PDA

View Full Version : Whisper Update!

Stunseed
11-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Dateline 11/7/2005: WHISPER UPGRADE

The WHISPER verb has been upgraded with several options. You may now WHISPER IC, WHISPER OOC, or WHISPER VISIBLE. Type WHISPER to see the updated usage.

IC whispers, which are the default if no type is specified, display as they did previously.

OOC whispers are clearly marked as being OOC messages from the player behind the whispering character.

VISIBLE whispers display the act of whispering, though not the content, to the entire room. The target player will also see that the whisper was visible to the room except in the case that they were whispered to using Whispering Willow. Characters may not visibly whisper to another character who treats them with a cold or reserved demeanor. As a side effect, whispering visibly to yourself now produces room messaging to that effect.

This mechanical change does not imply a change in our policies. For the time being, whispers continue to not be subject to the prohibition against out of character actions. However, we encourage players to restrict their out of character conversations to OOC whispers from now on.

END NEWS ITEM

Brilliant move. I enjoy this verb alot.

Kainen
11-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I like that idea.

Sean of the Thread
11-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow excellent... why that wasn't implemented any sooner in the last 10 years however I do not know.

Chastittee
11-07-2005, 10:35 PM
WOohooo! Now lets see how many actually USE it

Stunseed
11-07-2005, 10:38 PM
(OOC) Stunseed's player whispers, "I hate you."

Visible...

Stunseed leans over and whispers, "I hate you."

Sean of the Thread
11-07-2005, 10:38 PM
>whisper Chastittee "You can't spell chastittee with out TITtEE.. now show me your tits"

[Edited on 11-8-2005 by Xyelin]

Fallen
11-07-2005, 11:06 PM
This actually came from a recent player suggestion. It could have been made many times in the past, but I saw one incarnation of the request responded to by a GM as a good idea.

Sean of the Thread
11-07-2005, 11:09 PM
(OOC) You quietly whisper to Dessedemona, "Xyelin don't do hugs.. dumb ass