PDA

View Full Version : In the name of Love

longshot
01-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I've seen a handful of threads started this week because of just rediculous things done in retaliation to someone insulting their loved one, whether they be a RL person, an in-game person, or a stuffed animal.

I think this sucks, so...

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done for someone that you've been with?

I'm hoping there are enough sensible people here who can recognize in hindsight, "What the hell was I thinking??":o

It can be ingame if it's really moronic, but I think real life would be better.

Betheny
01-02-2004, 04:44 PM
LONGSHOT

Peam beats me.

Rescue me. XOXO

longshot
01-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Maimara, you're crazy!!

I would rescue you, but Peam's an alright guy when he doesn't weild the crowbar. Just wait until he sobers up, it'll be all good.

And Bob, stop looking at the thread. You've never been in love. Not with anything living.

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 04:50 PM
:'(

Drew2
01-02-2004, 04:53 PM
I was but then she sang Me Against the Music.

Meos
01-02-2004, 04:54 PM
oh so true... so what the moral of the story longshot?

Drew2
01-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Dumbest thing I've ever done is not tell them I was in love with them and then lost them forever.

Betheny
01-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Dumbest thing I've ever done is not tell them I was in love with them and then lost them forever.

Not true, I dumped Tayre cause he didn't put out. I'm dating his mom now. Mmmm. drew's mom.

Meos
01-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Tayre, Michiko (sp?) still reads the boards, say what's on your mind

Drew2
01-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Haha, but I was serious. thanks.

Betheny
01-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Haha, but I was serious. thanks.

I <3 you. <3!!!!!!111oneone

Weedmage Princess
01-02-2004, 05:08 PM
I'd defend someone I loved, certainly. I don't think it's a bad thing to defend someone you love..but you should have your facts straight..and MOST IMPORTANTLY..if they're wrong? Keep your mouth shut and not say anything.

I've done lots of things for love...lots of crazy things..some stupid, some undeserved..and some that turned out to be the right thing...I think the most out there thing I did for [what I thought was] love was...move to London, get engaged and agree to stay out there forever--when I knew I wasn't sure I was making the right decision. Luckily I smartened up when I came back to NYC to get my fiance/marriage visa..hehe.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Weedmage Princess]

Solkern
01-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Bought a $1200 diamond necklace for a girl I loved to death and i wasn't even with her,b ut i wanted to be.

Meos
01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
holy shit dude.....

Drew2
01-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah, he's pathetic isn't he.

01-02-2004, 05:19 PM
SHUT UP. DON'T TALK ABOUT SOLKERN HE GETS ALL THE GOOD LOOKING GIRLS AND HIS FRIENDS WHO VISIT THESE FORUMS TO LOOK AT PICTURES SAY I"M UGLY, SO HES COOL.

Solkern
01-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Since I was waiting for someone to make a smart ass response, I waited to add thjis little piece of info,
the day I was suppose to give it to her, I relized what the fuck i was going to do, So i ended up not giving it to her, and gave it to my mom.

Meos
01-02-2004, 05:21 PM
um, I'll take the fat one for a dozen roses please sir....

*joking*

Meos
01-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Solkern
Since I was waiting for someone to make a smart ass response, I waited to add thjis little piece of info,
the day I was suppose to give it to her, I relized what the fuck i was going to do, So i ended up not giving it to her, and gave it to my mom.

we got set up!

01-02-2004, 05:24 PM
I TOLD YOU GUYS HE WAS COOLER THAN YOU

Solkern
01-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Rangerd1, your my idol, I wish i could be JUST like you, please tell me how you do it, everynight before i go to bed i wish I could be just like you. Mr i'm the shit online, mr I need to be cool when i'm online becuase i have no friends. damn bro you HAVE THE LIFE I WANT!
since i know rangerd1 is going to make a smart as response, i was being heavily sarcastic.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Solkern]

01-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Your envy is understandable.

Myrianna
01-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Solkern

When I have kids, I want them to be like you *ducks*

Shalla
01-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by longshot

The dumbest think I've done is falling inlove. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so a simple phrase like 'maybe we should just be friends' or 'I don't feel the same way anymore' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love. :flamed:

Hips
01-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla

Originally posted by longshot

The dumbest think I've done is falling inlove. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so a simple phrase like 'maybe we should just be friends' or 'I don't feel the same way anymore' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love. :flamed:

You just put exactly the right words to how I've been feeling since New Year's Eve.

Shalla
01-02-2004, 09:19 PM
I've been feeling that for 6 months now. :(

01-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Me too..

Well not really.

Weedmage Princess
01-02-2004, 09:46 PM
I know who Ranger is REALLY in love with.

Souzy
01-02-2004, 09:51 PM
I've done a lot and I mean a lot of stupid crap for love. Which one do we wanna know about me? Insane or just stupid? I attempted to have a three some once with my ex and some girl. Then, I was like no way in hell is she banging him and kicked her out of the house, LMAO.

Skirmisher
01-02-2004, 09:53 PM
And it was cold out too.

Snapp
01-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Three-ways destroy relationships. I can't say I've done anything specifically stupid for love except put up with a bunch of shit. But hey, live and learn, right?

Souzy
01-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
And it was cold out too.

I'm sorry Snapp, I just couldn't live with myself had we gone all the way. I still love you though <3333333333

Ravenstorm
01-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla
The dumbest think I've done is falling in love.

Page 4, section 22, subsection C, paragraph 3 states...

Especially when it's with your best friend. Who's straight. Oh for the 'good' old days of being young and stupid. :rolleyes:

Raven

01-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Lalana
I attempted to have a three some once with my ex and some girl.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::t humbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::t humbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Souzy
01-02-2004, 10:25 PM
You obviously didn't read the rest, testosterone. I kicked her out of the house!!!!!! I don't think I could've lived with the fact that I did that. We talked about it, then I was like, "FU!" So no! It didn't go to the bed room. But, I've had my share of bi-sexual moments. That was one on one though, no sharing. I don't share!

Shalla
01-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
Especially when it's with your best friend.

Been there.. done that.. several times. For some reason I can never make a purely platonic guy-bestfriend work. Someone if not both, is always having feelings for the other. I miss those times when I was young.. grade school.. My bestfriend michael and I were soo close.. we talk about everything.. and we're each other's safe zone. He would go to my house and act as if it's his house. open the fridge and eat our food.. and sleep in my bed as if it's his. My sisters liked him better than they liked me. I remember, after a night of partying.. I was so tired.. I just took my clothes off buck naked and slept under the covers.. and he sneaked in my room the next morning.. and snuggled.. and I was naked. I shrieked and freaked.. Not that he saw me naked before, besides when we were younger. I did walk in on him naked in our adult years though. Needless to say.. he had feelings for me and I never had feelings for him that is more than brotherly. I later found out that he did.. which caused a rift in our friendship. He's married with a child now.

Edit: He's the one who got me into fantasty games/books and comic books. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Lady Shalla]
*Edited to slap some recalcitrant italics around :D*

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by HarmNone]

Souzy
01-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Love always sucks when it's over. Sometimes love is a good thing, sometimes it's bad. I've only fallen in love once. We've been together too long to just let it all go. Yes, I was bitter and so wasn't he. But, we worked it out and realized we're so much better as friends. We know too much about each other to pretend like we don't exhist to each other. Spending six year's with someone will teach you a lot on how to live with another person. All in all, being in love taught me a alot. In what to do and what not to do with the next person. You live and learn, that's all I can say. It get's better as you go Shalla. Right now your probably in the mourning stage.

01-02-2004, 10:41 PM
At one point i loved my father. To make a long story short i broke his jaw 3 years ago.

Shalla
01-02-2004, 10:42 PM
My friends say I feel too much. Ahahaha!

Souzy
01-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Girls put wayyyyy too much emotions into everything. I hate girls, LOL. :D

Skirmisher
01-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1
At one point i loved my father. To make a long story short i broke his jaw 3 years ago.

Now, just to have things tidy on my wall size timeline, is this before or after Darcmoon snapped your neck?

01-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Definately before.

Betheny
01-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Love is waxing your pubes for someone.

Can we say OUCH?

Praefection
01-03-2004, 05:15 AM
I guess the worst thing I ever did for love was I shaved my head. It wasn't that long to begin with but I shaved it almost bald... I was pissed so maybe it was more for hate than anything else. I detest men at times.

Myshel
01-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Get Married

Tsa`ah
01-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Ouch!

I've known my wife since I was 12, so there isn't much I haven't done in the way of stupidity.

Stupid OMG I can't believe I did that.

Rushed in on her in class my 2nd year of college and read a mushy poem because I thought she was going on a date with another guy. The guy, named Chris, was her female dorm mate.

Stupid as in ... maybe I shouldn't have done that.

Chucked a guy through a glass door because he copped a feel on my then fiancée.