PDA

View Full Version : Wah Wah Wah -- Damn Those Merchants!

ElanthianSiren
11-13-2005, 08:35 AM
I snippetted this hillarious log earlier. Is it just me, or do merchants bring out the catty? OMG! I didn't get work done! I HATE EVERYBODY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Springs 'N' Things, Back Room]
A pair of eahnor candelabrum casts a warm glow across the room and flanks the brass-trimmed doorway that leads back into the front of the shop. A fluffed corduroy couch stands in each of the room's northern corners, offering a comfortable place to rest or wait. A woven cotton mat has been set before a small furnace, placed to protect the polished plank floor. Inset into the back wall is a sturdy oak counter, its surface covered with an organized collection of metals, springs, needles, and thread. You also see a brass-framed mirror, a small sign, a thin spidersilk banner hanging over the doorway, a Sproink scroll and a large sign.
Also here: Akiromora, Nasupel, Freeden, Jadall, Exttior, XXXX
Obvious exits: none
Akiromora just arrived.
>
Akiromora gazes in wonder at her surroundings.
>
Akiromora asks, "You guys are still waiting here for him? Did he ever show?"
>
l akir
You see Akiromora Wintersnight the Master Fletcher.
She appears to be a Dark Elf.
She is taller than average. She has dark-rimmed amber eyes and dusky skin. She has very long, unkempt deep red hair with a white streak running through it. She has tall upswept pointed ears. A deep scar circles her throat with jagged lines radiating down her shoulders and back.
Her face is concealed by a featureless grey mask with a golden Lumnis symbol set into one cheek.
She has a lustrous golden ring in her lip, a lustrous gold ring in the middle of her nose, a thin gold bar in her right eyebrow, a thin gold bar in her left eyebrow, a series of tiny golden rings set along the slender tips of her pointed ears, a tattooed symbol of Lumnis on her wrist, and a golden scroll tattoo on her wrist.
She is in good shape.
She has a thin vultite shard stuck in her neck, and a thin vultite shard stuck in her back.
She is wearing a silver linked-hearts locket, a brilliant white crystal pendant, an encircled gold scroll symbol, a gold-bound sleek onyx choker, a grey soft silk robe, a silver-edged ora unity armband, a golden Lumnis symbol, a scroll-shaped Lumnis pin, some fine light grey gloves with the symbol of Lumnis stitched into each palm, some simple grey linen robes with an encircled golden scroll on the back, a corroded copper charm bracelet, a braided wire bracelet with sharp mithril barbs, a gold scroll-etched flask, some black and grey linen leg-wraps, and a viciously barbed leather whip.
>
XXXX says, "He did."
>
XXXX says, "Now, tell me."
>
XXXX asks, "How can I get some of those shards?"
>
XXXX peers quizzically at Akiromora.
>
* Cog just bit the dust!
>
Akiromora says, "Of course he showed after I left, after waiting all that time. I said I wouldn't wait for those idiots any more, and this just seals it."
>
Akiromora begins to twitch.
>
Akiromora says, "And you get someone to kill you."
>
Akiromora glances at XXXX.
>
XXXX ask, "Do they go away eventually?"
>
XXXX frowns.
>
Akiromora says, "No."
>
XXXX beams!
>
Akiromora rolls her eyes.
>
Akiromora says, "Everyone tries to copy everyone."
>
Akiromora waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.
>
Akiromora just went through a brass-trimmed doorway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why I found this funny -- this chick is acting like she's the first person ever to think subcutaneous piercing is interesting or she's unique. Stacey would have been all over that, I bet, as would many in the game.

-M

Liberi Fatali
11-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
l akir
You see Akiromora Wintersnight the Master Fletcher.
She appears to be a Dark Elf.
She is taller than average. She has dark-rimmed amber eyes and dusky skin. She has very long, unkempt deep red hair with a white streak running through it. She has tall upswept pointed ears. A deep scar circles her throat with jagged lines radiating down her shoulders and back.
Her face is concealed by a featureless grey mask with a golden Lumnis symbol set into one cheek.
She has a lustrous golden ring in her lip, a lustrous gold ring in the middle of her nose, a thin gold bar in her right eyebrow, a thin gold bar in her left eyebrow, a series of tiny golden rings set along the slender tips of her pointed ears, a tattooed symbol of Lumnis on her wrist, and a golden scroll tattoo on her wrist.
She is in good shape.
She has a thin vultite shard stuck in her neck, and a thin vultite shard stuck in her back.
She is wearing a silver linked-hearts locket, a brilliant white crystal pendant, an encircled gold scroll symbol, a gold-bound sleek onyx choker, a grey soft silk robe, a silver-edged ora unity armband, a golden Lumnis symbol, a scroll-shaped Lumnis pin, some fine light grey gloves with the symbol of Lumnis stitched into each palm, some simple grey linen robes with an encircled golden scroll on the back, a corroded copper charm bracelet, a braided wire bracelet with sharp mithril barbs, a gold scroll-etched flask, some black and grey linen leg-wraps, and a viciously barbed leather whip.
-M

What are those shards, curiously? Are they similar to arrows? That is, if someone attacks you with one, it will stick into you? I've never seen a 'shard-like weapon' like that before, though.

StrayRogue
11-13-2005, 08:56 AM
They are a thrown weapon.

ElanthianSiren
11-13-2005, 08:58 AM
I have no idea. The question piqued my curiosity as well, but I wasn't about to say a thing after she answered. :lol:

-M

Liberi Fatali
11-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
They are a thrown weapon.

Aha. Thanks.

I've never seen her in game before, but she did come off as quite pompous in the log. You're right that everyone seems to get a bit irked when merchants are about -- myself included, hee.

Fission
11-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Those shards are from the shard/sliver making boxes sold/raffled on the Wavedancer. Never pictured them as a fashion statement, though.

Ilvane
11-13-2005, 11:16 AM
I waited around for Sproink too, just happened as soon as I walked out to make dinner he showed..ah well..

It's a game folks, lighten up..it's not the end of the world!!

hehe

:down:
-A

The Ponzzz
11-13-2005, 05:32 PM
She bothers me IG

HarmNone
11-13-2005, 06:11 PM
She might as well announce she has a thin vultite shard stuck up her ass! Get a grip, woman! :rolleyes:

Skirmisher
11-13-2005, 07:00 PM
I have to admit Sproink ticked me off too when he changed rooms mid session.

I was way too slow in finding out where he went and where as before he had been working on room order and i had been there for almost two hours he changed and went to a list format.

It was simply incredibly frustrating to me to waste the little time I get to play waiting in a scrolling room for nothing, when it seemed I had had a good chance to obtain merchant services only to have the rules change mid stream.

Kainen
11-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I understand the frustration.. Infinity made a list.. and I was lucky to get on it. Then he decided to say it was a fake list and got rid of it. I was a lil upset considering I was lucky to get on it the first time due to the amount of people in the room. Sharlatta then spun for 5 people and I got lucky again.. so when Infinity brought back the list, I didn't bother to try again hehe.

Asha
11-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Did you get the alter you were waiting for after all, Kainen?
That's some frustrating stuff.

Kainen
11-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah.. she slightly deepened the toy-satchel I got and made it wearable. I was more than pleased