PDA

View Full Version : OHE and brawling/no AS or SMC?

heisagoalie
11-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Basically thats the question...i'm toying with the idea of having either a little better magic with scrolls and sharing, or being able to voln fu? Which is better? I mean, I can already hit undead with my OHE, so wouldn't voln fu be redundant? but SMC is practically worthless, but i can't brawl without giving that AND arcane symbols up...please advise

Celexei
11-10-2005, 09:47 PM
It sounds kinda like you answered that yourself...go with whatever option you think is better for your own personal goals. It sounds like you can do fine with the OHE, don't waste the points in brawling if your doing well without it, unless you want to brawl and fu. Go for Redux. That is all.

Drew
11-11-2005, 02:46 AM
I've made it 50 levels with no share and no scrolls, I plan to make it another 50 without it too. I'd rather have combat skills over utility 9 time out of 10.

heisagoalie
11-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Hmm...think I can get away with singling, slightly more than singling brawling? I think I'm running out of TP

Stunseed
11-11-2005, 06:01 PM
If the undead is your primary target, I'd go with Voln-Fu. There are quite a few Rangers who use just that and thrive. If you use Voln-Fu, there's also no reason to Stalk/Hide, or Ambush, unless you want to put a hook-knife in something's eye. My ranger has 24 ranks of SMC, just for convience.