PDA

View Full Version : Training for silver hunting

Celexei
11-09-2005, 09:32 PM
So I'm gonna be rejoining the wonderful world of Elanthia sometime in the next few days....:D and since I can't afford it really, I've decided to bring my rangeress back in and have her cash hunt so I can pay the bill with the skins and such that she gets. Last I remember she was in her mid to high 20's and I believe I'm gonna have her down in Illistim hunting. She's a sylvan using two handed weapons and I'm just curious how I should change up my plan to be maximumly effefient for cash hunting. I figure this will allow me to make the cha ching as well as level her up a bit too. What weapon style would be the most beneficial? Should I go with shield and Ohe and forget my hiding and go heavy in dodge? I'd really like to keep the hiding and all, cause its a big part of the character, but for right now I just want to get back in and play...anything! So if someone could let me in on a good plan for a cash hunting ranger, please do! Stats and Skills preferably, also wishing to know good skins for her age to go after and where they are located. Thanks!
~*Cel*~

Wuxong
11-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I would suggest that you are a great skinner and make imbeds very well. I have, in the past, seen sacks of 90 mana rods sell for a decent price.... Skins is the fastese way but if yah hunt train making blank imbeds is a good side project...

Celexei
11-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Is it possible to be well trained in both skinning as well as blank imbeds?

Wuxong
11-09-2005, 10:02 PM
I think you could swing both but maybe not at your train.. I would do what I could in skinning and do the imbeds.... Nice rods are very usefull. I know my wizzard will buy them off you....On the other hand pumping more skinning wil get you more coins with less merchanting.. I am not sure about the imbeds for my ranger doesnt do anything special to make imbeds .. I am not even sure to what skills you would want to pump to further making blank imbeds...

Celexei
11-10-2005, 12:35 AM
So as far as that goes, sounds like at my train it would be well to focus on the skinning primarily. I believe I remember that survival and first aid are equal in the impact on skinning. Should I work on maxing both of those as well as trading so that I can get the best value out of my skins or does trading have anything to do with selling skins? Also what would be recommended as far as the first part of skinning...killing the stuff. Any help with stats and skills would be marvelous.

Drew
11-10-2005, 01:10 AM
If you want to be a very good skinner, pick up 2x survival and 1x first aid. Between that and your skinning spell, you'll be set. For trading, I'd just pick up 6 ranks to get a 1% bonus plus activate whatever influence bonus you may have.

For good skinning, form is key. Kneel, get a dagger out, and use that to skin with. I have a little script that does all that for me.

Celexei
11-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Yeah I had made a nice script for skinning at one point that did all of that for me before I took my pause. You wouldn't recommend training past the 6 ranks of trading though?

Drew
11-10-2005, 01:20 AM
If you have the points, can't hurt.

Celexei
11-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Is there a list of how the benefits of the trading skill affect in game?

Drew
11-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Celexei

I bet you anything Latrinsorm has the chart saved, maybe U2U him.

AnticorRifling
11-10-2005, 02:13 PM
My skinner is 3x FA, 1x survival, 2x trade, 100 INF and an elf for racial bonus to selling in Illistim. He's a healer though. The potential for making bank is out there.

StrayRogue
11-10-2005, 04:24 PM
I have the trading bonus calcs at home. I'll post em tommorow or whenever I do eventually return. It's something like you gain a percentage of the skill bonus in +/- % when buying selling.

Kitsun
11-10-2005, 04:37 PM

For buying and selling:

[(Trading BONUS) + (INF Bonus)]/12 = % Discount/Bonus

Celexei
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun

For buying and selling:

[(Trading BONUS) + (INF Bonus)]/12 = % Discount/Bonus

Cool cool, so does that work the same way when you are selling just in reverse ?