PDA

View Full Version : KoRn!

The Ponzzz
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Anyone hear some of their new stuff or see the video?

<3

Mistomeer
11-08-2005, 01:26 PM
No, and thank God I haven't.

Terminator X
11-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Don't only pre-pubescent white girls with laces in their shoes listen to k0l2!!111one?

All jokes aside, I don't think I've heard one of their songs since that wack-ass music video documenting the life of a .22 slug :?:

- TX

The Ponzzz
11-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Blah... I been a fan since 1991. This single rocks! Eaten up inside!

Bobmuhthol
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
<<Don't only pre-pubescent white girls with laces in their shoes listen to k0l2!!111one?>>

The answer is seriously yes. The guys who listen to KoRn are just as big pussies as the girls.

I still laugh every time I think about threatening to kill some girl who kicked me for insinuating that KoRn sucks. Obviously, I won, and she was scared.

Asha
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
I think they're amazing.
The new stuff is cool by me, man.
I'll probably just be reinforcing my emo'ness by stating this but I love em!

Czeska
11-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Wow, if I were in HS.. and Bob threatened to kill me... I"d just laugh my ass off.

Oh right.. Korn. I've heard one song ever, didn't care for it.

The Ponzzz
11-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Czeska, swing music will never be in. I know that's when you were in yer mid 30s, but come on now...

And yea. Skinny white kids never scared me in HS...

Skirmisher
11-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
Wow, if I were in HS.. and Bob threatened to kill me... I"d just laugh my ass off.

Oh right.. Korn. I've heard one song ever, didn't care for it.

True, to both. :yes:

Czeska
11-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Skirm, could you kick Ponz's ass for me, I've had a long day. Thanks doll.

Skirmisher
11-08-2005, 08:42 PM
I'll get Siren and Satira right on it. :cool:

The Ponzzz
11-08-2005, 09:13 PM
I am the winn0r

peam
11-08-2005, 10:03 PM
hahahahhaa.
you have horrible taste in music!

Drinin
11-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Korn should've quit after Issues. The new single sucks ass.

Artha
11-08-2005, 10:21 PM
KoRn should've quit shortly after formation.

The Ponzzz
11-08-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry I don't listen to dead rock, I mean classic rock and the Pussycat Dolls:thumbsdown:

11-08-2005, 10:45 PM
KoRn is absolutely terrible. They sucked so saidd.

- Arkans

The Ponzzz
11-08-2005, 10:55 PM
:die:

Wuxong
11-09-2005, 10:26 AM
One of the guys from Korn is a jesus freak now.. There was an article in Maxime about it.. He has Jesus on his knuckles so he "remembers not to masterbate"...

The Ponzzz
11-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Yea www.headtochrist.com

ElanthianSiren
11-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Here is what I hear when someone plays Korn:

"Wah wah wah... my daddy molested me. Wah wah wah... my life was so horrible. Wah wah wah... other kids hated me. Wah wah wah... if I wasn't such a coward I'd kill myself and do the world a favour" -signed, Johnathen Davies.

-M
(hates Korn)

The Ponzzz
11-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey everyone is entitled to an opinion, but what do you all like to listen to?

StrayRogue
11-09-2005, 06:08 PM
I saw them live a few months ago. They weren't all that good. Back in the 90's however...

Leetahkin
11-09-2005, 06:12 PM
A few of their songs are allright.

First band that comes to mind much better is Linkin Park.

ElanthianSiren
11-09-2005, 06:20 PM
I like a very very big array of bands and artists from classical (albinoni's Adagio) to Punk (NOFX, Vandals -- per quote), to classic rock (basically, anything my dad listened to when I was growing up -- Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Zepp, Uriah Heap etc) to hard theatrical metal (Cradle of Filth) to 80s stuff (Blondie, The Cure, The Cult) to Industrial (KMFDM, Cruxshadows) to chick metal (Theatre of Tragedy, Lacuna Coil etc -- no evanescence cuz amy lee is a whore that needs to go suck a dick and die), to stuff like Cold or Acid Bath. I will listen to anything once. I simply don't care for Korn, especially not their lyrics.

-M

Bobmuhthol
11-09-2005, 06:25 PM
This should give you a pretty good idea of what I like, since you're so interested.

Latrinsorm
11-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by The Ponzzz
but what do you all like to listen to? The Queen of Speedmetal: Avril Lavigne. \m/

Linkin Park are worse than Korn because (somehow) they are more popular and therefore have their "music" played more often.

Warriorbird
11-09-2005, 07:20 PM
The Queen of Speedmetal: Avril Lavigne. \m/

Here I thought she was only arguably the Princess of Skate Pop.

:snickers:

Back
11-09-2005, 07:20 PM
One of the dudes in the band went born again, right? Not that thats bad or good.

Flash in the pan though. I liked them. But not as much as the kids I’ve seen with KoRn tattoos. Ugh.

Blazing247
11-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I've never understood why some people have such animosity towards popular, mainstream BANDS, calling them untalented or "sell outs".

I've been playing guitar for nearly a decade now. I truly wish that I could make ANY sort of living from that, but I can't. I respect all musicians (read: people who write their own lyrics and play their own instruments), whether I appreciate their music or not. If they can make money and appeal to the "mindless" masses while doing what they love, more power to them.

I enjoy listening to Korn every once in a while, just as I enjoy listening to all the "cool bands" like Black Sabbath, Skynyrd, Led Zep, etc. My favorite band of all time are The Beatles, I'd have to say. Heck, I don't care for country all that much but I have some Garth Brooks on my playlist because he's got some good songs. Marvin Gaye, Elton John, Billy Joel, Gordon Lightfoot, Radiohead, Kenny Rogers (LOL!), Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, they are all on my favorites playlist, too.

I don't get what makes people think a band is "cool" or not. I guess making a lot of money and having a lot of radio time makes you a crappy, untalented band that only sissies listen to? And having a band that only 15 people in the world have heard of somehow makes you so "musically cool and hip"? What, you've never heard of The Grabasses, the band that plays in my friends basement? Dude you're so not cool, I guess you only listen to mainstream "sell out" music.

In short, hate people like Britney Spears, Ashlee Simpson (how the fuck does she still have a career?), the boy bands, Puff Daddy, and the TRUE no talent assclowns that steal their music or are merely mouthpieces for record label drivel. Don't hate the bands that do their own thing, write their own shit, and play their own instruments because they made it and you didn't. Not liking someones music doesn't have to mean trashing them as a band, cause hey guess what, I don't see a platinum record hanging on any wall with your name on it. And no, you don't get a platinum record for your 1 millionth self inflicted handjob, sorry.

Latrinsorm
11-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Blazing247
I don't get what makes people think a band is "cool" or not. Selling a million albums doesn't make a band cool. Similarly, selling a million albums doesn't make a band uncool.

Making spectacularly crappy music makes a band spectacularly crappy and worthy of derision. No amount of record sales changes this. Further points are lost for soulless performance and catering to the lowest common denominator (or "selling out").

Bruce Springsteen is on the radio constantly. This does not make him a good artist. Bruce Springsteen creates music as well as anyone who has ever lived, and is one of the greatest performers of all time. That's what makes him a good artist.

Music is a form of expression. This does not mean any collection of noise meant to express an emotion is music, and no amount of desire on the part of the performer can change this.

Asha
11-09-2005, 07:53 PM
The idea is to play what's important for you.
Eventually people decide for themselves what's 'cool' and what's not.
When has everyone in the world ever agreed on anything regarding music? The point is, play what makes YOU tick.
If you make a ton of cash becouse of it, it doesn't mean a thing except you'll be blown by hot chicks much easier.
I, personally think Latrinsorm should listen to more Deicide.
He'll appreciate life much more if he did. :)

ElanthianSiren
11-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

I don't get what makes people think a band is "cool" or not. Selling a million albums doesn't make a band cool. Similarly, selling a million albums doesn't make a band uncool.

Making spectacularly crappy music makes a band spectacularly crappy and worthy of derision. No amount of record sales changes this. Further points are lost for soulless performance and catering to the lowest common denominator (or "selling out").

Bruce Springsteen is on the radio constantly. This does not make him a good artist. Bruce Springsteen creates music as well as anyone who has ever lived, and is one of the greatest performers of all time. That's what makes him a good artist.

Music is a form of expression. This does not mean any collection of noise meant to express an emotion is music, and no amount of desire on the part of the performer can change this.

:heart: Eric. I had to go play "I'm on Fire" cuz you said Springsteen.

-M

StrayRogue
11-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Good post Blazing, I agree with pretty much it all. Elitism is something that creeps it's way into music all the time, especially in the alternative scene. Everyone has their own perspective and everyone is their own all-singing, all-knowing music facts God. I gave up arguing who was good and who isn't along time ago.

Asha
11-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I dispise Bruce, but 41 shots is still one of the most amazing and touching songs of all time.
Plus Nils Loftgren was in his band before he made it on his own.
Before he saw sense.

peam
11-09-2005, 08:11 PM
CURRENTLY ON THE PLAYLIST!!!

Acid Mothers Temple
Afghan Whigs
Animal Collective
Biz Markie
Bob Dylan
Camper Van Beethoven
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Chatham County Line
Flaming Lips
Gang of Four
Iggy Pop & The Stooges
MF Doom
Motorhead
Mountain Goats
Neil Young
Odetta
Pavement
Ryan Adams
Talking Heads
Tom Waits
Uncle Tupelo

Blazing247
11-09-2005, 08:38 PM

So only vocal and instrumental expressions which you find personally appealing are considered real music? Thanks, I'm gonna go tell all the wannabe bands to run their stuff by you first to see if they have a shot at stardom. You know, cause what you just said is a tacky and verbose way of saying "if I don't like it, it's not music".

Blazing247
11-09-2005, 08:39 PM
And P.S., goddamn you for liking the Boss, too. BTW his concerts are simply f'in amazing, you should take one in if you have the chance.

Back
11-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by emperor peam
CURRENTLY ON THE PLAYLIST!!!

Biz Markie

Bob Dylan
Camper Van Beethoven
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Gang of Four
Iggy Pop & The Stooges
Neil Young
Talking Heads
Tom Waits

Damn, how can you possibly have all those together?

peam
11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Sheer awesomeness.

Latrinsorm
11-10-2005, 10:25 AM
cause what you just said is a tacky and verbose way of saying "if I don't like it, it's not music". I disagree.
BTW his concerts are simply f'in amazingI agree wholeheartedly. Now he just needs to tour with the E Street Band again, and my life will be 66% complete.

11-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Camper Van Beethoven and Tom Waits.. Good stuff.

Radiohead is also incredible tho.

- Arkans