grievence. It would test just how maliable the fabric of my emotions truly is, and I would be shattered by the news. Has it happened to me? No.

<<As to "reasoning" for suicide, it's a little arrogant of anyone to guess a specific reason why someone kills themselves.>>

No, it isn't. The mind does not allow self-destruction if it enjoys being alive. The reason you do not kill yourself is not because other people don't want you to, it's because your brain doesn't allow you to. In your right mind, assuming you value life, you will not commit suicide. The fight wasn't the reason your friend killed himself. The fact that he wanted to die was. You can't willingly kill yourself if you don't want to and understand what it is that you're doing if you love life so much.

<<If they say in a note, "I am killing myself because xyz," you should take that at face value, unless you have some other specific knowledge of their reasoning.>>

It's safe to say that no matter what reason is given, someone commits suicide because they wanted to commit suicide. This is opposite world. People make choices depending on what the most beneficial option is and that's what they want to do.

<<Generalizing by saying, "they didn't want to live" is a little beneath you.>>

...how? If you murder someone, it's because you don't want them to live. If you murder yourself, it's because you don't want to live.

<<While not wanting to live may be the conclusion they reached, that happened because of an event, or a series of events. Again, we have only the suicidal person to rely on for these kinds of specifics.>>

I didn't say anything about this. I just said that you don't kill yourself because of an event; you must come to that very conclusion that you no longer want to live. No matter what makes you not want to live, it has to happen.

StrayRogue
12-04-2005, 04:10 PM
You would have rocked in my "Philosophy of Logic" lectures Bob.

Latrinsorm
12-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Fission
There would still be bad and evil thingsThere are no (morally) bad or evil things. There are only bad or evil people.
My point is that if nobody is around to know that evil exists, then it must not exist. I can promise you that light existed as a wave and a particle long, long before anyone knew it did. Epistemological claims do not automatically equal metaphysical claims. You might as well claim that if we were all blind, the sun wouldn't be yellow anymore.

Fission
12-04-2005, 04:35 PM
There are no (morally) bad or evil things. There are only bad or evil people.

Something like kiddie porn isn't exactly morally neutral, either.

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 04:45 PM
<<You might as well claim that if we were all blind, the sun wouldn't be yellow anymore.>>

Colors don't exist.

Latrinsorm
12-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Something like kiddie porn isn't exactly morally neutral, either. A picture (or video or whatever) is entirely morally neutral. It's just a collection of colored dots. It's what the media depicts (i.e. peoples' actions) that's the problem.

SpunGirl
12-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Bob, I get your meaning, I just don't agree with it. That might be due to my emotions regarding the whole topic. In many aspects, I feel (hah) you are oversimplifying things. Though the ultimate conclusion is the same, the paths a person takes to get there are varied, and they all play a role.

If Bob had been in any of my discussion-based classes in HS or better yet, in college, the collective quality of said discussions would have improved vastly. I would have enjoyed any words he may have had for one super-feminist soc professor in particular.

-K

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Something like kiddie porn isn't exactly morally neutral, either. A picture (or video or whatever) is entirely morally neutral. It's just a collection of colored dots. It's what the media depicts (i.e. peoples' actions) that's the problem.

How about this one.

It's how you perceive what the media depicts as the problem?

Latrinsorm
12-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Perception is irrelevant to good and evil.

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 07:25 PM
I guess this is another forum discussion about the Myspace Suicide.. (not sure if these have been posted yet).

http://ubb.kerrang.com/showflat.php?Number=1586413
http://www.team3d.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=35612

I wonder if we're going to see a ripple effect of suicides now? Probably not likely, but it certainly indicates a growing subculture that may be bigger and more serious than the "goth" thing.

I know that suicide is something that occurs, however, I have taken note that there has been a remarkable rise in area teen suicides over the past few years. I can't help but wonder if this is a growing trend or just a peak that is going to result in an eventual decline.

I also can't help but note that since the internet has information available that people wouldn't necessarily have been reading pre-internet, that we're just becoming more aware of these events.

[Edited on 12-5-0505 by Yswithe]

Vesi
12-04-2005, 07:39 PM
I have to take the stance that, for most, suicide is an end to pain you can no longer live with.(be it physical or mental) I wouldn't make fun of someone that did it. I have felt horrible grief and guilt when I found out someone I knew did it. (you always wonder could you have done something... chances are no I probably couldn't and I had to just accept it) Jokes are not appropriate in this instance.

Also, the line "I didn't ask to be born" will go away as you mature. Imagine a 60 year old man telling his 80 year old mother that. You usually hear that 'gem' from ungrateful teenagers when they don't get their way. I mean, seriously, no one ASKED to be born. Get real. What a stupid line.

Vesi

[Edited on 12-5-2005 by Vesi]

Apotheosis
12-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Vesi
I have to take the stance that, for most, suicide is an end to pain you can no longer live with.(be it physical or mental) I wouldn't make fun of someone that did it. I have felt horrible grief and guilt when I found out someone I knew did it. (you always wonder could you have done something... chances are no I probably couldn't and I had to just accept it) Jokes are not appropriate in this instance.

Also, the line "I didn't ask to be born" will go away as you mature. Imagine a 60 year old man telling his 80 year old mother that. You usually hear that 'gem' from ungrateful teenagers when they don't get their way. I mean, seriously, no one ASKED to be born. Get real. What a stupid line.

Vesi

I had a friend take his life just a little over a year ago. I feel sympathetic for the situation, yet I still struggle with the immaturity of suicide, and ridiculousness of the "counter culture" that promotes it. Not saying that emo is promoting it, but they sure are focusing on the pain of depression vs. the joys that life has to offer.

Latrinsorm
12-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I mean, seriously, no one ASKED to be born.Yes, that's exactly what I said. It's ridiculous to expect someone to be grateful for something they never asked for, even if that something happens to be pretty awesome.

Vesi
12-04-2005, 07:50 PM

I had a friend take his life just a little over a year ago. I feel sympathetic for the situation, yet I still struggle with the immaturity of suicide, and ridiculousness of the "counter culture" that promotes it. Not saying that emo is promoting it, but they sure are focusing on the pain of depression vs. the joys that life has to offer.

I agree that suicide shouldn't be 'promoted', however I don't think someone will kill themselves to 'fit in'.(sort of defeats the purpose right?) There are always going to be people looking for someone to support the step that they have made up in their mind that they are going to take. Either you will kill yourself or not. Funny how in the groups that promote suicide, the same people keep posting. Why aren't they dead? Because, if they were dead they couldn't be all cool and emo and depressed AND show everyone day after day how depressed they are. (in thier minds)

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Vesi

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 07:51 PM
<<Also, the line "I didn't ask to be born" will go away as you mature. Imagine a 60 year old man telling his 80 year old mother that. You usually hear that 'gem' from ungrateful teenagers when they don't get their way. I mean, seriously, no one ASKED to be born. Get real. What a stupid line.>>

You're a stupid person to say this. I don't think you understand the concept of discussion. No one is trying to get their way, and I am absolutely offended by you insulting my intelligence. I've written a few choice words (including 'you stupid bitch') but I've deleted them multiple times. I'm dumbfounded at how you could ever say such a completely irrelevant thing in this thread. (Deleted 'fucking retarded' in this sentence)

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 07:52 PM
<<however I don't think someone will kill themselves to 'fit in'.>>

What you think is not reality, I'm afraid.

Vesi
12-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I said. It's ridiculous to expect someone to be grateful for something they never asked for, even if that something happens to be pretty awesome.

The sad thing is there are lots of things that everyone should be grateful for that they never asked for that are awesome. (that line however makes me want to smack someone)

Think I'll go look at the stars. I didn't ask for them though! Damn solar system.

Vesi

Vesi
12-04-2005, 08:07 PM
<<Also, the line "I didn't ask to be born" will go away as you mature. Imagine a 60 year old man telling his 80 year old mother that. You usually hear that 'gem' from ungrateful teenagers when they don't get their way. I mean, seriously, no one ASKED to be born. Get real. What a stupid line.>>

You're a stupid person to say this. I don't think you understand the concept of discussion. No one is trying to get their way, and I am absolutely offended by you insulting my intelligence. I've written a few choice words (including 'you stupid bitch') but I've deleted them multiple times. I'm dumbfounded at how you could ever say such a completely irrelevant thing in this thread. (Deleted 'fucking retarded' in this sentence)

Hit a nerve Bob?

Explain to me how I'm stupid. I've basically agreed with your stance on suicide. You're not going to stop someone that is going to do it.(not just talk about it)

I wasn't the first one to bring up that line in this thread so I don't see how it's irrelevant. I think it's a stupid thing to say.

Vesi

Vesi
12-04-2005, 08:10 PM
<<however I don't think someone will kill themselves to 'fit in'.>>

What you think is not reality, I'm afraid.

Wasn't it you that said that what did it matter what happened after the suicide because they will be dead?

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 08:14 PM
<<Hit a nerve Bob?>>

Yes, you did. I strongly dislike when my intelligence is blindly insulted. It makes you a fucking idiot.

<<Explain to me how I'm stupid. I've basically agreed with your stance on suicide.>>

Cool, but you sort of didn't agree with people not asking to be born. You also implied that I'm an "ungrateful teenager" and I didn't "get [my] way" for saying it. My response to this, which I'm sure you could have deduced on your own, is: Fuck you.

<<I wasn't the first one to bring up that line in this thread so I don't see how it's irrelevant. I think it's a stupid thing to say.>>

What you said is irrelevant, not the fact that you brought up the quote. Saying that it's used by "ungrateful teenagers when they don't get their way" has absolutely no contribution to a discussion on suicide. Share your infinite wisdom in the proper thread, please.

It's stupid that society lets you live. :'(

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2005, 08:15 PM
<<Wasn't it you that said that what did it matter what happened after the suicide because they will be dead?>>

Yes. That doesn't conflict with anything else that I've said.

Vesi
12-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I admit I phrased it differently and when I read it all I heard was 'I didn't ask to be born', and yes it normally is falling out of some teenager's mouth. (and just because you are one of the few teenagers here Bob, that was NOT directed at you) Also, maybe you are right about the 'try to fit in' thing. Some people that take their lives don't have to facilities to see that their death will not make them a hero or immortalize them. It will just make them dead. And leave sorrow in their wake.(and tons of what ifs?)

True, no one asked to be born. And no one should ask permission to die. If you can't live in this world, then leave it. Who am I to say whatever pain you are facing is something you can live with?(though I would try to help someone but bottom line if they are going to do it... they are going to do it)

Vesi

Latrinsorm
12-04-2005, 08:32 PM
The sad thing is there are lots of things that everyone should be grateful for that they never asked for that are awesome.By that logic, we should force people (mostly women) to be impregnated. Sure, there's plenty of negative stimuli involved, but having a child is such an incredible experience that every woman should go through it, regardless of whether she wants to or not.

Amazing how those fat cat politicians made laws against that, isn't it?

Vesi
12-04-2005, 08:46 PM

The sad thing is there are lots of things that everyone should be grateful for that they never asked for that are awesome.By that logic, we should force people (mostly women) to be impregnated. Sure, there's plenty of negative stimuli involved, but having a child is such an incredible experience that every woman should go through it, regardless of whether she wants to or not.

Amazing how those fat cat politicians made laws against that, isn't it?

I thought my statement was a positive, yet albeit, sad one. Not sure what your post means since I was agreeing with you.

Latrinsorm
12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I am not saying that people should be grateful for life, so no, we're not agreeing. I'm a firm believer in "where there's life there's hope", but I can't by force of will make every life feel like it's worth living.

The Ponzzz
12-05-2005, 05:01 AM
Man these myspace things are fucked on the ytmnd server...

Caiylania
12-05-2005, 06:28 AM
I agree with Bobmuhthol on this. While I do think eventually things get better, I know there are people out their living lives I do not understand and with pain I can't grasp. There have been times in my life where maybe life didn't seem worth it... and while I pulled out of it, I can understand there are those that don't.

I have seen what suicide does to those the person leaves behind, and I would like to think that if you are loved by enough people that maybe you could see your life is valued.

But once someone makes that final choice... I would have to accept that there were things there that hurt them in ways they didn't feel would go away. Who am I to judge that?

Though I also do not think it is wrong for those left behind to feel some anger. I probably would :(

Snapp
12-05-2005, 07:03 AM
The main one I feel sorry for is the girl he shot himself over. She probably feels a lot of guilt over it.

12-05-2005, 07:19 AM
I pretty much agree with Snapp.

- Arkans

DeV
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Regarding suicide; I have no problem with a person choosing to end their existence by their own hands. The guilt left behind by some who tend to blame others for their destruction in notes or letters can be hard to overcome but not impossible. In any case, another tragic adolescent life has ended. This is sad, mainly because the impulse to end it all, however overpowering it may be at the moment, does not last forever.

And I was just reminded why I only check my myspace account when I happen to see the name mentioned and not regularly.

tony

Date: Dec 5, 2005 8:22 AM Flag spam/abuse. [ ? ]
Subject: No Subject
Body: hi there if you looking for a submissive white guy let me know ok?

xtc
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I feel sorry this poor kid. Yes, suicide is stupid especially over a girl. I feel sorry for his family, especially since people on the net are making fun of him. I also feel sorry for the girl

CrystalTears
12-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Wow. Just... wow.

Suicide weeds out the weak-willed people, as far as I'm concerned. And if they don't want to live, let them take their life elsewhere.

It's sad that these people feel they're reduced to suicide, but it's something you can't take back, and hopefully the afterlife doesn't include regret as a feeling you take with you. That would really suck.

Asha
12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm sure this kid was in a fucking horrible place both in his life and his mentality.
If he did it to be emo and nothing else then hard lines, less sympathy. But whenever I even begin to imagine the probable panic, frustration and loneliness he felt that justified shooting himself to death in the face, I feel sorry for him.
Maybe I'm a sucker and weak, but having experienced the depression, craving attention and frustration that drives people to do stupid shit, I can't help it.

It's fucking awful, tragic news.
And hair like that doesn't deserve to live.

Ravenstorm
12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
The main one I feel sorry for is the girl he shot himself over. She probably feels a lot of guilt over it.

Originally posted by DeV
Regarding suicide; I have no problem with a person choosing to end their existence by their own hands. The guilt left behind by some who tend to blame others for their destruction in notes or letters can be hard to overcome but not impossible. In any case, another tragic adolescent life has ended. This is sad, mainly because the impulse to end it all, however overpowering it may be at the moment, does not last forever.

Back when I was in college, someone I knew killed himself. We were in the same science fiction club and saw each other pretty much every day, hung out with the same people, etc. It was pretty upsetting and I didn't even particularly like him.

It was back in the later 80s to give a time frame. He was gay and was 'rejected' by his best friend; a straight guy he fell in love with who was also in the same club as us. The guy handled it well, willing to be friends and accepting how he felt but couldn't give more.

In Dan's note (the guy who killed himself), he left 'all his dirty laundry' to Rich (the guy he was in love with). That was really, really unkind and it hit him hard. He was smart enough to realize he didn't cause it but it still hurt.

Dan's parents came down to the college to collect his things and there was a memorial service for him. I got to meet them briefly as did a lot of us because we were all in the same club. They were devastated: confused, hurt, wondering what they did wrong, what they could have done but didn't.

Had Dan not killed himself, it's entirely possible I might not be around now. It wasn't a good time back then and I was very unhappy. But I knew after seeing the effect it had on his parents that I could never kill myself so long as my parents were alive. You just can't do that to people you care about. Ever.

No real point to this but the thread reminded me of it all. And who knows, perhaps someone will take it as a lesson and rule it out as an option.

Raven

Asha
12-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by DeV This is sad, mainly because the impulse to end it all, however overpowering it may be at the moment, does not last forever.

Christ, that's the most important message this kid or anyone who ever felt like him should hear.

longshot
12-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Raven, that was a really insightful post. Thanks for sharing that.

Latrinsorm, you should probably click here...
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40984

[Edited on 12-6-2005 by longshot]

Hulkein
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
That article is awesome.

Latrinsorm
12-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by longshot
Latrinsorm, you should probably click here...Anyone who goes to an Ivy League school and doesn't expect an infestation of guys like that gets what they deserve.

Drew2
12-11-2005, 04:54 PM

Bobmuhthol
12-11-2005, 04:56 PM
http://myspacide.ytmnd.com/
http://vadersuicide.ytmnd.com/

http://www.ytmnd.com/list/?search=myspace+suicide&user=

imported_Eoghain
12-12-2005, 05:30 AM
holy shit i'm like trying not to pee myself laughing over all of your comments.

Sweeeeeet.

Trinitis
12-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by DeV

tony

Date: Dec 5, 2005 8:22 AM Flag spam/abuse. [ ? ]
Subject: No Subject
Body: hi there if you looking for a submissive white guy let me know ok?

:saint: