PDA

View Full Version : Ebon's Gate wrap-up: Post your alters

Drew
11-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Not a list of all the kinds work you had done, and not what your character is currently wearing, just show all the alters you had done.

Celexei
11-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Start it out Drew!

Hips
11-13-2005, 08:02 PM
-a silver-caged translucent crystal pendant
-a high-collared slim black velvet longcoat flared at the hips
-a dark silver censer: Crafted from a lustrous silver blackened to the hue of deep shadows, the censer bears small dots of its original color shining through the blackness, resembling a circular tapestry of tiny stars sparkling against the canvas of night. Large, prominent perforations that allow incense to flow through form eight points, tracing a complex pattern of a single star across the blackened silver surface.
-a pair of slim hunter green suede breeches
-some side-laced sleek black leather boots with pointed heels
-Her soft lips are tinted a dark berry hue.
a narrow-bladed pure vaalorn dagger: From pommel to guard to blade, the entirety of this dagger has been forged from purest vaalorn, with the exception of the hilt, which is crafted of a measure of dark silver oak. A spiral of blackened ora roses in bas relief interrupts the gilt finish of the hilt, terminating at a guard laced with swirls of eahnor filigree. The blade itself is unmarked from tip to shoulder, and its edges are keenly honed to a remarkable sharpness.
-a small black suede wrist sheath capped in eahnor filigree.

also an amulet holder and breastplate for Axhinde. There weren't nearly enough general merchants... but I have Foehn's Promise and the next two WD runs for that, I guess.

[Edited on 11-14-2005 by GS3 Michiko]

Drew
11-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Celexei
Start it out Drew!

Hipchiko already got it going, but here's what I had done.

a white doublet embroidered with the GrayHaven crest

a recurving ram's horn
show:
Carved into the surface of the horn is the image of a Lord and his vassals.

a detailed coastal region map
show:
This map shows in great detail the western coastline near the southern portion of the continent of Elanith. The focus of the cartographer's work features a large keep and the surrounding farmlands. A primary road leads to the keep from the northwest, with smaller footpaths and horse trails also depicted. Notes in a finely written script list measurements and distances to the coastline. Along the bottom in colorful calligraphy is written, "GrayHaven."

Alfster
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
aw shit, i didn't get any

Praefection
11-13-2005, 09:03 PM
These are two of my favorites that Siolen did.

a burnished dark hide ankle sheath:
Made supple by the extensive process of tanning and burnished with a bronzed dye, the hide that comprises this sheath is of the highest quality. It is stretched taut over a frame of aged bone that can be seen only at the mouth where the hide is bound to the bone by hair-thin threads of bronze wire. On the surface of sheath, a smooth round of solid firestone encircled by a ring of copper-beaded embroidery is the sheath's only cosmetic virtue.

a wavy-bladed copper zorchar dagger:
Long and sinuous, the blade of the dagger extends from the guard like a finger of flame, lithe and curvaceous. Along its sharpened edges, a dark copper hue dyes the zorchar and fades, as it nears the midline of the blade, into a warm, iridescent gold. The crossguard itself is solid half-circle of bronze inlaid along the edges with shards of firestone, and the hilt is layered in padded crimson silk bound by crosshatched bronze wiring.

some black pearl prayerbeads inlaid with stylized firestone flames-scripted prayerbeads.

Praefection
11-13-2005, 09:10 PM
My other set of Siolan's dagger/sheath combo.

a small scarlet silk wrist sheath:
The outer shell of this sheath is formed of scarlet-hued silks, which have been padded and crosshatched with gold-threaded embroidery. Its mouth is reinforced by a crown of hammered gold, the technique giving the metal a waved and warped appearance. A diamond of similarly treated gold caps the tip of the sheath and is inset at its heart with a faceted tear-cut bloodjewel.

a long-bladed crimson vaalorn dagger:
The double-edged blade of this dagger is longer than average, and both of its edges have been honed to a razor's sharpness. Though the vaalorn blade is entirely crimson in hue, the coloring varies in shades: along the edges, the vaalorn is dark and ruddy, and it fades as it nears the midline to a bright tone. The curved guard is crafted of warm-toned gold and is fixed at either end with a bloodstone crescent. Maoral forms the smooth hilt, the wood's natural red hue accenting the dye of the vaalorn.

FinisWolf
11-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Just my favorite alter ...

a diamond-set round golden mirror

Golden filaments bright with diamond dust frame the small round of glass. Small dragon's-tear diamonds have been carved into miniature snarling wolf heads and set into the golden frame. A slender silver chain is secured at both ends to the back of the mirror. Etched across the back are the words, "The weak follow. Peer at me to see whom shall protect the meek."

Finis

Jolena
11-13-2005, 09:53 PM
an alabaster suede handbag with onyx-beaded straps

a short-waisted ebon silk jacket- Simple, yet elegant, the deep ebon silk of the jacket is designed to fall just short of the waist. Two crescent-etched bronze buttons adorn the middle and hem of the right side of the garment to secure it closed.

a creamy cypress blouse- A single row of polished black pearl buttons serves to clasp the gauzy silk fabric down the front from the gracefully scooped neckline to the fitted waist. Modestly designed, the delicate lace-edged sleeves gather just above the elbows in a subtle flounce.

a wristlet of suspended ivory-carved lilies with a silver cloisonne clasp-

a sable-trimmed fitted suede skirt- Trimmed with luxurious sable along the ankle-length hem, the fur provides a striking contrast in hue against the creamy ivory suede. A trio of delicately engraved bronze chains drapes across the fitted waist to subtly accent the hips. The brushed buttery soft leather of the skirt is tailored to fit closely, the slight flare from the knees down adding an elegant panache in the design.

some calf-high brushed kidskin boots with slender ebonwood heels

Two dancing scarves unlocked

a silken deep jade scarf -- dancing scarf altered to jade by a merchant doing just one word

She has hip-length, rich maple-hued hair that falls in a mass of thick curls to rest at the small of her back, while a few wispy tendrils frame her face. -- had just the color changed in her hair alteration

She has a pair of dusky midnight blue-veined translucent silver-tipped wings -- wing alter for my empath

Had a Siolan dagger done as well but don't have it on me to get the show for.

The Ponzzz
11-13-2005, 10:00 PM
- Got one of those warswords upped to 5x and fixed up for my Paladin.
- Lightened and deepened Hipsack
- Feature alter to blood-red hair.
- An old grey velvet cloak with a wyrwood clasp formy wizard
- 2 Ghastlee crystal balls scripted
- My Onarian dagger with Siolan scripts
- Won a raffle for a 5x returning bola with awesome flares.
- A simple bone/teeth/etc alteration in the tent in room 73.
- My shield altered by Spoink
- About 6 RPAs with Dhask and one for two of my other characters.
- Stole about 400k in gems/misc from other gate goers.
- Stole a shadowglass orb from an empath.
- Set off 3 needles and 2 jaw traps
- A simple alteration from Gnymble for my wizard.

Doughboy
11-13-2005, 10:07 PM
a braided dirty white beard

The beard is truly a wreck of hygiene and basic upkeep -- each hair is scorched along its entire length. Several large clumps of crumbs cling to the stickier hairs, showing an extreme lack of cleanliness on part of the owner. The sad little clump of hair is a pungent testament to a slovenly lifestyle.

an etched invar-plated horn

Biscuits, pastries, and all other sorts of foodstuffs have been painstakingly etched upon the entire surface of the horn. Several of the pictures are rather comical in nature, specifically the face of a rather pudgy giant. Cheeks bulging, he has quite possibly the largest smile in history across his face. A sterling silver mouthpiece has been placed onto one end of the horn.

a simple leather harness

This rather simple utility piece has been designed for function rather than form. Several small loops can be found across its surface, a convenient place to store a small blade. Although the leather has been cracked and well broken in, it is meticulously oiled in an effort to keep the material supple. A wide brass buckle is used to attach it around the wearer's body. Sheathed within the slits of your leather harness, you see a dagger, a dagger, a dagger, a dagger, and a dagger.

a polished golden badge

The small golden badge has not a single scratch to mar its meticulous and highly polished surface. Formed into the shape of a six-pointed star is the detailed and exquisite etching of the northern gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Rising over the town, the sun has been etched in place then inlaid with silver and shimmers in the ambient light.

a small leather scroll bag

A single piece of leather has been used to create this small bag. No opening is apparent, but the sides of the sack are bulging almost to the point of tearing the leather. A braided golden loop has been attached to the outside, used to run a belt through so the piece can be worn without fear of it falling away.

a simple leather sack

This sack is rather plain looking. No real adornments have been placed on it. A braided leather strap is used as a drawstring. Sewn into the side of the piece are the words, "Property of the First Elanith Bank."
some scorched cotton oven mitts

a skull ring

a pair of weapons unlocked by Khordan (I think that was him)

Got Bisco's armor lightened twice

Bijon
11-13-2005, 10:30 PM
a dark-bladed elven vultite war-knife

>look war
Extending long and straight from the guard, this knife's blade has been deeply burnished and textured to a matte finish. There is no reflection from the darkened vultite as it is turned into the light, and instead the brushed metal seems almost to absorb passing illumination. Along the midline, a deep blood grove etched with flowing script runs the length of the blade. The contoured hilt has been wrapped with supple leather to enhance both the look and the handling of the knife when in use.
There appears to be something written on it.

>read war
In the Elven language, it reads:
Fear not death, for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal.

Izalude
11-13-2005, 11:08 PM
an ornate imflass-bladed espadon

Show:Crafted from nearly four feet of sturdy imflass the long, keen blade sports two curved notches on each side, accenting a tri-lozenge fuller. An intricately woven network of imflass and crimson eahnor curves in the shape of a heart, forming the ornate crossguard of the sword. The hilt tapers downward ending in a spherical bloodjewel pommel. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

+22 bastard sword

Here's the sword I based the design on:

[Edited on 11-14-2005 by Izalude]

petroglyph
11-13-2005, 11:45 PM
a white brocade drawstring herb pouch
A sturdy russet cord weaves through the edges of this circle of white brocade and gathers them together to form a roomy pouch. Two solid silver charms, one cast in the form of a sovyn flower and the other in the shape of an acantha leaf, dangle from the ends of the cord, suggesting the pouch's intended contents. A fine dupioni silk lining dyed the same red-brown hue as the cord provides a soft resting place for those and other delicate herbs.

a set of brown oak and orase prayerbeads
A single brown oak doe rests flush against the surfact of each slightly irregular orase sphere. The darker inlay draws out the fine grains of umber and sepia that streak the creamy beads, highlighting the beauty of the natural wood. A thin silken cord slips unobtrusively through the rounded orase chunks and links them into an unbroken ring with a simple knot.

She has oblique black eyes.

OreoElf
11-14-2005, 12:32 AM
A curvaceous indigo leather corset :show: Custom tailored from supple indigo leather, this fitted corset features a low-cut neckline adorned with a sparkling platinum-set crimson blazestar at the center. Ruby-dusted crimson flames seared into the leather look like rising tendrils made to accentuate an hourglass figure and crimson silk peeks out from the hem, just above the navel. Silver eyelets down the back of the corset are laced with silver silk ribbons that trail to end with flame-shaped ruby epaulettes.

I got a friend a moonlight blue herb satchel: Tailored from the purest moonlight blue cotton, this satchel is built to last. A sanguine moon shines through silvery clouds that have been haphazardly embroidered on the fabric. Images of soaring dragons of every shade imaginable have been scattered across the painted sky. Ruby dragons dangle from soft velvet cording made to secure the satchel closed.

a dragon's-tear diamond-stoppered silver flask (someone got me)

a bunny-shaped indigo slate chalkboard framed with platinum filigree

some opalescent ora finger cymbals engraved with cavorting bunnies

I also got my temp padding recharged by Monkia and armor lightened by Sproink...

Sharlatta had me on her list but never came back when I was there... as far as I know she only came back once after saying we didn't have to find her that day... I hope she's all right.

Viridian
11-14-2005, 12:35 AM
- a slim raw linen dress with a bronze hip-belt accenting the long flowing skirts

-She has topaz-flecked dark viridian eyes

-a sleek ebon lacquered runestaff: A slender length of mesille has been carved smooth and lacquered a rich black hue. A bronze ophidian pattern is inlaid into the wood, it's chased surface spiraling the length of the lacquered staff. Capping the top is a copper-hued crystal sphere which gives a warped reflection of the images that strike it. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

I know I was lucky to get what I did done, I didn't even really try because I spent most of my time waiting for Serpantis, he came, I didn't get the snake, the only thing I really wanted... I hope he really does come to Fourwinds.

DCSL
11-14-2005, 12:50 AM
I'll post a few. Don't want to show them all or what will I have to show off in the "What Are You Wearing?" thread?

a suit of black rolaren-beaded armor
The rigid leather armor is simply designed with smooth, sleek lines. Tiny, perfectly black rolaren beads cover the entire surface of the leather, glistening like the pebbled skin of some exotic reptile. Matching rectangular buckles provide adjustability on each side of the cuirass and at the backs of the arms and legs. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

a slender strapless gown of dusk grey chiffon wrapped in a descending spiral

a hooded black leather longcoat fastened to the waist before flaring out and trailing dramatically

She has large mithril blue eyes.
She has jaw-length, pearlescent alabaster hair with long bangs pulled diagonally over one eye.

B2
11-14-2005, 02:45 AM
Uhm. Keep in mind that I am currently unemployed and did basically nothing else this week.

In no particular order...

You point at a golden-veined deep red maple leaf.
Dangling from a nearly invisible gold chain is a fist-sized satin rendition of a maple leaf. Dyed a vivid scarlet color, the naturally glossy satin leaf has been painted with touches of gold which extend like veins outward from the heart of the leaf.

You point at a loop-handled reddish chestnut spidersilk musette.

You point at a vine-banded darkened suede thigh-quiver.
This slender thigh-quiver is made of a rich chocolate colored suede folded into a long tube and wrapped snuggly with a few vines for support. The upper mouth of the quiver is edged in a gleaming silver alloy that glints in the ambient light. A single long seam is mostly covered down the length of the quiver with a gleaming black raven's feather.

a pair of pomegranate red dance slippers

You put the small blood red garnet that serves as a stopper back into your amber glass flask to seal it tight.

A super-secret autumn-themed dress

You point at a frumpy faded black dress.
This dress may have been fashionable once, but its time has long since past. The tattered black sheath dress is draped with a torn netting of widely woven black lace, providing an eerie cobwebbed effect. Around the waist the material is slightly darker as if it were once cinctured by a sash, without which the gown is shapeless and frumpy.

You remove an eerily glowing crystal ball filled with eddies of swirling mist from in your grey silk veils.

You remove a feathered brass fox mask from in your grey silk veils.
An intricately incised brass framework has been layered over butter-soft leather of a pale tan hue to create a stylized fox face. A reddish leaf-and-star pattern has been painted across the leather in such a way that, interrupted as it is by the lines of the brass framework, it looks like fur. A twisted sigil has been painted in black and silver on the brow. At the edges of the mask, long black-barred grey feathers spread outward in a wide, wild mane.

You point at a front-draped gold satin stole.
A barely discernible design spirals across the surface of the stole, the pattern embroidered in the same shade of gold as the stole itself. The garment is designed to hang down in front of the wearer, while its loose ends drape over the shoulders and down the back.

You point at a tall and narrow white tote.
Much longer than it is wide, this tote has been made to fit snugly against the back. A long gold satin shoulder strap extends from either side of the gold-clasped top, looping around to meet its partner and encircle the base, providing both reinforcement and style.

With a flick of your wrist you rotate the top of your elven cameo mirror, hiding the mirror and making it appear to be just a brooch once again.
You point at a diminutive elven cameo brooch.
The alabaster silhouette of an elven woman graces the surface of the blood red garnet cameo. Eahnor serves as the mount for the circular trinket and encircles the face of the cameo flawlessly, save for the small clasp.

You point at a wispy smoke grey gossamer cloak.
This flowing cloak is crafted from countless layers of silvery-grey gossamer that delicately hang together with a fluidity that resembles a thick mist. A heavier weave of finely watered silk lines the veil of wispy fabric, giving the ethereal garment a more substantive appearance. An intricately engraved clasp, carved to resemble a pair of tiny wings, fastens the cloak at the shoulder. The brooch is covered with a layer of glittering opalescent moonstone dust that sparkles whenever it catches the light.

You point at a lace-trimmed small silk back sheath.
Slender and narrow, this diminutive sheath is designed to fit easily against the small of the back and is made of silk to enhance its comfort when worn. An intricate band of hand-tatted lace runs along the lip of the sheath, mimicking the decorative hem on a lady's garment.

You point at a set of shaded alabaster leather hunts with an intricate design slit across the upper back.

She has a pair of glimmering celadon-tipped delicate frost silver wings.

You point at a silver-frosted pallid blue spidersilk satchel.

You point at some frost opal-heeled white dance shoes.

You point at a slender glacial blue silk gown sheathed in a snowflake-motif silver lace overlay.

You point at an elven-forged drakar-bladed fist-scythe.
This weapon has a short, sweeping blade extending from the rectangular handle. The edge, which is of drakar, has been carefully welded to the steel so masterfully, that it is difficult to tell where the steel ends and the fiery metal begins. The mark of the elite-guard of the Vaalorian elves has been etched into the blade which trails faint wisps of smoke behind it. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

You point at a diminutive blown glass wyvern touched with gold along the outstretched wings.

a softly glowing crystal ball encasing a swirling void which pulsates in and out of existence

a high-necked mist grey damask gown traced with onyx spirals that increase in width down the train

a wide-sashed dagger harness draped from an elaborately filigreed shoulder brooch

Her delicate features form a perfect line from her jaw extending out past her long, pointed ears.

You point at a woven leather throwing net set with white ora barbs.

some sheer veils draped gracefully between a pair of spiraling armbands

You point at some ruby and malachite prayerbeads in your sheer veils.
A delicate ora chain holds a succession of ruby beads that subtly increase in size as they move from one end of the chain to the other. A charm fashioned of green malachite carved into a stylized wisp of smoke dangles from the center of the chain.

an elaborate ruby and silver headdress (Itsa helm!)
A netting of intricate silver mesh is set at each intersection with a tiny glimmering ruby, the gems casting a pale pink ting across the pale metal. Silver chains dangle along the edge of the headdress, save for where the delicate article drapes across the forehead.

DCSL
11-14-2005, 03:04 AM
I like the glacial blue gown, the fox mask and the musette the most of those. Very lovely designs!

The Cat In The Hat
11-14-2005, 06:42 PM
I got one alter, I honestly didn't even try to get any until the last night.

an extremely low-cut icy blue silk robe slit to the waist on both sides

For a wizard friend.

Wasn't anything I needed done and I simply didn't have the time.

Ren
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Lets see..

some lucid moonstone hairsticks (feature-worn, no show, just a simple quickie)

a white fox mask inked with austere features (feature concealing)

an ancient dual-bladed katar (5x, acid flaring, Vaeregost goodness)
Set with dual triangle blades, this potent brawler has been cunningly crafted in the Nathala Dai style. The handle, firmly bound in leather is covered on both sides with a wide plate of steel, protecting the wielder's fist from attacks. Upon each plate, a stylized fox has been etched in such a way that its tall triangle ears perfectly meld into the two blades. Upon the handle, a small rune has been inscribed You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.
There appears to be something written on it.
Named "Cunning".

a pair of ebon silk mesh stockings (had "torn" taken out at a Just One Thing merchant, she wouldn't do fishnet... I should have run to my locker to get some of the fishnets, but whatever)

Got a belt added onto a flask for a friend.

Got some spikes added to a pair of shin guards for groinkicking goodness.

And I think thats about it... I wanted to hit a feature alterer, and could have had Infinity fix Ode's hair, but decided to just get the hairsticks since he was obviously really tired.

I'm also really bummed I missed the recharger, Lin's scabbard ran out of bless charges just last week :/

Ren

Shari
11-15-2005, 12:16 AM
a pair of iridescent moonstone hairjewels

She has hip-length champagne blonde hair that slithers down her back in sharply kinked waves.

some cube-cut peridot prayerbeads threaded on a thin eahnor rope chain

You tap a swan-carved rosewood harp, which is in your right hand.

look harp
Carved from a dark, finely grained rosewood, this exquisite harp suggests a regal swan rising to flight. The gracefully sweeping neck forms the pillar craning upward to the finely molded head set with two onyx eyes. Powerful wings sweep back to form the soundboard, each pinion accented by pale ivory etched in a fine feather pattern. Strings of translucent glaes rise to the dark rosewood neck, accented with tiny diamonds on each tuning pin, like stars in a night sky.

You tap your faceted bloodjewel censer.

Crafted from many bloodjewels seemingly melted into a single, incarnadine-faceted gem, the scarlet facets hold vague images of sharp teeth hidden within the shadows of the jewels while the highlights appear as a sinuous, slinky mass of tentacles. Swaths of emerald have been layered across the bloodjewel surface of the censer, each curling and swirling in lazy, sultry patterns around each tiny perforation that allows incense to flow through.

Had a scripted Dhu cloak deepened. Pity its uglier than sin and needs to be altered.