PDA

View Full Version : dunemaul - PC Guild?

Alfster
11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
So I just started playing WOW again and i'm wondering if there's still a guild on Dunemaul and if ya'll are still taking members?

I couldn't bring myself to play on the RP server again...

Trouble
11-08-2005, 01:07 PM
There are two.

The main one is Hounds of Rexxar, but they're not taking anyone these days (unless you're already over 40, have a mount, and are a druid or priest).

There's also a Anticor's lowbie guild, Me So Hordy.

Some Rogue
11-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Hounds of Rexxar is the guild. Kinda limited on classes we're accepting though. Our website is here with the membership info.

www.houndsofrexxar.com

AnticorRifling
11-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah I made the guild "Me So Hordy" with my priest, Dysentery, for my friends since they couldn't get into the hounds. Real small guild but we are classy :cool:

Wezas
11-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Props to Anticor for making another PC guild. I understand you don't want the Rexxar guild to have a bunch of lowbies in it, but limiting classes when it's PCers?

Seems a bit rude. Or maybe PB just doesn't have the pull he once did when he ran the Fury.

CrystalTears
11-08-2005, 01:15 PM
It's no longer just a PC guild. We merged with other guilds.

AnticorRifling
11-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah the hounds isn't really a PC only guild any more. It's large and in charge and they wanted to prevent it from becoming one of those huge guilds where you don't know anyone, which I agree with. They basically closed the recruiting on anything but healers since we still need a few more high lvl healers (me not being one as I'm only a lvl 40 druid [all feral])

Me So Hordy is basically the little brother of the Hounds, once you get to lvl 40, get your mount, you've got a real good shot of getting if comming from Hordy. I don't tend to let anyone in that I don't know or know of for that reason, I don't want to be a floodgate for people trying to get into one of the bigger end game guilds.

You can find Dysentery or Anticor on most nights send me a message and I'll invite you. If not look for Talladar or Athlor they are the other two officers with invite powers. They might be like "who the hell are you" but I'll let them know that we might be having a few requests from my Player's Corner people :cool:

AnticorRifling
11-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Side note Me So Hordy is really only PCers and people I work with, there might be about 4 people total in the guild that don't fit that catagory so if you want in just let me know.

And given the name Me So Hordy the ranks are:

Pimp Master
Junior Pimp
High Price Ho
Street Meat
Gutter Candy

If these ranks offend you I'd love to say I'm sorry but I'm not because they are hilarious.

[Edited on 11-8-2005 by AnticorRifling]

Wezas
11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
That being said I think I'll head over to Me So Hordy and leave HoR. I'm only 20 and a rogue so I double-don't fit in.

Alfster
11-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I'll check for ya the next time i log in

Alfee - Rogue.

Alfster - Druid

[Edited on 11-8-2005 by Alfster]

Parkbandit
11-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
That being said I think I'll head over to Me So Hordy and leave HoR. I'm only 20 and a rogue so I double-don't fit in.

I told Alorg not to invite a newbie carebear.. but he didn't listen. Sorry you don't fit in, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Eat that bitch.

Tsa`ah
11-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Well to be fair, how can we not exclude those from the PC and exclude those associated with members that merged from other guilds?

I would like to invite most of the PC crowd, but in the end it wouldn't be fair to you or existing guild members if you chose a class that we're over loaded on.

The council had to make a decision and most of us feel it was the right one. We're one of the largest guilds, horde side, on Dunemaul and we didn't want the big guild rep or the big guild problems. On top of that we're running end game raids and we have people waiting to get in those raids. How fair would it be for anyone if you got to 60 with a rogue and when you wanted in on these raids, were told to sign up and hope someone didn't show or someone left early?

The fact is simply that healers are in short supply and every other class and spec is at an abundance. You can't run end game instances without healers and you can't run them with an abundance of rogues and warriors who aren't exactly specced for groups either.

We've even had people claim to not want in on end game raids, they just wanted to PvP. Yet, if you think about it, what if their intentions changed down the road (after they realized that many of the alliance guilds in the battle grounds were running with epic sets from end game instances), do we just say ok and bump someone that has been doing the raids for a few months?

There isn't a way to be 100% fair no matter what you try. What we did was fair for those already in the guild. There wasn't anything snobbish about it.

Wezas
11-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey, I understand if PB couldn't handle the guild and needed to merge to be able to have someone else manage his people.

I'm not here to judge.

Alfster
11-08-2005, 03:14 PM
I don't see that as snobbish at all.

Hopefully by the time I get my druid up you'll still be accepting people.

Tsa`ah
11-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Chances are that if you spec for healing, there will be room so long as you don't develope a bad rep.

AnticorRifling
11-08-2005, 03:46 PM
What char are you Tsa'ah?

Sean of the Thread
11-08-2005, 04:03 PM
T'sah plays that female night elf named "Paris" I'm sure you've seen his char around.

AnticorRifling
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Naw knowing him he's gotta be a hunter.

Tsa`ah
11-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Kagg ... and yes, orc hunter.

AnticorRifling
11-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Lol holy crap I didn't know you were Kagg. Too funny.

Blazing247
11-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Speaking of HOR, how far have you guys gotten in MC/BWL? The guild I was in was farming MC when I finally quit Dunemaul, but HOR was kinda new at that point so I'm interested in knowing the progress timeline of an upstart guild.

Trouble
11-08-2005, 04:44 PM
We've done MC up to Rag, no BWL yet.

Parkbandit
11-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
Hey, I understand if PB couldn't handle the guild and needed to merge to be able to have someone else manage his people.

I'm not here to judge.

Sure you're not Judy...

hectomaner
11-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Blazing247
Speaking of HOR, how far have you guys gotten in MC/BWL? The guild I was in was farming MC when I finally quit Dunemaul, but HOR was kinda new at that point so I'm interested in knowing the progress timeline of an upstart guild.

edit: didnt see trouble's post.

you need to take down rag already, he's a chump

i'm gonna hit HoR with an unimpressed

[Edited on 11-8-2005 by hectomaner]

Blazing247
11-08-2005, 07:24 PM
I've actually heard that Rag is easier now than when we took him down initially a few months ago. Whether that's just perception, or a bug fix, I dunno, I haven't raided in awhile.

Silvanostar
11-09-2005, 02:50 AM
i'll have to agree and say rag seems to have gotten easier. part of it is from all the gear my guild's been getting from bwl, but another part of it seems like rag's aoe knockback doesnt seem to actually knock people back.

AnticorRifling
11-09-2005, 06:21 AM
HoR will take down rag soon. Right now the only thing holding them back is FR gear, they are farming that pretty hard and once the majority are good to go on fire resist it's go time.

AnticorRifling
11-09-2005, 02:10 PM
FYI, if you're trying to get into Me So Hordy send a tell to either Dysentery, Talladar or Athlor, you can also send Anticor a tell and I'll log dysentery in to take care of it. We might ask some questions probably best to just let us know that you know me from GemStone or the player's corner.

Tsa`ah
11-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Lol holy crap I didn't know you were Kagg. Too funny.

What's so funny about that lowbie?!

Originally posted by hectomaner
you need to take down rag already, he's a chump

i'm gonna hit HoR with an unimpressed

You can be unimpressed all you want. The hounds are a combination of smaller guilds wanting more success than they could have achieved independently. We have very few members that joined the ranks after the mergers. So there are very few of us that walked into a pre-existing guild that had success before us. I'm even willing to bet that over half of our members (not including alts) have only been members of their original guilds before the mergers.

Though we would like to get some server firsts under our belt, we're working on getting everyone up to speed and equipped for the full MC run. As it stands now we have gone from co-opped runs with another guild where it took us 2 hours just to get to Luci and take him down, all while having some incredible wipes on trash mobs, to running through up to Rag, without a wipe in under 6 hours.

It's just going to take a few more practice runs at rag until we get down the strat and gear before we run MC like we run a 10 man UD strath.

Gear is the biggest concern right now, but most of us have been complete FR farming sluts for the past week and I wouldn't even blink twice if Rag went down this friday. Our previous runs at him have been littered with one hit kills due to lack of FR. Last attempt we had just slightly more FR than before and were able to drop him to the 60-70% mark.

Originally posted by Silvanostar
i'll have to agree and say rag seems to have gotten easier. part of it is from all the gear my guild's been getting from bwl, but another part of it seems like rag's aoe knockback doesnt seem to actually knock people back.

I would say that's the gear. We still get knocked back if we don't get out of range fast enough. Hunters having the longest ranged attacks are just within knock-back range if they're marksman specced with 3/3 in hawkeye. I had to take two steps back to avoid the knock back and was able, if that's possible, to resist 2 out of 6 that caught me before I could back off.

[Edited on 11-9-2005 by Tsa`ah]

AnticorRifling
11-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Wezas has now joined the ranks of Me So Hordy. Be it known he has been granted the prestigious rank of High Priced Ho, please treat him accordingly.

Wezas
11-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Wezas has now joined the ranks of Me So Hordy. Be it known he has been granted the prestigious rank of High Priced Ho, please treat him accordingly.

Luckily the question to get into the guild was one that was easily know.

Answer: Mazda

Parkbandit
11-10-2005, 08:47 AM
fuckers.

AnticorRifling
11-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Lol so true. I was all ok there is a quiz to gain entrance to Me So Hordy

Me: What kind of minivan does PB drive?
Wezas: ROLF
Wezas: mazda
Me: In it to win it

Sean of the Thread
11-10-2005, 10:27 AM
I thought he drove a hectosexual CRV now?

Hips
11-29-2005, 03:45 PM
*bump*

So is there anyone around at the moment to give my n00b an invite? :(

crazymage
11-29-2005, 04:01 PM
i'll log in an invite

AnticorRifling
11-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Ohh yeah I gave Sergey invite powers since he's on earlier than the rest of us. Just gives people more of an opportunity to get in. Remember as long as you answer the minivan question with Mazda you should be good to go. That or say Parkbandit is so old he was there when Jesus fed the masses.

Hips
11-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I didn't even have to answer a question. :D

Wezas
11-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
I didn't even have to answer a question. :D

Serg is not keeping security up.

hectomaner
11-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Xyelin
I thought he drove a hectosexual CRV now?

fucker

crazymage
11-29-2005, 04:58 PM
she has nice titties no questions needed

Sean of the Thread
11-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
she has nice titties no questions needed

:yeahthat:

AnticorRifling
11-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Yup we're classy all right. Classy with a strong emphasis on Assy :cool:

Drew2
12-17-2005, 06:23 PM
After this update finishes, I'll need an invite.

Anyone around?

crazymage
12-17-2005, 09:01 PM
some of us split from me so hordy . personality conflicts (XYELIN VS VOYNA). dont know who can invite there anymore, our new guild is uber small no ones ever on.

Sean of the Thread
12-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by crazymage
some of us split from me so hordy . personality conflicts (XYELIN VS VOYNA). dont know who can invite there anymore, our new guild is uber small no ones ever on.

I personally had no problem with anyone but I was deemed a little offensive in guildchat.

The split is out of love for Anticor and to save him some greif. Us GS's are a lil hardcore I guess.

Drew2
12-18-2005, 01:16 AM
Come back to Me So Hordy.

I'll take care of everything.

Alfster
12-18-2005, 05:44 AM
I don't forsee that happening.