PDA

View Full Version : Friggin` Frack! Psinet Down AGAIN!

FinisWolf
11-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Nuff' said.

Finis

Jayvn
11-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Quick someone call brian and tell him to fix it, us night people need psi too.

Sean of the Thread
11-30-2005, 01:19 AM
who the fuk says "friggin frack"?

FinisWolf
11-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Evidently I do, you too friggin retarded to figure that out? :lol:

:spaz:

Finis

Sean of the Thread
11-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by FinisWolf
Evidently I do, you too friggin retarded to figure that out? :lol:

:spaz:

Finis

Bitch don't fuk with someone who has Chuck Norris as an avatar... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

FinisWolf
11-30-2005, 03:58 AM
:eek:

:lol:

Wasn't me, honest!

:whistle:

Finis

Meges
11-30-2005, 10:02 PM
[=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=]
PsiNet Announcement

The author of PsiNet is incredibly, horrifically broke. I face eviction in the next couple weeks unless I can raise something like 500 dollars somewhat immediately.

Many of you know that I accept donations for PsiNet, but despite my loathing of these kinds of messages, I am forced to ask for your help. I'm in serious trouble.

If you can help, please visit the website at http://psinet.dynalias.net. There's a link at the very top to Donate. Anything- and I mean ANYTHING- will help. I'm in dire straits. Include your character name with your donation and I'll assign you a custom PSINET TITLE. Don't, and not only will the PsiNet server be out of a home- I will be too.

Thank you for your continued support.

[=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=]

Bobmuhthol
11-30-2005, 10:09 PM
I'd totally help him if I wasn't PERMANENTLY BANNED.

Farewell, PsiNet.

crazymage
11-30-2005, 10:46 PM
you tell em bob

FinisWolf
11-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Bummer.

Finis

Jolena
11-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Regardless of being banned from PsiNet, I was under the impression that you and Jamus had a fairly friendly relationship still Alex. Wouldn't that still be a reason to help him?

Skirmisher
12-01-2005, 01:24 AM
That is amazing.

FinisWolf
12-01-2005, 01:28 AM
What is amazing Skirm? Alex? Or Jamus? Or Jolena's Hooho. :lol:

Finis

FinisWolf
12-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Well, Belle and I just went through our finances, we won't be able to help. Sorry all, Jamus.

Finis

Jolena
12-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by FinisWolf
What is amazing Skirm? Alex? Or Jamus? Or Jolena's Hooho. :lol:

Finis

It's hooha! And we weren't talking about that here! Wrong thread!

:grr:

FinisWolf
12-01-2005, 01:37 AM
:lolwave:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol:

Finis

Showal
12-01-2005, 01:41 AM
I, being incredibly broke, am planning on donating 10 dollars to Jamus. I'm going to be away all weekend so I won't be spending (much) money. I don't think 10 bucks will really break the coffers.

Showal
12-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Payment Information
You have sent a secure payment of $10.00 USD for the listed items. An email receipt for this transaction has been sent.

Item Title: Brian Arsuaga, author of PsiNet gaming utility
Amount: $10.00 USD
Shipping & Handling: $0.00 USD
Quantity: 1
Total Amount: $10.00 USD

Contact Information

Business Name: Brian Arsuaga
Contact Email: psinet@psinet.cjb.net

FinisWolf
12-01-2005, 01:49 AM
That's awesome Showal!

Finis

Showal
12-01-2005, 01:50 AM
I imagine even a few bucks will help. A few bucks spread over, what is it, 200 users? Well, that'd be enough to help him out and it wouldn't set us back too far. I don't think he expects upwards of 100 bucks.

FinisWolf
12-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Showal
I, being incredibly broke, am planning on donating 10 dollars to Jamus. I'm going to be away all weekend so I won't be spending (much) money. I don't think 10 bucks will really break the coffers.

We have 4 kids to think of that come before our gaming. There is Christmas, and 2 birthdays to think of as well, its just a very busy month for us.

I/We really do wish we could help.

Finis

Showal
12-01-2005, 01:53 AM
In truth, I'll probably regret this when I come to realize I have a trip to Vegas, my girlfriend's Xmas and birthday and anniversary gift to pay for all real soon.

FinisWolf
12-01-2005, 02:44 AM
Yea, its just a sucky time of year to seek donations. Most folks already gave to their donations for the silly season as well. I do wish him the best of luck though.

Finis

Bobmuhthol
12-01-2005, 05:45 AM
<<Regardless of being banned from PsiNet, I was under the impression that you and Jamus had a fairly friendly relationship still Alex. Wouldn't that still be a reason to help him?>>

Maybe for you, but I don't exactly hand out money to people. It's bad practice.

Skirmisher
12-01-2005, 06:18 AM
Nor I.

And I found the request for donations to be odd in general.

Gigantuous
12-01-2005, 08:15 AM
I've already sent him 70 bucks. I'm not sending anymore.

Also...LichNet works just fine. :whistle:

Best of luck to him, though.

HarmNone
12-01-2005, 08:37 AM
My question would be: What's going to happen next month?

Something is very wrong if one finds oneself on the edge of eviction with only two weeks or so to find an answer to the problem. Rent, utilities and the like come up monthly. If the underlying problem isn't solved, next month looms to be just like this month, and the money that solves this month's problem will be needed again next month, and the month after that...ad nauseum. Throwing money at a problem like this, on a one-time basis, rarely solves it.

Just before the holidays is, indeed, a rough time to be seeking assistance. Most people have their excess committed, and have their own obligations to meet. I don't think it's so much that people don't care, as that they have their own families and well-being to consider.

Renian
12-01-2005, 03:39 PM
f the underlying problem isn't solved, next month looms to be just like this month, and the money that solves this month's problem will be needed again next month, and the month after that...ad nauseum. Throwing money at a problem like this, on a one-time basis, rarely solves it.

The problem was Jamus used his debit card when there wasn't any money in the account, and the company that owns the card charged him for each time he overcharged it.

He used it a lot.

Since he probably learned his lesson, I don't think it will happen again. He has a job and all, doesn't he?

Jolena
12-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Odd, most debit cards won't charge at all if there's no money in the account. So even if he had X amount, went over that limit buying something and then tried to buy another thing, it would typically decline as no funds. :shrug:

HarmNone
12-01-2005, 03:42 PM
That's how I understand debit cards, as well, Jolena.

DeV
12-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Some banks will allow you to overdraw funds up to a pre-set amount, and sometimes based on the amount you can spend a couple hundred, with an overdraft fee attached to each charge of course.

HarmNone
12-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Ish. I guess, for some people, that could be useful. However, I'd rather see debit cards kept to the funds at hand.

I still see this as a case of someone who overspent until they were two weeks from eviction. That, to me, shows some pretty serious irresponsibility issues. I'm not sure that donations are going to solve that particular problem. It might pull Jamus out of a momentary hole, but...well, the same hole still looms for next month, and the following months. He's obviously got more debt than his income can handle.

Skirmisher
12-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by DeV
Some banks will allow you to overdraw funds up to a pre-set amount, and sometimes based on the amount you can spend a couple hundred, with an overdraft fee attached to each charge of course.

Yes, and if the debit is ok'd and then a check comes in that same day or even better if a deposit made is returned are some of the most common ways that overdrafts with a debit card can occur and sometimes debit card systems will not even check if the purchase is under a certain amount which can also lead to 3, 4, 5 or even many more overdraft charges which can be quite hefty.

I agree it should not happen but it certainly can and does.

I had loads of fun explaining that one to many customers over the years.

That being said, one does not typically go to eviction standby status by missing or being late on one rent payment.

Jolena
12-01-2005, 04:27 PM
That being said, one does not typically go to eviction standby status by missing or being late on one rent payment.

:yeahthat:

DeV
12-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Evictions can take up to 3 months to finalize and this happening after the first and sometimes second payments are not made. My mom had to evict one of her tenants when she took over ownership of a townhome and it was not a pleasant experience for either party.

FinisWolf
12-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
Odd, most debit cards won't charge at all if there's no money in the account. So even if he had X amount, went over that limit buying something and then tried to buy another thing, it would typically decline as no funds. :shrug:

Some debit cards will give you a $300.00 dollar extra limit. Its a trap if you ask me. My debit card does it. the company does in fact pay whatever I charged, but then IF I did do so I would get the crappy bank fees. So if it was alot of small purchases ...

Can you say "OUCH!"

Finis

FinisWolf
12-02-2005, 12:09 AM
[=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=]

PsiNet Announcement

Thanks to the unbelievably generous response by PsiNet users, I am no longer in danger of losing my apartment. The stunning outpouring of love and support from all of you was beyond touching, it was heart-wrenching.

I was in serious danger of losing everything, and in two days, the PsiNet community saved me. Bailed me out. Embraced me.

I cannot adequately express my gratitude to you all. I was surprised, awed, and humbled by your unwavering support and well wishes. You've made an irrevocable impact on my life- not just on my bankbook.

Thank you again for your support, your love, and your unending enthusiasm.

Brian Arsuaga

[=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=]

Drew2
12-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Bump.

Psinet is down again.

Get Lich. (http://home.houston.rr.com/drewzstuff)

Alfster
12-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Hilarious.

THANKS FOR PAYING MY BILLS

--> 2 weeks later, "shit, bills due again..."

Drew2
12-11-2005, 03:59 PM
It's not down because of the same reason, necessarily. His computer may have gotten turned off somehow or something and he hasn't noticed yet.

Faent
12-12-2005, 10:47 PM
The same thing happened to me. I used a check to transfer money between my bank accounts, and due to an error on the part of the bank I was transferring funds from in accurately reporting my available balance, the check bounced. Having done this dozens of times, and having checked with my bank before each transfer, I didn't wait to see if the funds had transferred before making eleven small purchases with my debit card (meals on campus, etc...). I had the money to cover all these purchases... just not in the bank account my debit card was linked to. I hit $400 in overdraft charges and other bullshit fees. I estimate I was charged interest on the order of 7000% per annum.