PDA

View Full Version : Ummm.....

Chaddy
11-27-2005, 10:39 AM
I realize of course that I'm not the most respected of the group and all but....I could use a bit of help. I'm thinking about starting up in WoW so I've been checking a few sites out and what not and it looks like it's pretty difficult to get started/ established. Any truth to that? How difficult is it to level, get items, and I guess it's gold etc. Wtf are epic items?

Apotheosis
11-27-2005, 10:41 AM
try looking at www.thottbot.com

Chaddy
11-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Very nice thanks for the quick reply captain.

Chaddy
11-27-2005, 10:44 AM
One last thing....what realm do I want?

Hips
11-27-2005, 10:47 AM
It took me a little while to get used to the controls when I first started, but after that it was pretty easy.

As for leveling, it all depends on what class you are. It's generally easy to get to about level 10 or so, but past that certain classes/specs may have difficulty. As a holy priestess, it was hard for me to solo (but it was possible... just hard, and took a long time) so I ended up as part of a duo with a warrior... and we helped each other from level 30 or so to cap.

Finding items and gold is pretty easy, in my opinion. Just make sure that you find the auction house and take advantage of it. :lol: If you're not sure how much you should sell an item for, search for items similar to it and then put your item up for a similar price. I used to put stuff up for a slightly lower price than whatever the previous lowest one was... that way your stuff will definitely sell.

As for epic items... the item scale goes from grey (vendor trash) to white (common) to green (uncommon) to blue (rare) to purple (epic). After that comes red, I think, but I've never found one. :shrug: When I left the game my gear was made up of entirely rare items and a few epic ones, but I didn't do the end-game instances very often... if I had, I most likely would have had more epic items.

Hips
11-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Chaddy

Most of the people from here play on Argent Dawn (Alliance) and Dunemaul (Horde).

Asha
11-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko

Most of the people from here play on Argent Dawn (Alliance) and Dunemaul (Horde).

So any except those.

Chaddy
11-27-2005, 11:15 AM
LMAO. I'm not looking to come in game wherever you all play and make problems so...that won't be an issue. I was just merely looking for a place to find info on the game. I was reading about
"Epic" items and the like. I don't buy characters, gold, or items in any game so that's not my question. I just would like to know getting started now if I'd be able to get anything worthwhile still.

Nieninque
11-27-2005, 11:29 AM
LMAO. I'm not looking to come in game wherever you all play and make problems so...that won't be an issue. I was just merely looking for a place to find info on the game. I was reading about

You cant really make problems in the way you do in GS, so dont worry about that.

It makes the game more fun if you know some of the people you are playing with/against especially in early days, so either try and convince a friend to join with you or go somewhere you have friends.

"Epic" items and the like. I don't buy characters, gold, or items in any game so that's not my question. I just would like to know getting started now if I'd be able to get anything worthwhile still.

The WoW officials are good for information. Alternatively, just google for the information you want and there are a bunch of helpful sites that pop up. Best way of learning the game is to give it a try.

Just stay away from Dunemaul horde you oily piece of shit.

Chaddy
11-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque

You cant really make problems in the way you do in GS, so dont worry about that.

It makes the game more fun if you know some of the people you are playing with/against especially in early days, so either try and convince a friend to join with you or go somewhere you have friends.

The WoW officials are good for information. Alternatively, just google for the information you want and there are a bunch of helpful sites that pop up. Best way of learning the game is to give it a try.

Just stay away from Dunemaul horde you oily piece of shit.

I have a fantastic idea. Get off my cock. I don't want to fuck you so quit jocking me. Honestly if I hated someone that much I wouldn't go out of my way to find all of their fucking posts just to reply to them. I'd avoid them like the plague or naked fat women. Now then don't you have some phone calls to take?

Parkbandit
11-27-2005, 11:59 AM

Ardent Dawn for roleplay carebear.

Any PvP server other than Dunemaul (it's full) for real gaming.

Nieninque
11-27-2005, 12:45 PM
I have a fantastic idea. Get off my cock. I don't want to fuck you so quit jocking me. Honestly if I hated someone that much I wouldn't go out of my way to find all of their fucking posts just to reply to them. I'd avoid them like the plague or naked fat women. Now then don't you have some phone calls to take?

And that's the thanks I get for being helpful.

Seriously...reroll not-retarded.