PDA

View Full Version : Hyjal Viridian Watch

Wezas
11-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Can anyone explain to me waht the FUCK just happened to the guilds and who is going where in small words so I can understand?

I logged in today, saw my brother was online, switched to guild list, and saw 3 people. None of which was my brother.

He tells me to look at the Guild Message of the day, it says to ask two people for an invite to Stormwatch.

So I go check out the boards and This guy is going here and This guy is staying and I'm totally fucking lost.

Also I checked the Viridian boards and there's two guild roster lists. One for VV, one for SW.

And I'm on neither, FTL.

Artha
11-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Seriously...wtf, VV!?!!?!??

Numbers
11-12-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure what the fuck happened.

Thursday there was an officer's meeting, and it went well enough. Plans were laid down to make raids more fun for everybody, especially the regulars. Recruiting plans were laid down, as well as plans for other activities. Officers were told to take a more active role and lead their own raids, everyone agreed, and everything was hunkydory.

I go out Friday night, and I log in Saturday morning, and everything's been shot to fuck.

I'm still unclear what went down. From what I understand, Kaed received an e-mail or something that spurred him to head back to Stormwatch, but I haven't been able to verify anything, and Kaed seems mature enough not to react so rashly to a single e-mail. But the people at the SW forums revoked my board access (and apparently everyone elses from HP, including officers) before I could even see what had gone on or what sort of explanation there was.

I know that Til will be out of action for a long while due to illness (best wishes if you're reading this, buddy), so Winnoa is currently the leader of VV. But, at this point, a lot of people have already left for SW. Barton, Rosabel, Vantin, and Riverrat off the top of my head. Lomoriond left for Epic Freedom Fighters, and Harklon's joined up with Twilight Covenant.

Personally, I'm not planning on doing any guild hopping, mostly because there's no point since my account is expiring soon and I barely play anymore. If anything, I'll just run around unguilded for my remaining time.

I still have a character that's an officer in HP, so if you want to rejoin that guild, I can send out invites. But really, it's up to you. You can either join SW (I was never much of a fan of the merger as a whole), stay in VV and see where it goes, or I can invite people back to HP and give people officer status so they can handle invites and/or recruiting once I'm gone.

It's a shame things happened like they did, and I still don't have a clue why or how it all happened. Like I said, everything seemed just fine on Thursday. But all the merger seemed to accomplish is destroying HP. Since a lot of the old HP people have already left for SW, I'm trying to figure out what the whole point of abandoning VV was, since it's pretty much got all the same people anyway. As far as I know, there was never any political bullshit going on, so I don't think it was a control issue.

But since they were so quick to take away our board access, I'm thinking something else went down.

Wezas
11-12-2005, 11:16 PM
I'd be up for joining HP if we can get a decent player base.

Drew2
11-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Well, the guild was one of the only reasons I ever played much. You feel pretty bored when there's no chatter going on and you just quest and grind and stuff. If the guild fell apart, I probably won't be coming back anytime soon. The only reason I played on AD was because I knew several of the people there from GS or here. If they're all doing their own thing... I dunno. It sucks.

Numbers
11-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
I'd be up for joining HP if we can get a decent player base.

The problem right now is that SW ended up stealing a bunch of HP players, so even if we did end up trying to revive HP, there wouldn't be many people on. Pretty much all of our healers, warriors, and mages are gone.

And I agree with Tayre that one of the only reasons I played was for the guild chatter. When we merged with SW, that kind of went away, as the SW folk weren't all that talkative, and didn't seem to appreciate our odd sense of humor. That's one of the reasons I didn't enjoy the merger that much.

In any case, if you wanna give HP another shot, just let me know in game, and I'll send the invites out. I'm not sure what hope there is, though, as I can only think of five to ten people who'd end up going back to HP, and one is out of action, one is rarely around, and one's leaving WoW.

Unless someone feels like doing some recruiting in GemStone to get some new GS blood on the server.

AnticorRifling
11-13-2005, 12:11 AM
One word:

<Me So Hordy>

Wezas
11-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
One word:

<Me So Hordy>

Alfster
11-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Musta just missed me

Odups
11-13-2005, 06:22 AM
Winnoa here:

I'm with Hadiar, was never into the merger anyways. And at the rate they were going with events, I felt like burnout was imminent compared to where we were in HP. I'd be inclined to go back to Hyjal and just do stuff independently with that guild title. To be honest, I've talked to Tyrio now and then about possible joining Enclave of the Bear just to have people around and less confusion altogether, and I'm sure he'd happily accept any people if they're looking for a good guild with decent playerbase.

For now, I'll stay in VV just because I don't want to pawn off the responsibility to whoever gets stuck with the Guild Leader position. I'd much rather disband it entirely since we're probably going to fragment anyways, but same deal; I'm not going to throw people out into the wind because Stormwatch pulled the rug from under us.

Izalude
11-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Here's what happened, and please keep this away from the Stormwatch leadership, as they'll interpret things differantly, and I don't want this to turn into a pissing contest between the former leadership.

I was the Co-Leader on paper, but really I never truly was a co-guild leader with them. I was more like a junior officer. I was never involved in any sort of decision making with them. Getting a schedule change, for example was like drawing blood from a turnip. It took a huge fight, and Ziel didn't want to comply. The guild was led by Ziel, who was controlling Kaed. If you were at the Officer's meeting, you could hear her through Kaed's microphone telling him exactly what to say. Yet... If you look at the former officer chain, she was supposed to be like 4th or 5th down the rank.

At the officer's meeting, I didn't want to single Ziel out in front of everyone. I didn't think it was appropriate... So I sent a private e-mail to Kaed expressing my concerns about Ziel, and that I felt she had too much power over scheduling, and she was the real guild leader... And instead of addressing the issue, he pulled all of Stormwatch out to reform their guild. This way, he wouldn't have to worry about any 'power sharing' with Hyjal people. He and Ziel would be the undisputed leaders of Stormwatch, and they could pass everything on without consulting everyone else.

So I quit Viridian Vanguard. I'm not looking for any new guild or anything like that. I'm not even supposed to be playing WoW for a bit, until I recover. If you guys want to reform Hyjal, you're welcome to it. I'll reinvite you guys back, but I don't think we'll be able to restore it to it's former glory, as about 75% of the guild left to join Stormwatch.

Kevin
Player of Tilartis

[Edited on 11-13-2005 by Izalude]

Parkbandit
11-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Wow. That really sucks.

So, Hyjal is completely gone now? You didn't even keep one member there to hold the name?

Izalude
11-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Hyjal still exists, though it's mostly filled with alts just to save the guild tag. One of my alts that I never play is the current guild leader. Since I can't log in my alt to invite my main, Tilartis is currently unguilded.

Numbers
11-13-2005, 02:24 PM
I've pulled Hadiar back to HP, and Wezas is back there as well, and we both have invite powers, so anyone who wants back in just needs to get in touch with us. The problem, as has been said, is that a lot of former HP'ers joined up with Stormwatch. I don't know if they did that intentionally... I think some of them were confused with the original message of the day. It first said to see Kaed or Ziel to join SW, so they might have thought we were just changing guild names. I later changed it to "see Kaed to join SW, otherwise stay in VV," and now it says, "See Hadiar or Greye to join HP, see Kaed to join SW," but it's probably too late. This confusion was probably also bolstered greatly by the fact that Ziel revoked ALL of the former HP'ers board access almost immediately, and didn't even leave a general info post in their public access folder, so a lot of us didn't have a clue what the hell was going on.

I don't know if any of the former HP'ers would come back. I know that Vantin, Harklon, and Lomoriond are gone for good. I'm not sure about Barton, Rosabel, or Riverrat. It's not like SW ever had a stable player base to do their own instance runs anyway. From my understanding, that was one of the primary reasons for the merger. But, I'm not sure if all their claims of remaining friendly with HP are legit, as they've passed by me in IF without a word or a wave, and they're not on the fedsh channel.

I've always liked Kaed, but I was never much of a fan of Ziel. She was way too controlling for sure, and a bit of a bitch to boot. But I put up with it, mostly because I couldn't care less. But I was fine with all of the other SW members (except maybe Gimlat), so it's a shame that because of one overreaction on their part everything was torn apart.

In any case, when my account expires, I'd rather my guild tag say HP instead of VV.

[Edited on 11-13-2005 by 3704558]

Skeeter
11-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I wasn't sure what to do either. I really had no desire to join up SW after the way we were treated. I also knew that we had lost a substantial amount of key players to SW. If we reformed HP it was going to be a super casual guild, which in itself isn't bad, but I knew that if I went back to doing pretty much all pugs all the time I'd burn out soon, and find myself in the same place as Hadiar.

I knew that TC was a raid group that was regularly downing Rag, and that I still had 80 dkp's with them, and their previous problems with items seemed to be cured, it didn't seem like such a horrible fit.

I will really miss the social aspect we had, and I'm hoping I'll be allowed to keep a couple of my alts in the HP (I know this is traditionally against the rules) so that I can log in and socialize with you all. I really have no desire to cut ties altogether, and it seems silly to do so over a game.

I have no hard feelings, and I really had high hopes for the VV as a whole. The things Til mentioned aboue Ziel were spot on. I don't understand why she just didn't run the guild in the first place.

In summation, Please don't kick my alts out of the guild :)

Artha
11-13-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm up for rejoining HP...I'm not really looking for 40 man raids because I just don't have that kind of time. If there're people there, it will be good.

Wezas
11-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow, definitely clears things up Til. And I hope you're doing alright.

I'm basically staying in HP until the majority of HP decides it best to either merge with another guild or go our seperate ways.

I don't have huge chunks of time to spend on raids. I'm perfectly happy doing 5-man Baron or BRD raids and helping out younger guildies in their questing/gear.

I have no ill will towards any HP person who went to Stormwatch. Except for Vantin.

Him I made rake leaves with me at my house for a few hours today.

Adhara
11-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Everyone loves Magical Trevor... even if he sleeps with the enemy!

I had a number of frustrations with the merger which I mostly kept to myself in a (large) effort to make things work out.

I felt like Kaed and Ziel were the King and Queen of their chessboard, dictating around all their little peons. They preserved a democratic facade by asking for opinions but in the end, it was Kaed justifying his initial plan, showing us how we were all so wrong, and it always ended up being like they had planned from the beginning.

More than once I have been amazed that the SW people didn't seem to see this and just obediently stood by like good little soldiers. It even crossed my mind that they were all the brainwashed sheep of some cult leaders. Extreme image? Perhaps but I had it all the same.

I'm a bit shocked that Kaed reacted like a sulky kindergarten kid but I still think he's a good guy. I found them all to be very nice and fun people on a personal basis but I just wasn't happy with the guild management.

Lomoriond
11-14-2005, 12:02 AM
I was never into the merger myself (as was probably very evident by the sizable vacation I took slightly before this break up)

From the very beginning of the forming... i had to do a lot of "settling" for things I was unhappy with... A favoritism loot system... a guild bank I was required to contribute to, but unable to use... no control whatsoever of where and when we raided...

The thought of joining stormwatch where none of the old HP officers were even in a position to TRY and gun for me.... just made me giggle with anticipation (NOT)

As i understood from Tilartis' post (which apparantly most people had their board access rights revoked immediately and didn't get to see) he was benched for 90 days and said "either join SW or find your own means"

At which point, I took an invitation from EFF thinking HP would not be reforming.

As of now, I do my MC raiding with WW (guild alliance that EFF isn't even a part of-- so my guild doesn't matter) but i'm rather enjoying the substantial player base of EFF and don't currently plan to return to HP.

Of course, I'm always open to fill in for a raid at any time you need me... unless you're like the arrogant asstards at stormwatch who think if you're not in the guild officially, you're a completely worthless human being.

Wezas
11-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Well, anyone unhappy or unsure of where to go, Hyjal Protectorate has an open door policy and we'll keep it as democratic as possible.

Artha
11-14-2005, 12:07 AM
When do you usually play, Wezas?

Wezas
11-14-2005, 12:21 AM
At night, usually 10-11pm until 1-2am EST.

On the weekends it's sporatic, but basically the same times.

Lobster
11-14-2005, 09:01 AM
It was pretty easy to tell the officers meeting wasn't going very well on Thursday night; however I didn't think it would lead to the demise of V.V.

I was stunned like most when I check out the guild message of the day when I logged in on Saturday...the watched as everyone logged in, /gquit and joined Stormwatch. Has anyone spoken to the former HP members that joined SW? I can see how the former HP people might have been confused by the message of the day and joined them...who knows.

I guess HP is back and I assume it will have a tough time doing much of anything, since losing both tanks and 2 of the 3 main healers to SW. How many are back in HP so far? I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but it won't be joining SW...I just don't have the same goals, hours or "have to run end-game content" mentality they do. I like running ZG and MC, but it's been hard lately for me to commit that kind of time at that time of night.

Maybe I'll just level up a horde alt so I can actually PvP without 1 hour queue times. This friggin sucks.

PS. I hope you're feeling better Til. Take care of yourself and get back to WoW when you're able to.

Wezas
11-14-2005, 09:11 AM
HP is slowly gaining it's speed back. I did a "who" on Stormwatch and definitely saw some old HPers. I hesitated in whispering to them because I wanted to be careful in my wording so that I wasn't making people feel guilty or obligated to come back. And I want to let them know that we most likely aren't going to be a "huge guild" doing "lots of end-game runs". In my mind if we get to the point where we can gather 20 people together at one time to do a raid that will be a hell of an accomplishment.

I think right now we need to concentrate on rebuilding. Bring in some young blood and be as helpful as we can at getting everyone up to cap. That's one of the major complaints I've heard on multiple servers of the guilds I've been in.

Lobster
11-18-2005, 02:48 PM
{cross-posted from the HP forum}

Bart, Rosa, Ror, Vantin and a few others have gone over to SW. I think Hark joined TC, Hadiar is probably quitting WoW, Lomo joined another guild, Til is taking 3 months off and I would assume Nyte isn't going to be around nearly as much. That's 8-9 people that were among the 12-15 HP regulars. Not much left it seems.

I love everyone that's in HP, but I'm going to take a look around and see if I can find a guild that does PvP and has a late night presence for PvP and instances. I'm not sure what I'll find, but any time you have need of a rogue don't hesitate to look me up. If I can't find something that fits me, I might just put Settium in semi-retirement and focus on a Horde alt I have been leveling some.

- Settium

PS. Please update the status of the guild from time to time.

Anebriated
11-18-2005, 04:21 PM
How has WoW turned out for you all? Guild splits aside.

Wezas
11-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Still entertaining.

I started as a Paladin, got into my mid 40's and got bored. My pally is still in his 40's

After the pally I started a rogue. TONS of fun. plus alot more action oriented than right-clicking once. He's capped and capped leatherworking/skinning/first aid/fishing

Started numerous other classes, none gotten past 16

Jumped over to Dunemaul recently and picked back up on my 21 rogue. Started up a warrior who's now 20. And he's a blast too. PvP is alot more exciting too.

Anebriated
11-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Arent they planning on raising the level cap now? And have they changed the PvP at all? I hated it before.

Wezas
11-18-2005, 04:32 PM
No real changes to PvP except now there's the honor system - in which you can get some decent items if you PvP enough (and are decent at it).

The level cap won't be till the expansion which is next year some time. It'll be bumped to 70. If you liked PvP at all, I'd suggest joining Dunemaul and we'll take you into Me So Hordy. We have a blast and most of us are so young that you'll likely catch up in no time.

Anebriated
11-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Appreciate the offer but I'm hooked on Dark Age of Camelot at the moment. Much less of a pve grind to get to cap(50) and better PvP imho.

Wezas
11-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I went DAoC for a while. I didn't like the interface and other things about the game. I had a friend in game who leveled me up a ways, so I may have had a tainted experience. It just seemed uber-boring to me.

WoW was alot easier to pick up - because I was used to playing Diablo 2 and things were very clear. Starting on a carebear server, I really wasn't much into PvP (except in Alterac Valley) - but after taking my rogue to duskwood & redridge and ambushing random people for fun, I was hooked.

Killing quest-giving NPC's of the other faction was also fun, though it resulted in dishonor points (oh well).

Anebriated
11-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, you definately get a distorted view of the game when you use the regular user interface and get a powerlevel. Did you ever get a chance to pvp in DAoC?

Prosperanna
11-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Well, I'm sorry to hear about the guild breaking. *sigh* I'll probably end up rejoining HP once I get my computer back.

Izalude
11-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, it's not a total wash. We've got two healers now.

Numbers
11-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Kaed made a fun little post on our forums. Wondering what he was doing there in the first place.

Odups
11-22-2005, 05:36 AM
Well, I told you they might come visit to check out the dirt. Of course it's not surprising they try to make themselves look innocent. But no matter what Kaed or Ziel want to say, it was a shitty move. And I don't know how he couldn't figure out who "spiteful control-freak of a bitch" referred to, LOL!

Wezas
11-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Winnoa, where did you end up going?

Lobster
11-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I emailed Kaed with my thoughts. I'm interested to see if/how he responds.

- Settium

Skeeter
11-22-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm sure he'll try to spin everything to make him look like the good guy.

Dude must be a lawyer IRL

Lobster
11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
I hope he doesn't try to spin it.

Numbers
11-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Eh, he already tried to spin it with that post he made, which was most likely discovered by Ziel and written primarily with her input. The fact that one if his launching points was the fact that I never contributed as an officer kind of shows he had no firm ground to stand on, considering I let them know straight up from the beginning of the merger that I wouldn't be able to participate that much.

And, chances are, they've already made their attempts to make us (or me) look like the bad guys in their private forums, as I noticed that Rosabel and possibly Barton have removed themselves from the fedsh channel.

What I find amusing is that he didn't even bother trying to rebuke any of the points I made in my reply to him. He just pulled out one little quote, got his last word in, and ran away like a little child.

AnticorRifling
11-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Best thing to do when this happens is join <Me So Hordy> in my opinion.

Wezas
11-22-2005, 12:59 PM

Worked for me, though I'm going to try to even out some of my time between the two servers. I want to do a few deadmine runs on Argent Dawn to help out some of our lowbies.

Wish someone would do something similar on Dunemaul.

Lobster
11-22-2005, 01:08 PM
[i]
And, chances are, they've already made their attempts to make us (or me) look like the bad guys in their private forums, as I noticed that Rosabel and possibly Barton have removed themselves from the fedsh channel.

I haven't been in communication with any of the old HP or SW people. I've seen some of them in IF and waved or cheered and...nothing. I'm not sure if this is just coincidence or if there's something else going on.

Either way; if I don't get a response from Kaed in the next few days I'll have my answer.

Izalude
11-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Let us know what he has to say.

Skeeter
11-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Anytime I'm on, feel free to send me a whisper or whatnot. I'll happily team up with any of the old HP people.

Odups
11-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Winnoa is back in HP. I hope I stay there for good as far as I'm concerned. If I find the time to do any raiding or whatnot, I'll do it freelance with our own damn guild tag. Stupid drama!

Wezas
11-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Is Argent Dawn showing up for anyone? Last night and tonight it hasn't been.

AnticorRifling
11-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Wezas

Worked for me, though I'm going to try to even out some of my time between the two servers. I want to do a few deadmine runs on Argent Dawn to help out some of our lowbies.

Wish someone would do something similar on Dunemaul. \

I would if you were ever around. Tried to do a WC run for Me So Hordy the othernight but no one was around except for the lvl 30+ crew. I'm also going to be feeding gear down the ranks of MSH, we're starting to do alot of SM runs and I'll start dropping items to lower lvl guild members.

Wezas
11-23-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm on from about 11pm til 1-2am usually.

Gotta get everyone to bed so as I'm not interrupted.

crazymage
11-23-2005, 10:37 AM
i wont be around much this week/weekend for MsH but ive offered to run people through mc w/ gallon my shaman, just no ones on all together

Skeeter
11-23-2005, 10:44 AM
AD is working fine Wezas. perhaps when SW kicked you out of their guild they also kicked you out of the server. You're now officially on Blackrock