PDA

View Full Version : 2hander/battlemage - critical gear?

nocturnix
11-29-2005, 12:07 PM
I have a good amount of silvers saved up, about 8mil right now.

Looking for some suggestions on key gear that would really help at lower levels.

Right now I have

1. some 4x (doubles i think)...
2. a 4x blessable 2 handed sword.
3. a plain old claidehmore

I'm thinking either some 4x critt padded doubles (these would be hard to find i'm guessing and quite expensive) Maybe, siren lizard scaled leathers?(although these are only fulls I believe)

Or would 5-6x or greater doubles be a better purchase for lower levels(currently train 11)

Also thinking about looking for a 5x or greater 2hander, but these are also really tough to find.

Any suggestions? Critt padding vs. higher enchant?

AnticorRifling
11-29-2005, 12:22 PM
I think I have a 5x 2h axe in my locker you can have. Let me look. And I probably have some 5x-6x double leathers in there as well. If anything I'd spend the money on a 1x claid that can hit magical critters.

Janarth
11-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by nocturnix
I'm thinking either some 4x critt padded doubles (these would be hard to find i'm guessing and quite expensive) Maybe, siren lizard scaled leathers?(although these are only fulls I believe)

Or would 5-6x or greater doubles be a better purchase for lower levels(currently train 11)

Also thinking about looking for a 5x or greater 2hander, but these are also really tough to find.

Any suggestions? Critt padding vs. higher enchant?

Crit padding is more effective than enchant. Especially if you're a pure and a race with a lot of hps. I'd trade 4x heavy crit padding over 6x any day of the week. That said, you can't even wear 6x for another 4 trains. Siren scale is reinforced, btw, not full or doubles.

StrayRogue
11-29-2005, 01:08 PM
It depends, on the whole crit padding vs enchant front. For a noneswinging pure I'd want as much DS as possible simply so I'm not hit. If I'm getting hit in leathers or even scale, I'm going to get hurt, regardless of them being incredibly crit padded. Remember, baseline hauberk is better than incredible brig. As a swinging wizard though I wouldn't know what to recommend.

nocturnix
11-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Some good ideas so far...

Questions...

1. What do 1x magical hitting claidhemores go for these days?

2. Heres an idea that might really help as a sword swinging wizard - Has anyone tried wearing haubrek? I know the hindrance will be nasty, but as I get older I'm thinking it wont make as much of a difference (the reason being, as of now I pretty much only cast haste and thats it...thats 9 mana per cast and I only need about 3 to 5 casts to fry)...when my mana pool grows I will be able to cast it plenty of times, and so what if the spell fails a few times. Seems like a good tradeoff to wear far better armor than doubles? Has anyone tried this yet? I could have a set of casting leathers too for when I'm hunting more on the spell heavy side. I like this idea it COULD work?!

[Edited on 11-29-2005 by nocturnix]

StrayRogue
11-29-2005, 04:36 PM
You will need to train off the RT and the maneuver penalty. That is alot of points you could be better spending on CM, weapon ranks etc etc.