PDA

View Full Version : I am oh-so proud of myself.

SpunGirl
11-24-2005, 07:11 PM
It's slow today. So I completed a major task I've been meaning to do for awhile.

I went ahead and re-entered all of Naessi's wardrobe items into a spreadsheet (my old one was way outdated) including which season the item was meant for, so that way I could stick all the seaons in different lockers and rotate them around as necessary.

Grand totals are as follows: 26 bodice/corsets, 31 skirts, 11 gowns, 13 cloak-items (jackets, longcoats etc), 9 sets of robes, 8 satchel/shoulder bags, 13 pairs of shoes, 16 headwear accessories, 58 jewelry/misc accessory items.

That said, some of it will be sold... so watch the merchant's folder for details. Yay!

-K

Asha
11-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Just thinking about that makes my head almost explode.
Good job and I'll be waiting for the sale!

Kitsun
11-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Keeping updated spreadsheet of GS inventories is just one of those signs you've been playing too long!

That being said, I do it too. It is handy when you want to quick find some items.

Latrinsorm
11-24-2005, 07:43 PM
I used to think I had a pretty good handle on this clothing stuff.

Then I realize how truly, truly outclassed I am.

:worship:

Jolena
11-24-2005, 08:12 PM
I am in the process of redoing my spreadsheet as well. Rather than the outfits for seasons in each locker I decided to just lump all skirts in one locker, all gowns in another, and so forth. I'll post my totals soon.

Edited to add in, I did the seasonal outfits for about a year or so and I just decided to try something different. I've also almost completely rid Jolena's personal lockers of all the extra clothing so that she has room in there to store weapons and things. Right now she has a total of two clothing sets in her locker, that includes containers, shoes, jewelry and the likes that go with each outfit. The rest is magical things she uses and weapons etc. It's working out rather well.

[Edited on 11-25-2005 by Jolena]

SpunGirl
11-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Hm, Jolena... that sounds like a good way to do it. I'll have to peruse my lists some more and consider... part of the problem is that I wear some accessories with multiple outfits. I know the solution is simply to have MORE alterations done to exacting specifications, but I've been unsuccessful so far in my plan to kidnap Tolli/Andraste/Tilmont and lock them to my computer, forcing them to alter for me all day long.....

The one bonus I have is that I don't use weapons.

-K

Jolena
11-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Well here's what I did. Because I had the same issue with accessories that go with multiple outfits, I stopped lockering the outfits together. I just put all my skirts in one locker, all my gowns in another, all my pants in a locker, all my gloves and stockings and purses in one locker, all my neckworn jewelry and cases of wine in one locker, all my rings and wristworn and headworn jewelry in one locker, etcetera.

Then I recorded on a note pad file what character has the items. So like (so and so) has skirts, (so and so) has pants, etc. That way, when I want to get something, I know what character has those types of items and I just log them in, look at their manifest and choose. It really cleared up a LOT of room for Jolena and has all but eliminated my confusion on where that pesky necklace or something is that can go with like four outfits.

Jolena
11-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Oh I also took like one case of wine and one bottle of perfume and put it in Jolena's lockers in Icemule and Landing, so that I'm never without those things since I run out and refill them so often. Same thing with magical items. I stored extra pure potions and statues etcetera in each town locker along with a miscellaneous blessable and regular weapon in each one so that I don't have to go searching. Then I took some of the sentimental junk that I have been carrying with me and stashed it in Jolena's personal lockers so it lightened her up as well.

Viridian
11-24-2005, 09:27 PM
I am not so organized...

I should really take the time to do something like this seeing as I go through my locker characters trying like crazy to find something I've bought.

Fallen
11-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Wow. It just goes to show how focused people can be on completely different areas of the game. I keet strict track of which spells I have in my infusion list, approx how many charges remaining, which I will need to replace, ect. I have never tracked what manner of clothing I wear.

DCSL
11-24-2005, 10:55 PM
In her main locker, in Landing, Lysistrata has almost nothing but container clothing (like longcoats, cloaks, jackets). That way, when she wants to change (which is every single day that I play her.. not seasonal, not weekly) I can just have her pass the container to each of her servants and they can put in pieces of her outfit until it's complete.

I have it organized like Jolena, with skirts and pants on one locker character, bodices and shirts on another, and so on. This is probably easier because I have two accounts, although I share the second one with another person.

Keeping a spreadsheet is good, yes. It makes one feel so much more organized. I've got spreadsheets for Lysistrata's wardrobe, a record of all the alterations I've ever gotten, and an old one I haven't updated that chronicled Nalfein hair color.

Brattt8525
11-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Hell I hunt and pick boxes I am in awe of the organization of these ladies.

Shari
11-25-2005, 12:44 AM
I...am so not organized. Everything is lumped together between my Landing and Solhaven lockers.

Hence the reason for my massive sale. I have a few key pieces that I'm keeping from my collection, but I've since started designing alters by "outfit", categorized by color instead of doing just individual pieces that I come up with on a whim.

Hopefully I'll have my "natural" colored outfit done within the month, and will start on my "white" outfit next. :D

Jolena
11-25-2005, 01:01 AM
I seriously just got tired of the 'searching frantically through locker characters for a specific piece' time after time after time. And that's why I started doing this. I am still currently looking for an entire outfit I had made on the WD that I can't find anymore PLUS a gown and shoes and stuff that I loaned to a friend for a ball, got back on a locker character and now have lost. But I will find it eventually. Once I'm done with this reorganizing I'm sure.

Also, I am a firm supporter of designing entire outfits rather than a piece at a time. I used to do that piece at a time thing and then I got to the point where I had a few pieces of each outfit and nothing else to match it so I started working on one outfit only until it was all done and then starting on something else.

And yes, I'm extremely organized on my clothing now. It's what is important to me in the game for Jolena on a certain scale. Although..I should change her clothing more often than twice a week or so. I just got too lazy I guess. Hopefull now that I have it like Dex described, I can not have to hastle so much with finding something for her and can move to daily changes of clothing instead.

Shari
11-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Jolena I used to do that piece at a time thing and then I got to the point where I had a few pieces of each outfit and nothing else to match it...

EXACTLY. Now I'm designing outfits by COLOR. That way I have one complete set that I can vote to mix or match as time goes on.

Jolena
11-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Okay totalled it up but there is a few more pieces that I haven't added to the locker system yet. Here it goes. Dont be too shocked hehe. I collect a lot it seems.

32 gowns/dresses

15 pairs of stockings

12 purses

32 cloak-like containers

20 containers that are sacks/cases/rucksacks/etc.

35 neckworn jewelry (including different amulets that are altered)

8 cases of wine (all different)

10 flasks (all different, some hold wine, others hold LK)

5 different parasols/umbrellas

31 bodices/blouses/shirts

6 different fans

10 different gloves

22 skirts

2 towels

2 bathing suits

2 hip-scarfs for the suits

26 shoes

11 rings

10 pairs of pants

18 bracelets/wristworn jewelry

25 different flowers for the hair

8 different scarves with different actions

14 headworn jewelry items

10 pairs of earrings

10 different face conceal masks of different styles

10 armband type jewelry items

10 ankle worn jewelry items

Caiylania
11-25-2005, 02:35 AM
Dude, Caiy has two outfits. One she wears all the time, maybe I will see a shirt I like better and buy it but eh... and a dress type thing that she wears if she must, must, must, attend something that she shouldn't smell at!

DCSL
11-25-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't collect as much as Jolena does, 'cause Lysistrata more than occasionally sells stuff off. And this is only what Lysistrata wears, not my other 29 characters.

27 head-worn pieces of jewelry.

6 sets of earrings.

23 neck-worn pieces of jewelry.

20 wrist/arm-worn pieces of jewelry.

23 rings.

5 belts or hip-scarves.

4 ankle-worn pieces of jewelry.

8 pin-worn pieces of jewelry.

19 misc. accessories (censer, fans, et cetera).

46 gowns.

22 cloaks/jackets/longcoats/stoles.

16 bodices/corsets.

6 shirts/tunics.

4 pairs of sleeves. (Not Mavikia's, just seperate.)

4 pairs of gloves.

16 pants.

10 skirts/underskirts/overskirts.

18 pairs of shoes.

Aaysia
11-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Caiylania
Dude, Caiy has two outfits. One she wears all the time, maybe I will see a shirt I like better and buy it but eh... and a dress type thing that she wears if she must, must, must, attend something that she shouldn't smell at!

I used to be like this...

Then people like Gothique and Jolena came along... :no:

Shari
11-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Wow. I look like an amature to you guys. At this point I probably have a 1/3 of the collection that Dextra has.

I'm trying to downsize and basically revamp Jesae's entire "style" so its going to be even smaller.

DeV
11-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
Wow.Yeah, that.

Ylena
11-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Heh, I haven't played for a year and I could still put you guys to shame. :)

I never did a spreadsheet, though. Instead, I tried to keep like items on certain characters, and my favorite outfits in sacks on other certain characters. At the height of my insanity, I had 6 characters that were entirely shoes (plus other shoes that were with outfits). Of course, this often led to the "Where the fuck did THAT go!!!" syndrome in the days before you could use inventory to see what was in bags in other bags...

I was fairly good about doing inventory once a month by logging everybody in, looking in every container, then cut/paste to a Word document by character. It made it a lot easier to find something I wanted by just searching the document. At one point I had something like 6,000 shoes/gowns/clothing/jewelry things -- way too much to try to database or spreadsheet. Actually, I think that's one of the reasons I ended up leaving. I got really tired of trying to keep up with all of it.

I really should reactivate and start getting rid of some of it. Sometimes I feel guilty about the cool stuff sitting in my lockers.

SpunGirl
11-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Um, yes, please do. Seriously. I'm sure we'd fall on you like a pack of rabid fashionistas, and then your wardrobe legacy would be spread across the lands! Just think!

I'm always up to see what people have been hoarding.

-K:thumbsup:

4a6c1
11-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Fallen
Wow. It just goes to show how focused people can be on completely different areas of the game. I keet strict track of which spells I have in my infusion list, approx how many charges remaining, which I will need to replace, ect. I have never tracked what manner of clothing I wear.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this.

My Gemstone spreadsheet outlines the religions of each character, religious history, predisposed emotional traits, fanatical dispositions, societal dispositions, ideaology, consistant reactions as a result to belief. That sorta thing.

That said....I definately need to kidnap Spungirl and have her inventory all of the crap i bought on Wavedancer. :yes:

[Edited on 11-29-2005 by JihnasSpirit]

Aaysia
11-29-2005, 11:41 AM
This thread inspired me to try to get my crap organized

I've done the inventory of three charaters and I want to cry. Sooooo much stuuuuff.... :no:

And half the stuff I KNOW I won't use but i wanna keep them anyway

SpunGirl
11-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit
My Gemstone spreadsheet outlines the religions of each character, religious history, predisposed emotional traits, fanatical dispositions, societal dispositions, ideaology, consistant reactions as a result to belief. That sorta thing.

This is a good idea, actually. After playing Naessi for almost five years, her tendencies and pathological habits fit like a second skin when I log her on. Scary, right?

-K

Amaron
11-29-2005, 04:38 PM
I have a character that had over 500 items on it... I handed off a backpack and couldnt take it back....

But then again thats the character that has over 200 unique bracelet charms...

yes I am the bracelet charm freak.. The old style ones can hold over 100 of them...

Ill have to get my speadsheets together as well I have a ton of stuff I am sure I dont remember I have.

J

Nilandia
11-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Pfffft. Amateurs.

I keep my own spreadsheet, and I am scared to count all I have. I've overloaded two characters with a backpack, cloak, two shoulder satchels and three sacks each. For clothes. I've loaded down another with scrolls and another with a few hundred roses I foraged at the last H4H. I've stuffed two premium accounts full of junk I don't think I'll ever use.

I tend to organize by color, as you can probably tell.

I blame someone else who showed me her sheet for getting me into it. It was my recordkeeping for it that caused me to get into merchant listings.

Gretchen

[Edited because the spreadsheet looks too large to attach to the message!]

[Edited on 11/29/2005 by Nilandia]

4a6c1
11-29-2005, 05:45 PM
keeping secrets

:-X

petroglyph
11-30-2005, 12:10 AM
You inspired me to update my spreadsheet.

Dear God, do I own a lot of crap. Anyone need a pair of grey pants? I'm not sure I really need eight. . . .

Looks like I'm missing some stuff I thought I had, too, which is irritating.

Jolena
11-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, in total James and I have fourteen locker bodies between our accounts. To be fair, all the stuff I listed is just Jolena's personal stuff, that doesn't include items for my two other regular characters. Also about half of those locker bodies hold items for sale from different events, such as EG, WD, Dhu etc for our shops. So..there is a great deal more then what I listed, but I didn't list anything but her personal items. Also, I'm still selling some of her crap so I didn't include that stuff either.