PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.9 Info

Jadewolff
11-15-2005, 11:43 AM
The pics associated with this are on the WoW website.

Ahn'Qiraj

The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj will house two massive, unique dungeons - the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, a 20-man raid dungeon, and the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, a 40-man raid dungeon. As players delve deeper into the mysteries of Ahn'Qiraj, they will discover revelations of the Silithid infestation and their shadowy masters, the Qiraji. Players will have to complete a world event of massive proportions before they can open the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj on their realm.

Linked Auction Houses

Planned for launch in patch 1.9, players will discover that they can buy and sell goods with greater effectiveness using the highly anticipated Linked Auction House System. Horde players will find that the Auction Houses in Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff will now share the same pool of player-created auctions. Similarly, Alliance players will find the same to be true when visiting Ironforge, Stormwind City, and Darnassus Auction Houses. This system has been expanded to support the neutral Auction Houses as well. Tanaris, Everlook, and Booty Bay will all be linked for players of both factions to access. In addition, the "Looking for Group" and "Trade" channels have been unified among the corresponding cities, meaning you can trade your goods or look for groups in Ironforge while in Stormwind!

Multiple Battlegrounds Queues

Players will be able to enter multiple battleground queues! No longer must you make the hard decision of which queue to join -- when queued for all three, you can join the first one available or hold out for that special Battleground you're really seeking.

Paladin Talent Update

All three Paladin talent trees are receiving a complete review, and many great new changes are in the works. Once finalized, we'll be sure to preview them through our Talent Calculator!

New Armor Models

Many high-level class armor sets are receiving a complete graphical overhaul! Check out the concepts and screen captures below:

Jadewolff
11-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Though I'm happy for the paladin update (on behalf of all my pally friends) nothing can compare to my excitement over the Linked Auction House.

Hips
11-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Whoa, when did they add AHs in Stormwind and Darnassus?

hectomaner
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
<<Whoa, when did they add AHs in Stormwind and Darnassus? >>

they haven't yet, they are going to add them in patch 1.9

i'm very excited about the opening of Ahn'Qiraj, allthough its been said it will take 2-3 weeks with dedicated people, but i guess after a month the gates will open anyway. should be fun, hopefully the 40 man raid has some damn good loot, as the end boss of the dungeon was said to be the 2nd hardest encounter in the game, only to Nef.

Hips
11-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Between threads like these and the one about the expansion... it makes me want to reactivate my account. :(

Trinitis
11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Being a level 60 Paladin myself, I'm more excited about the AH changes then the pally changes. heh.

Blazing247
11-15-2005, 12:54 PM
I can't believe they are buffing paladins. Having played both sides of the fence to 60, paladins are UNGODLY in a PvP duo team. Look at Grade/Axil on the Dunemaul server, my old guildmates. They are proof that paladins don't need more DPS. In PvE, both pallies and shamans play healbot/buffbot, but pallies do it better and have more to offer a raid. We'll have to wait to see the extent of the buffing, I guess.

Androidpk
11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
The last boss in AQ should be harder then Nefarian since they've said the instance will be harder then BWL.

11-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Blazing247 In PvE, both pallies and shamans play healbot/buffbot, but pallies do it better and have more to offer a raid.

I would kill your characters for that statement if you hadn't sold your account because you were deathly afraid of The Barren Fury*.

* This statement may be a gross distortion of the facts.

Numbers
11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Some screenshots of an unpopulated Ahn'qiraj: http://forum.gsplayers.com/category.php?cid=109&page=4

The place is huge, but it's got a lot of winding passageways, and except for a few key rooms, the whole place looks exactly the same. It'll be very easy to get lost in there.

Androidpk
11-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Huge is an understatement. The last boss room alone is large enough to fit the enitre scarlet monestary in it.

Skeeter
11-15-2005, 01:26 PM
The pally buff I've heard discussed is making their buffs last longer than 5 minutes. Pallys apparently weren't designed to just stand in the back of a raid, and continuously buff everyone.

Numbers
11-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Androidpk
Huge is an understatement. The last boss room alone is large enough to fit the enitre scarlet monestary in it.

I should clarify, I'm not saying that huge is a good thing. Before they blocked the area off a few patches ago, I used to wander around the unfinished Ahn'qiraj. The place is massive, but it's boring as shit. Except for the temple above-ground, the entire place is just a monotony of repetitive textures and architecture.

I could tell just wandering through the area that for most of the wings and passageways, they just copied and pasted a bunch of pre-built tunnels and strung'em together. The architecture and textures are literally identical, right down to the side passages.

Of course, for Blizzard, that's a good thing, as it means they can fill those huge identical tunnels with trash mobs that take full raid groups hours to clear, just to reach two or three bosses that have a 3% chance of dropping an item you want.

This is assuming that they haven't changed anything considerably since the last time I was there. But I'm doubting it, as the place seemed pretty much done.

Jadewolff
11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Trash mobs are not bad though. At least in MC we've had nights where there's been about 4 or 5 BoE epics.

Numbers
11-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Trash mobs are a time sink that requires the least amount of effort possible on the part of Blizzard.

Sure, you get the occasional bonus off of them, but a vast majority drop nothing worthwhile.

SnatchWrangler
11-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Blazing247
I can't believe they are buffing paladins. Having played both sides of the fence to 60, paladins are UNGODLY in a PvP duo team. Look at Grade/Axil on the Dunemaul server, my old guildmates. They are proof that paladins don't need more DPS. In PvE, both pallies and shamans play healbot/buffbot, but pallies do it better and have more to offer a raid. We'll have to wait to see the extent of the buffing, I guess.

Axil sucks, Grade is ridiculous. Fucking 1200 auto attack white damage crits and you're going to tell me Paladins have no DPS...

Paly shields need to be dispellable. I'm glad they're getting a "Buff their whole group" version of their Blessings...but that's all they should be getting.

Androidpk
11-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Haha, I have no sympathy for paladins that cry about dps.

The shields are ridiculous. They should make it so any action they take besides healing themselves breaks the shield.

On a side note, any good strats for a warrior to use against a paladin? My lvl 35 warrior was cruising around STV and I attacked a lvl 33 paladin who ended up kicking my butt. I got him down low on health twice but he just shielded and healed himself back up again.

Nieninque
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
My 54 hunter took on a 52 Paladin in ungoro the other day and crashed big time. The paladin was knocking me all over and immune all the way. I cried.

DeV
11-15-2005, 05:50 PM
As a 60 Shaman, the class I dislike engaging in pvp with the most are Paladins.

Axhinde
11-15-2005, 07:15 PM
I would comment on Paladins, but I gave mine up after 60. The AH changes seem useful.

SnatchWrangler
11-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Wow...did this thread get derailed...

Anyways...

I've heard there is going to be a Transmute Heart of Fire to Elemental Fire in patch 1.9.

Supposedly it's an Alchemy recipe for Friendly rep with the Thorium Brotherhood.

1 Heart of Fire will Transmute to 3 Elemental fires.

Jadewolff
11-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler
I've heard there is going to be a Transmute Heart of Fire to Elemental Fire in patch 1.9.

Supposedly it's an Alchemy recipe for Friendly rep with the Thorium Brotherhood.

1 Heart of Fire will Transmute to 3 Elemental fires.

See, I've heard one heart of fire will transmute into essence of fire as well. Not sure which it is.

Though 3 elemental fire will be very useful with Fire resist potions. Guess I'll start farming heavy leather....

Wezas
11-17-2005, 11:03 AM
I split the HoR/MSH discussion into another thread:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=18803

Because we were getting WAY off topic.