PDA

View Full Version : PC Viewing Problems and Me

Fallen
11-23-2005, 08:56 AM
I find that I cannot view Player's Corner from PC's. Several people think the site is down, but oddly enough when I try to view it using an apple I can load it just fine.

Could someone explain why I would have this problem? Why would the Player's Corner work with an apple, but not when I try loading the site from window's based setup?

Latrinsorm
11-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Delete all your cookies and temp. internet files. Try checking the PC from a non-IE browser while on a PC.

What error message do you get? Page cannot be found?

Wezas
11-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Klaive.net cookie prohibits the viewing of the PC.

Parkbandit
11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
Klaive.net cookie prohibits the viewing of the PC.

Since Klaive.net is basically dead.. I don't think that is his issue.

:P

Wezas
11-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Knowing Klaive, his internet cookies last forever.

Real cookies around Klaive don't last near as long.

Latrinsorm
11-23-2005, 09:34 AM
I for one would not have guessed this particular thread would degenerate into Klaive-bashing within a half-dozen posts.

Wezas
11-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
I for one would not have guessed this particular thread would degenerate into Klaive-bashing within a half-dozen posts.

I figured Fallen hasn't been teased in a while. Plus noone has a clue about macs.

Fallen
11-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Chuckles. I am just waiting for Longshot to come in and hammer me.

I figured it was a problem with IE, it just is quite odd that I would have the same problem on two different computers, one being government run/maintained.

The error message is quite something. It is an entire page that says the information I am looking for is not here. Not a typical white screen, but an actual site. Odd.

imported_Kranar
11-23-2005, 12:29 PM
I received the following e-mail about issues I was experiencing with connectivity. I don't think it has to do with PC/Apple, might have been a coincedence or the software you used was far more persistent on the Apple than the PC, but anyhow, the e-mail was:

Hello,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this issue.

Please be informed that it was a huge DDOS attack we were unable to stop till now. The attack was aimed at the HTTP server, hence all the services except http were running smoothly. The attack was changing from IPs to IPs and domain to domain causing a loop which took us more time than expected to stop it. The attack was using thousands of spoofed IP addresses, which made it virtually impossible to stop the attack. Now your domain is well accessible. Please check from your end and confirm. Our senior techs are working on a permanent fix to prevent this kind of attacks in the future.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries in this regard.

Gan
11-23-2005, 12:35 PM
2 days ago I could not access the forum at all until the evening. I figured something was up when I got the blue screen from the host site saying the forum was unavailable.

Glad to know they're on top of this. I was jonesing for my PC fix by noon and couldnt get it.

Goldenranger
11-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Is it that odd cPanel site?

For two days or so I was getting that when I tried to view the forums while on Firefox but they worked fine from Safari... was odd but now it works in all browsers for me

Edited to say: Heh, should have read Kranar's post before I posted, seems to have the explanation.

[Edited on 11-23-2005 by Goldenranger]