PDA

View Full Version : Boozing In England for new years

Overlord
11-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Anyone reccomend anywhere in particular. I figure I might as well hit Newcastle considering how long since my last visit. Besides its fairly close to the borders.

Bloody 24 hour drinklicensing in england, going to rob the scottish pub of brewer investors for the next 3 years untill we get it sorted up here.

xtc
11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Wasn't there some determination that by giving out 24 hour licences they would reduce all the brawling that takes place at 11pm closing time. I watched a BBC show on it and I think the theory was that because kids/young adults now they only have till 11pm to drink they go nuts and that if they can drink 24/7 it will reduce the binge drinking.

Skeeter
11-30-2005, 11:51 AM
sound logic :rolleyes:

Overlord
11-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Well theres 2 sides of that coin.

One side being the fact that due to 24 hour drinking theres probably going to be incidents occuring in the dead hours of the morning, and a hell of a lot more drunks considering people that get off late night shifts.

Then theres the fact that people will not all be booted out into the streets together at 11pm (or 12-1am up here in Scotland as it stands just now) and cut down on incidents around pubs. Meh its good and bad, I suppose it evens it out.

Its all good for me however.

Czeska
11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Wow, the idiot drunks in the US have til 2am to get kicked out.

Skeeter
11-30-2005, 12:16 PM
If they're going to fight outside the pub. why wouldn't they fight inside the pub?

Hulkein
11-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Because it's usually more appealing to continue drinking then fight and get kicked out.

Sean of the Thread
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
Wow, the idiot drunks in the US have til 2am to get kicked out.

3am in some areas.

Asha
11-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Haha Newcastle?
They kick the shit out of anyone who dares wear shoes, then while you're bleeding on the concrete, pick up their kebab and continue arguing with the take away owner about how tight they are with the chilli sauce in some language you'll never understand.
Then they smack their girlfriend.

Enjoy, man. You enjoy.

(sweeping generalisation formulated from 1 single night)

Czeska
11-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Have a drink on New Year's for me, Geoff... since the most I'll be having is a sip or two of champagne at midnight.

Overlord
12-01-2005, 03:56 AM
LoL, i'll be sure to gorge myself on a bottle or two for you dear.

And if not newcastle, then where the hell would you suggest. I could always come down and pay your dumbass a visit.