PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly, Military Recruiting, & Terrorism

Warriorbird
11-20-2005, 12:53 PM
November 8th on the Radio Factor, Bill O'Reilly suggested that if San Fransisco didn't want military recruiting in their schools that the President ought to tell Al Qaeda that it's okay to attack them. After that he claimed that his comments were not controversial and then satirical. If someone on the Left made similarly inflamnatory comments, would they get a pass? Fuck no. You can already see how many conservatives have a hate on for Kanye West without even knowing who the hell he is or knowing a damn thing about him.

"O'REILLY: Hey, you know, if you want to ban military recruiting, fine, but I'm not going to give you another nickel of federal money. You know, if I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, "Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead."

And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead."

EDIT: Mysteriously our local conservative posters aren't attacking him or suggesting he shouldn't be taken seriously, ALA Pat Robertson and his Chavez fatwa.

[Edited on 11-20-2005 by Warriorbird]

Gan
11-20-2005, 01:49 PM
While I agree with most of Bill says, I think he could have stated the second half of that quote differently. However, that doesnt say that he didnt have the right to, nor does it say that its any different from any other rhetoric thats spewed from either right or left of late.

I just call it another attempt at getting his 15 minutes beyond his own TV show.