PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 release!!

The Ponzzz
11-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Anyone get one today?

My dad dragged me to the mall to try to get one, took the day off and everything. Camped out at Best Buy about 5 hours before the store openned and the line was already 70-80 people deep. People told us to go back, and leave we didn't have a chance.

A lady about 10 ahead of us had been there since 3am and the people in the front of the line started 3pm yesterday.

One kid managed to buy a spot for $150 bucks in that garunteed 67 they had. People were going up and down offering $60-$100 for a ticket.

After the store was openned, me and my pops split up, me going down to CompUSA with some guy we met in line. A line was forming and we were exactly 15th and 16th. So this crowd was a little more defensive. Told us they had NO Xbox's for us. But the manager came out and says, we have exactly 14, so "you and you" will not get one, pointing to us. But we waited till the store openned to make sure that was true, because Best Buy claimed 67 and actually had more Core systems.

So after that, I tried Kay Bee Toys with no luck and returned to Best Buy where I found a few transactions of xboxes going for 800-1200 for people way at the end of the line.

Anyways, we didn't get one, and it's not such a big deal, my dad is a little bummed though.

Wezas
11-22-2005, 04:13 PM
My mom made the stupid mistake of just yesterday looking at getting on the pre-order list. In her defense she didn't know any better.

Problem is, I see her being the type of person that will pay $600 for one on Ebay (though I don't think they're that low yet). Because my little bro is so spoiled.

A local disc jockey had two of his cronies out this morning throwing water balloons at people waiting in line outside of Circuit City and Best Buy.

"We have free doughnuts" <everyone looks in their direction> <pelted with multiple water balloons>

Good times.

Ebondale
11-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I want one and everything but I think the people that pay 2000$ for them are nuts. Every gamer knows that the first release (first shipment) of a new system ALWAYS has bugs in it.

I'll wait till after the X-mas season and get one at the normal price that'll work properly. :)

Wezas
11-22-2005, 04:23 PM
True, I got my PS2 on release day but luckily the laser/disc read issue didn't come up for about 2 years.

Then I got a second one (not the thin one) and modded it with a 120gb HDD to store games.

Vixen
11-22-2005, 04:35 PM
There was a guy at walmart there yesterday at 4 am waiting for the midnight release. He camped out there all damn day, he tried to get a pizza delivered to his chair, but the store told him he was SOL. My husband works there, got a huge kick out of it

DeV
11-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Ebondale
I'll wait till after the X-mas season and get one at the normal price that'll work properly. :) My thoughts exactly.

Sean
11-22-2005, 04:40 PM
My brother bought 2 and knowing him they are both on EBay probably right now.

Ebondale
11-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by DeV

I'll wait till after the X-mas season and get one at the normal price that'll work properly. :) My thoughts exactly.

Maybe if they released Halo 3 as a launch title I would be singing another tune, but... ;)

Bobmuhthol
11-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Why? Halo 2 sucked.

DeV
11-22-2005, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by DeV

Maybe if they released Halo 3 as a launch title I would be singing another tune, but... ;) Definitely. Of course I'm in it for the Xbox live action primarily. Halo 2 is my most played video game right now so I'm looking forward to seeing what changes, if any, have been made for Halo 3 live.

Kefka
11-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Oblivion comes out in February, right? I can wait... tho I'll probably get it for pc anyway. Still waiting for the verdict since the 'dirty disc error' for the first Xbox is fresh on my mind.

xtc
11-22-2005, 05:17 PM
I can't understand people who camp out all night for a new video game console.

Hell if I camp out all night there better be something really good at the end of it, like some Jessica Alba punani:

xtc
11-22-2005, 05:17 PM
I can't understand people who camp out all night for a new video game console.

Hell if I camp out all night there better be something really good at the end of it, like some Jessica Alba punani:

The Ponzzz
11-22-2005, 07:44 PM
It's just like Tickle Me Elmo, and MS is doing this very stupid. They are releasing small amounts, instead of alot like Sony wound...

Anyways, yea, if I woulda got one, I woulda sold it right there for 1200....

Drew2
11-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Had I the money to buy one, I could have with no problem. Working retail has its perks sometimes.

Anyways, Ponzz, you're retarded for thinking you could get one by going at 5am. My store had people out there since 4pm yesterday afternoon. That's like thinking you can buy anything in any store on the Day after thanksgiving without being in line at a store 10pm on Thanksgiving.

The Ponzzz
11-22-2005, 09:56 PM
As you could see, I said that. And my dad dragged me along for company, and being the good son that I am, I went. Heh, it was a fun experience though. The only thing I ever camped out for was a concert... Though early AM wasn't camping out...

Terminator X
11-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I'll wait for the price to drop ~66%, KTHNXBAI!

By the time actual sales are offered, there'll probably be more than a few spiffy new controllers, consoles and bundles offered at Zoro-slashed prices in comparison to November and December's market, I'm sure.

- The Termite, probably getting an Xbox 360 February-ish.

crazymage
11-22-2005, 10:25 PM
is new controller anything like the old one ?

Back
11-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Capitalism = Snake Oil

Back
11-24-2005, 10:19 PM
I want one and everything but I think the people that pay 2000$ for them are nuts. Every gamer knows that the first release (first shipment) of a new system ALWAYS has bugs in it.

I'll wait till after the X-mas season and get one at the normal price that'll work properly. :)

Smart man. Reports of Xbox bugginess (http://news.com.com/Crash+reports+hit+Xbox+360/2100-1043_3-5969776.html).

I am laughing inside at the jackasses that waited over night and the morons who paid out the ass on Ebay.