PDA

View Full Version : How is COL wait time figured?

AnticorRifling
10-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Sometimes you get seen right away, sometimes it seems like you have to wait forever. I used to think that the longer it took you to gather pelts and offerings the quicker you were seen for instruction...

Now I'm not so sure. Took probably six hours to get the pelts and offerings I needed ( I went and had dinner, etc but stayed logged in) and this is what I get:

The High Taskmaster looks at you, consults her notes, and then announces in a loud voice: " I'm rather busy right now. I know you have completed the requirements for advancement in rank, but I cannot take the time to instruct you. Let me check my schedule... Ah, yes, I can squeeze you in in 315 minutes or so. Come back then and I'll take care of you."

Longest wait I've ever had or heard of.

Xcalibur
10-10-2003, 11:20 PM
You evil ugly wizard should be voln!

Voln is good, col is bad, recite it now!

Lord Whirlin
10-10-2003, 11:20 PM
I've found that it's based on how long it takes you to complete the two offerings... usually the more time it takes, the less of a wait.

Also... if you answer the questions wrong, each incorrect answer adds a lot of additional wait time.

Other than that, I don't know, I believe they add a random amount as well, but that's usually under an hour.

Camri
10-10-2003, 11:23 PM
I don't know how they figure it. But I remember it being annoying. You hurry up and get what you need, run there, and they tell you to wait this ridiculous amount of time. I'm glad I don't have to do that again.

Xcalibur
10-10-2003, 11:24 PM
I think the time is hidden and fixed for a step

let's say that

10 minutes per rank

so if you're on step 14, and you do all requirement very fast, you'll still have 140 minutes to wait minus the time it took you.

I agree with Whirlin on that

Crul
12-08-2003, 10:05 PM
What level is needed to join CoL now? And can it still be done in the Landing?

Kitsun
12-08-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure on the level requirement. It can only be done in Sol Haven and Vaalor as far as I know.

Stunseed
12-08-2003, 10:28 PM
It's balanced so that you can't breeze through. I got everything done in less than ten minutes, then a four hour wait. I got my task, fell asleep, came back and did it and got a 10 minute wait.

Love you Jolena!

Anebriated
12-08-2003, 11:56 PM
minimum age is 3 and its only available in Solhaven and Ta'Vaalor

Saber
12-09-2003, 08:19 AM
How do you get invited to join COL in Solhaven?

Thanks.

JustMe
12-09-2003, 01:54 PM
The Haggard Matron or whatever.

Meos
12-09-2003, 02:00 PM
I think time is mostly associated with how many times you get busted. Most the time it's 20 minutes, if I get caught within the next week it's 30... get caught a couple times it will be an hour. Sometimes I get an hour outa the blue though. Damn you Poobah

Maybe I should read the posts before I start answering questions.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Meos]