PDA

View Full Version : Two Handed Warrior

Khaitiff
10-11-2003, 09:59 AM
As a Two Hander do I need to train in Edged as well or just Two Handed weapons to be effective. Thanks for any insight oh and is my DS always going to be low being a Two Hander?

Parkbandit
10-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Two handed.. and yes your ds is going to be lower by being a 2 hander because you lose the defense the shield grants you.

theotherjohn
10-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Khaitiff
As a Two Hander do I need to train in Edged as well or just Two Handed weapons to be effective. Thanks for any insight oh and is my DS always going to be low being a Two Hander?

Considering what makes up Dux in GSIV I think you will be fine with 2hd and use the extra TPs for PT.

DS will always be low

StrayRogue
10-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Two Handed Weapons is what the AS is calculated with. You would need Edged weapon as well to use a Bastard Sword to its maximum potential (as a one handed edge and two handed edge respectively). Dodge is going to be a good skill to get, to make up for shield, though TOJ is right; PT is the only Primary Redux skill anymore.

Skirmisher
10-11-2003, 11:02 AM
And beware bolt tossing opponents.

Trinitis
10-12-2003, 02:02 AM
I say run with it dude. I have a two hander..and he is a blast. Nothing like comming back from a hunt, bleeding from 5 different places, missing most of your HP, staggering around..yet fried. bwa haha!

-Adredrin

Wezas
10-12-2003, 02:07 AM
I love my two-handed warrior. In GS3 he swings his new (nice descript) claid in 6 sec, and his mattock in 5 sec in hauberk at 22. He'd a dwarf, so he can't aim for the head, but he's not much of an ambusher.

Defenses do tend to suck at times. Do alot of stance dancing. You don't always need to go for the crushing blows. If I come upon a swarm of Ghoul Masters, I'm going to be in advanced, so I'd only take tiny hits.

As for GS4, I haven't noticed much change in AS/DS. He'll be gaining 3 levels (one from exp, and the two given by Simu). He'll be swinging his claid in 5 sec (roar), and doubling in dodging. Redux will be interesting in GS4. If they don't change it, he'd have almost 30% at 25. Lets pray it isn't too much of a change.

Kurili
10-12-2003, 06:03 AM
I love my two-hander as well. If yours brawls too, (mine does) then one handed edged will help with that, at least if you'll be using some brawling weapons. And the bastard sword of course.

As someone said, stance dancing. Get some dancing boots. :-)

If mine gets the first hit on something, it usually drops like a stone, at least stunned decently. Bad timing, and she can get hurt bad too, but enough health to survive usually.

Acolyte Kurili

StrayRogue
10-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
As for GS4, I haven't noticed much change in AS/DS. He'll be gaining 3 levels (one from exp, and the two given by Simu). He'll be swinging his claid in 5 sec (roar), and doubling in dodging. Redux will be interesting in GS4. If they don't change it, he'd have almost 30% at 25. Lets pray it isn't too much of a change.

I don't think your RT will be 5 IF you ever ambush. The minimum RT for a falchion using ambush is now 6 seconds.

As for redux, PT is now the primary skill. If your double or even triple in this, you should be OK redux wise.

Zanagodly
10-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Why triple so you can hit the redux cap a little earlier than he/she who doubles? Tripling in PT is a waste imo.

theotherjohn
10-12-2003, 09:20 AM
I triple in some skills because I do not want to have to wait 5 years to be maxed in a skill

Zanagodly
10-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Thats a waste in my opinion, but I tend to look more longterm.

Edaarin
10-12-2003, 05:36 PM
You're not losing out on all that much DS when you don't use a shield and are around 2x'ed in dodging.