PDA

View Full Version : How gay is too gay?

Asha
11-30-2005, 07:53 AM
This is shocking, but after that wears off it's quite hillarious.

Wednesday 30th Nov 2005.
The Guardian.

Can you be just a little bit gay? Is gayness ever just a phase? These are serious, difficult questions. But yesterday some light was thrown on the subject by none other than the Catholic church. The Vatican published a new edict on its position on priests and homosexuality, one approved by the new pope, and the answer to all these questions, it emerges, is "yes".

Read on.. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/gayrights/story/0,12592,1653826,00.html)

Xandalf
11-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Yeah.. you're not really gay.

You just suck dick on the weekends.

Asha
11-30-2005, 08:08 AM
:lol: Fuck that sums the whole thing up so well.
Xandalf You're a star!

Czeska
11-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Speaking to the "formerly" gay young man, the Catholic church says, "It's alright, my son, you're a reborn gay virgin. Please enter the seminary."

WTFever.

Aaysia
11-30-2005, 08:23 AM
I just noticed Nevermind's sig today :lol:

And.. uhm. as for the article. Xandalf really just put it quite nicely.

Warriorbird
11-30-2005, 08:38 AM
So... basically... you can be a closeted gay priest.

:snickers:

I'm sure this will go over well.

Asha
11-30-2005, 08:45 AM
What does it matter which sex you find attractive when you're supposed to be celebate?
I want to know what other factors being homosexual affects within their duties, that makes them seen as unsuitable.

Warriorbird
11-30-2005, 09:00 AM
Members of the "homosexual culture" might want to get married to adult homosexuals. Closeted homosexuals probably won't.

The logic of this is highly questionable, given recent scandals.

Latrinsorm
11-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Or, to put it another way, homosexuality is very much like smoking - a few years off the fags, and you're all nice and pure again.British journalism is so much better than American.
The churches have stood against every form of social progress since the year dot.I don't know what the year dot is exactly, but if it's anything prior to the formation of the Catholic Church, this is patently false.

Overlord
11-30-2005, 09:43 AM
So this is what you've been doing whith your employment hiatus bro? Reaserching the gay community, possibly trying to find your place in it? :smilegrin:

Asha
11-30-2005, 09:43 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or, to put it another way, homosexuality is very much like smoking - a few years off the fags, and you're all nice and pure again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

British journalism is so much better than American.

~ Latrinsorm

Honestly . . shit like that just makes me so happy to be British.
When I read it on the site, I spat cornflakes back into the bowl.

Lady Shadow
11-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Nevermind
What does it matter which sex you find attractive when you're supposed to be celebate?
I want to know what other factors being homosexual affects within their duties, that makes them seen as unsuitable.

I thought it was because they viewed homosexuality as a sin. So, I guess as long as you don't label yourself a full homosexual, even if you have 'those tendencies' you can be a priest now. Fascinating.

Asha
11-30-2005, 10:14 AM
''Full homosexual''
:lol:

It's a joke isn't it. :)

DeV
11-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Xandalf
Yeah.. you're not really gay.

You just suck dick on the weekends. Exactly. They are full of it once again.

Makkah
11-30-2005, 10:29 AM
<<How gay is too gay?>>

The answer is simple: Tayre.

xtc
11-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Now personally I don't get it. I always figured either you are gay or you are straight. However I have a friend who likes both guys and girls, when I have asked about his sexuality he says he is more straight than gay but still somewhat gay. He isn't in denial, he is one of the most open people I know and his friends/family knows all about his bisexuality.

Remember Kinsey's study on human sexuality where he determined that sexuality is a scale. Absolutely straight on one side, absolutely gay on the other and lots of gray in the middle.

crazymage
11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
There's 2 ends of the gay spectrum.

Peam (classic closet case) - Arkans (in denial yet flamboyantly gay)- and Tayre.

Warriorbird
11-30-2005, 12:21 PM
So...bishop could be another Peam "job with a hat?" ... but Tayre'd be flat out.

Right?

[Edited on 11-30-2005 by Warriorbird]

Necromancer
11-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I love the huge obsession with "Homosexuality And the Church" that only focuses on priests (man-on-man action), but not a single peep about lesbians in the nunery.

Poor lesbians, always ignored.

Also, the pope is a huge homosexual. Girlfriend wears prada shoes, a 10 foot tall hat, and a gold-trimmed dress. She just hates competition.

[Edited on 11-30-2005 by Snapp]

xtc
11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Necromancer
I love the huge obsession with "Homosexuality And the Church" that only focuses on priests (man-on-man action), but not a single peep about lesbians in the nunery.

Poor lesbians, always ignored.

Also, the pope is a huge homosexual. Girlfriend wears prada shoes, a 10 foot tall hat, and a gold-trimmed dress. She just hates competition.

Nah he isn't gay, he is an alien. The hat is to hide his humongous alien head.

DeV
11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
He wears red Prada shoes to be exact.

crazymage
11-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
So...bishop could be another Peam "job with a hat?" ... but Tayre'd be flat out.

Right?

[Edited on 11-30-2005 by Warriorbird]

You got it.

hectomaner
11-30-2005, 02:07 PM
this is too gay

http://www.2-door.com/akgirl.jpg

Asha
11-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Holy SHIT Hecto, who's that hot bitch in your post?
MMMmmm MMM!

Kainen
11-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Necromancer

:lol::lol::lol:

xtc
11-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner
this is too gay

http://www.2-door.com/akgirl.jpg

lol, poor Arkans. This is why I don't post my pic on the net. If Arkan's mother saw that pic she would think her son was a cross dresser.

Asha
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
No . . No I won't be cruel.

[Edited on 11-30-2005 by Nevermind]

hectomaner
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by xtc
lol, poor Arkans. This is why I don't post my pic on the net. If Arkan's mother saw that pic she would think her son was a cross dresser.

wait, you mean he is NOT a crossdresser????

Czeska
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
That makeup just screams for those red Prada shoes DeV was talking about.

CrystalTears
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by xtc

If I was Arkan's mother, and knew that he drinks Corona w/grenadine, wears SATCHELS, and spends a lot of money on "outfits", I wouldn't think, I would know.

:heart: Arkans, though

Terminator X
11-30-2005, 03:02 PM
I got up to this line and decided to copy and paste:

"...No one from Queer Jihad was replying to messages yesterday..."

Holy.. fucking.. shit.. Wow? :?:

- The Termite

Necromancer
11-30-2005, 04:34 PM
We have a Jihad? Hot damn!

Necromancer
11-30-2005, 04:35 PM
From the Organization's Site:

Queer Jihad is the queer Muslim struggle for acceptance: first, the struggle to accept ourselves as being exactly the way Allah has created us to be; and secondly, the struggle for understanding among Muslims in general.

'Jihad' is a misunderstood word: it means to struggle, to endeavor. Traditionally, the first and most important jihad is the struggle with one's self, one's nafs, one's selfish desires, the struggle to do good, to be good, to put into practice the beliefs and values we claim to possess. 'Queer jihad' is our own struggle with sexuality, with accepting it and dealing with it, and moving on, but it is also an endeavor to provide knowledge and foster understanding within the larger community....

peam
12-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Man, fuck you guys.

I love the V.

imported_Eoghain
12-23-2005, 04:54 PM
There's something about a man in a dress who lavishes all of his attention ona guy with a six pack wearing a loincloth that just screams Homofabulous.

Back
12-23-2005, 05:25 PM
You know how I know you’re gay? I saw you make a spinich dip in a bread bowl.

Alfster
12-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by xtc

Wonder what his (fake) girlfriend thought...