PDA

View Full Version : Rift Puzzle

Khaitiff
10-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know the puzzle to getting past the door on the way to the Rift? Would prefer knowing how to do it without using a script if at all possible.

Betheny
10-11-2003, 03:49 PM
I think you have to channel 100 mana to the crown or something.

theotherjohn
10-11-2003, 03:53 PM
To get there you enter the drakes shrine, head north, jump into a pool, swim down, search the floor, swim through a crack, then keep swimming east until you emerge from the tunnels. Swim up, go bank. This is the safe area. To enter the rift itself head northeast and then south. Kneel down, kiss the sphere, then enter it. Head east to get to plane 1. 35 steps and then rest, the 36th step will take you into the plane.

Then just hunt. The door takes you to the mirror, the mirror takes you to the door. stairs lead up a plane, thread leads down a plane. the maw leads out

Khaitiff
10-11-2003, 06:47 PM
How about the puzzle to get past the Door into the Drake's shrine.

Kriztian
01-03-2004, 05:20 AM
[quote]Originally posted by theotherjohn
To get there you enter the drakes shrine, head north, jump into a pool, swim down, search the floor, swim through a crack, then keep swimming east until you emerge from the tunnels. Swim up, go bank. This is the safe area. To enter the rift itself head northeast and then south. Kneel down, kiss the sphere, then enter it. Head east to get to plane 1. 35 steps and then rest, the 36th step will take you into the plane.

Several parts of this answer are spot on, but after checking, several are not. Heading northeast and south, at the area you stated, will bring you out on Plane 3 (I believe), not Plane 1 (if you intended to arrive there, obviously there is no mistake). Also, unless it has changed, kissing the sphere will get you killed. It's also 33 steps...kneel and rest...the 34th will take you to where you need to go.

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 05:24 AM
1. This thread was dead a long time ago.
2. You still haven't answered his question.

AkMan
01-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
the maw leads out

Hrm. It's been a long time. But doesn't the maw either take you right to plane 5 or mangle your body? heh.

Ansherak
01-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

Then just hunt. The door takes you to the mirror, the mirror takes you to the door. stairs lead up a plane, thread leads down a plane. the maw leads out

heh, yea, uhhh, no, lol....

Definately go maw Khaitiff you'll have a blast on plane five!

D-

Jonty
01-03-2004, 02:49 PM
So yeah, how to squares get past the door now. I quit, I'm too lazy to figure it out myself when I come back, and I think I'll be staying in Ta'illistim then as well.

Thanks

- Me

Syberus
01-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Ok.. I've seen some really really weird shit posted on this thread so I'll give you what I do.. (and it's always worked).

To get past the door into the rift.. you have to look at the TINES and see how they're aligned, you PUSH the tines until the FAITH is aligned withe FLAWLESS SILVER STONE. Then you cast about 100 mana worth of spells at the crown ( I just cast 140 three times) The crown will have a steady brilliance to it when it's ready. Touch the crown and say Aenatumgana.

This will open the door and allow you into the shrine. As Jonty said squares can now get in by aligned the tines as previously stated and just touching the crown and saying the word, this will I believe drain all your mana and stamina.. but will let you in.

Once you're in the pool, swim down, search wall, swim crack and then keep swimming NE or you can alternate NE and NW back and forth to go to the part where you then swim UP, and then GO BANK. I haven't noticed if any particular swimming way is fastest as far as the ne only or alternating routes.

Once you enter the sphere... North takes you to 1, west takes you to 2 and east takes you to 3, I think south may also take you to 1. To get to 4 you have to climb the thread from three. Note however that there's no door or mirror on 4 (exits) so to get off 4 you have to climb the thread to 5 to get off, thus making 4 rarely hunted and useless.

There are 2 wandering voids on every plane, they can be moved with dispell, but not gotten rid of. They move around at will, and can be quite an annoyance. There is a mirror and a door on every plane (with the exception of 4) that both serve as exits to go back to the cavern of ages (resting room). However if you're dragging a dead body you have to take them through the door.

To get to 5 you have to go North to 1, and then into the maw. You could also climb the thread from 3 to 4 and then 4 to 5... but the maw is faster.

Post any unanswered questions and i'll do my best..

Editted to add that there's no voids or mirror and door on 5 either.. You have to climb the thread back to 1 from 5 to get out. I don't have any idea why I would forget that. (Of course I don't even remember making this post but hey)

[Edited on 10-6-2004 by Syberus]

Keller
10-06-2004, 04:32 AM
From the cavern of ages I went into the sphere .. what is the secret to get inside now?

Meos
10-06-2004, 11:26 AM
don't stop running north if you want to get to plane 1.

Axhinde
10-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Keller
From the cavern of ages I went into the sphere .. what is the secret to get inside now?

Read Syberus' post right above yours. It is accurate.

AestheticDeath
09-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Anyone know WHY you have to move 30+ times to get through the sphere? Seems like a lot of wasted keystrokes.

Also, anyone know if there is a timer on the voids for when they activate? Or if its all random.. I never had the guts to try and figure it out.

AestheticDeath
09-07-2006, 02:40 AM
>
An oddly shaped shadow passes over your left shoulder...

Anyone ever seen this in the sphere? First time for me...

herektir
09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
The voids pulse every 30 or so seconds giving enough time that if your hit with a minor wound, you can take 2 or 3 swings in safety before you should really think about moving away if you dont manage to kill your target.