PDA

View Full Version : a long mithril-bound box

Bastard
12-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Moving this to another thread so I'm not stamping all over the other one.

First of all, got the loresong for it:

Archales recites:

"A pale, pearly-grey fog mists your vision, slowly clearing to reveal a view of an unfamiliar city, seen from a great height. A sense of vertigo sweeps over you as you swoop down into the city at impossible speed, flying through the narrow streets and into a tiny window near the foundation of an simple cottage. Your dream-like flight comes to a sudden halt within a cluttered workshop filled with gears, springs, and other contraptions. Seated on a high stool at the workbench in the middle of this mechanical maelstrom is a wizened gnome, busily tinkering with a long mithril-bound box."

Archales recites:

"Even before the last notes of your song have finished, your vision clouds and clears again, returning you to the scene of the cluttered workshop. Some time seems to have passed since you last saw the wizened gnome, for now he is holding the mithril-bound box in his hands, turning it this way and that in clear pleasure with his handiwork. As he opens it, you hear a soft mechanical whirring, which increases in volume as the vision fades...."

Archales recites:

"The last notes of your song twist into mechanical whirr as your vision of the old gnome and his workshop return. The workbench is heaped with various weapons to the gnome's right, and a random collection of gems, pelts and buckles to his left. The wizened craftsman hums merrily as he selects one thing from each pile, pops them into the mithril-bound box perched on the workbench before him, and closes it. From deep within the box, a mechanical whirring starts up, pushing you back into your natural time and place...."

Archales recites:

"Almost before you can begin your song, your vision is swept away to the tiny workshop. A moment or two only seem to have passed, for the gnome has just reached into the mithril-bound box set before him. He dances about the room in a merry, disjointed little jig, holding up a spiked mithril mace with a star ruby set in its haft. You reach out towards the box and wake from your revelry with a jolt, as the reality of the cold surface of the box you are holding brings you out of your song."

As far as what I'm looking for... I honestly have no idea, because I've never seen one before, and have no clue on a possible value. I'm just entertaining offers at this point, and if I get something that catches my eye, I'll trade or sell.

Got an offer of 10 million at the moment.

Sylvan Dreams
12-11-2005, 04:24 PM
What does it do?

Edited to say: If that's the weapon altering box, what kind of stuff are you looking for as trades?

[Edited on 11-12 by Sylvan Dreams]

The Ponzzz
12-11-2005, 04:25 PM
alters weapons slightly. Add skins or gems to make it be on the hilt. You could make your money back on this item if ya really worked at it... Or you can just buy those strips and add a skin yourself...

It's a very neat merchant item, that's for sure...

Bastard
12-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Current offer is 15 million.

As far as trades go, I'm more intrested in weapons/armor. Brig/torso chain mostly, and maybe faster weapons. Currently running a 10x 3 lb. falchion, but I'm in the market for alternatives.

Just not too much of a fluff type person, mostly looking for things to augment my hunting ability.

Bastard
12-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Current offer is now 20 million.

Apotheosis
12-12-2005, 02:10 AM
that should be worth like, near 100 million FYI.

The Ponzzz
12-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Naw, i doubt 100mil, that's a little too high

Drew
12-12-2005, 04:47 AM
100 million???? How do you figure you'd ever make that money back with this item.

That being said, if Yswithe is offering 100 million the seller should take it immediately and laugh all the way to the bank.

Drew2
12-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Still funny that it's a Horadric Cube.

Alfster
12-12-2005, 05:25 AM
YOU'RE A HORADRIC CUBE!!!!!!!!!

I think that could catch on.

Bastard
12-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Current bid is 25 million.

StrayRogue
12-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Back in the olden days, this may have made you 100 mil. Not any more though. It doesn't exactly do anything that a common merchant couldn't. Plus with those cool skins that can be added to a weapon, it's abilities are pretty limited.

Bastard
12-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Current bid is now 35 million.

[Edited on 12-13-2005 by Bastard]

Warriorbird
12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Back in the olden days, this may have made you 100 mil. Not any more though. It doesn't exactly do anything that a common merchant couldn't. Plus with those cool skins that can be added to a weapon, it's abilities are pretty limited.

With that said, I bet it's at least 35 mil of fun.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
I think the clothing box would be more fun myself... but this box seems cool.

Bastard
12-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Current bid is still 35 million. Going to end this Thursday when I get home from work at about 7:30 or 8:00 pm eastern. Don't feel like dragging this out any longer than necessary.

Jayvn
12-14-2005, 04:08 AM
who's buyin it, or what will the charge be when they do to make a few random things? curious if it would work with stones like firestones..etc

`Jayvn

Bastard
12-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Current offer is 37 million. About 24 hours left before it's sold. If you want it, act quickly.

Setting a buyout of 50 million.

Bastard
12-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Update: New offer of 39 million.

[Edited on 12-16-2005 by Bastard]

Bastard
12-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Ending this at 10 eastern.

Drew2
12-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Drew asked me and I forgot to respond, but a Horadric Cube is an item in Diablo II that combines shit.

One such type of combination is a weapon with certain gems or other stuff that turns it into an improved weapon. Hence, this is a Horadric cube.

Bastard
12-15-2005, 09:08 PM
40 million now. One hour left.

Bastard
12-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Box has been sold. Got an offer I couldn't say no to. Thanks for all the interest.

Kitsun
12-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Nice sale. Hope the new owner puts it to good use.

Bastard
12-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I get the impression they will. Fairly sure it's not going to end up in a locker somewhere, or up for immediate resale.