PDA

View Full Version : Bugged loot tables?

Androidpk
11-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Everyone and their mom seems to agree that the loot tables in instances is bugged, except Blizzard. It makes sense though when guilds are getting the same drops from bosses over and over again. The only thing Blizzard says is that you have to look at the total picture and take into account how many people raid total. That still doesn't explain the problem of getting the same items over and over again. My guild for example has gotten the same drops from Golemagg for the past 3 months now. It's either warrior/hunter/blastershot rifle or warrior/warlock/mageblade. I'd rather see a system where the boss drops some kind of token that anyone could loot and turn in for a piece of their armor. That way it would still take time to get everyone their armor, but certain classes wouldn't weeks or months without seeing a drop for them.

Jadewolff
11-15-2005, 10:17 AM
You know, this has been discussed quite a bit in our MC raid. We decided to test things out. The complaint in our raid was that we had way too much warlock and pally drops. When Luci went down (which is when the loot table is set) either I, a warlock has been leader or a paladin. From what we've seen, I don't think it's really what I would call "bugged" though.

For the past 3 weeks, the pally has stayed leader of the raid when Luci has been downed. The first week it was pretty consistent. Warlock and Pally drops. Second week we did not have a single Pally drop and had tons of Cenarion. Warlock BoEs dropped but maybe one piece of BoP felheart. As for weapons, the 2nd week was crazy. We had 4 weapons drop that had never dropped before. This included the BB, Core hound Tooth, GGR, and OEB. This past week we had another GGR and Core Hound Tooth, but this time we also had the Aurastone Hammer.

It seems to be that if your raid leader stays consistent for at least a month, you'd have a nice variety of drops. Our plan is to change the raid leaders every month during the Luci fight to see what changes. So far though, I have never heard anything consistent that has been dependant on the class of the raid leader.

As for the whole idea of tokens, not sure if I like the idea. Granted it makes it more fair but also less fun. Part of the fun downing a boss is to see if there is anything you can win from that boss. If you know exactly what to expect, it gets kinda dull in my opinion.

[Edited on 11-15-2005 by Jadewolff]

Androidpk
11-15-2005, 10:37 AM
We've tried keeping the raid leader consistant, and we've also changed raid leaders weakly, same results. I agree that seeing if your item drops is part of the fun, but we haven't seen a nightslayer chest drop since May... At the current rate all the rogues in the guild will have a bloodfang chest before we see nightslayer drop.

Trinitis
11-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Blizzards point holds strong.

The loot is generated randomly from the loot table. If you've got 15 raid groups a night in MC (more like 25-30 on weekends) all making a loot table for MC, it's going to shuffle things around. Luck of the draw. I've been through MC with my Pally a few times, and not seen a single paladin drop.

Androidpk
11-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Luck of the draw doesn't explain getting the same loot table over and over and over again. There is nothing random about that.

Trinitis
11-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Androidpk
Luck of the draw doesn't explain getting the same loot table over and over and over again. There is nothing random about that.

Random loots #1-10.

There are 30 people taking from that 1-10. There will be the same thing.

SnatchWrangler
11-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah...I think the 'bugged' loot tables is a crock myself.

Although we've seen an absolute abundance of Felheart gear (two weeks ago, our Luci-Domo clear yielded 3 felheart belts from trash mobs...), we've seen pretty much one of each item so far.

We've ALWAYS had the same raid leader, who consequently is a warlock. But we've probably seen 1 of each item now (finally getting MY CHT this past weekend, and our first Flameguard Gauntlets).

Really, the only thing we haven't had drop yet is the Striker's Mark...which is kinda odd considering it's listed as one of the highest % drops off Mag.

Silvanostar
11-15-2005, 12:14 PM
the freaking warlocks in my guild are pretty close to finishing their nemesis sets when we only started bwl since the middle of august.

Jadewolff
11-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes, my whole raid hates us warlocks. We've actually gotten to the point where we have extra warlock BoEs.