PDA

View Full Version : Guild Skills

Weedmage Princess
06-07-2003, 05:49 PM
One of the changes slated for GS 4 was that the combat guild skills rogues and warriors learn wouldn't be taught in the guilds anymore. It would be something available to rogues and warriors, but as part of the CM list. As you gain CM ranks, you could do these things. But, it was just announced at Simucon that the skills in the guild now will stay in the guild...

Anyone know anything about this and why Stealth changed his mind?

Revalos
06-08-2003, 02:47 AM
I'd say its pretty obvious we had another "breakage moment." Meaning the staff aren't willing to deal with some player enduced pain that would be caused by such a system's introduction.

There were a lot of people that would have had wasted months of scripting in the guild to master particular skills with mind numbing results.

It probably would have also been very difficult to trade in guild training ranks for CM based ranks too. I imagine Stealth realized that a bird in the hand is worth more than one bird flying away and the other pecking his eyes out.

Neildo
06-08-2003, 04:39 AM
Not to mention in the case of rogue archers, they'd end up losing nearly all their rogue guild skills. As a rogue archer it's very hard to afford any combat manuever training and most have none. With their guild skills moving to the CM list, they end up losing nearly all their guild skills (their current guild ranks as their only saving grace) and future rogue archers lose them all.

- N

Zanagodly
06-08-2003, 04:47 AM
Tsoran threatening to leave could of had an influence. I know he was adament about the skills remaining where they are. The guy makes all the maps and is valued pretty highly because of such by most of the players and probably GMs as well. I'm probably way off base here, but just a possible theory.

CrystalTears
06-08-2003, 10:19 AM
Tsoran threatens to leave (and sometimes does for a little while) with every proposed change. :D

[Edited on 6/8/2003 by CrystalTears]

Revalos
06-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Yah, I don't think it was about Tsoran, but I'm sure it didn't hurt the possibility for change.

Personally, I couldn't believe that Tsoran's only reason for staying was to master rogue guild skills. That seems pretty tenuous at best for a reason to be playing a game.

In any case, I wouldn't be suprised if next summer we're all in this exact same predicament with all the new things and the GMs want to change it all again.

StrayRogue
08-04-2003, 06:32 PM
One reason could have been it would have been impossible to master a skill until higher levels. Unless the cost of sweep, for example, was low enough to be obtainable easily, it would make the skills even less desirable. At present Sweep requires you to be atleast lvl 21 to master. Unless each rank of CM equated to oodles of Sweep, something would be amiss.

Perhaps its simply all the calculations and stuff to balance out the problems detailed above, that put Stealth and co. off. I, for one, am glad.