PDA

View Full Version : It's official T.O. is O.u.T

Sean of the Thread
11-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Immature fuking idiot.

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens can take his touchdowns and dance somewhere else.

The tempestuous star receiver won't return to the Philadelphia Eagles this season -- or probably ever -- because of "a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time," coach Andy Reid said Monday.

Mistomeer
11-07-2005, 07:21 PM
You can't go around punching the Badassador and expect to keep your job.

Gan
11-07-2005, 09:13 PM
I wonder who will pick him up... I would say if, but I'm sure someone will, unless the league bans him indefinately... then there's always Canada!!!

Alfster
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
my fantasy team is now screwed.

Wezas
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
So who's picking him up? Green Bay or the Texans?

:lol:

Stunseed
11-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Farve and T.O. FTW!!!one :stupid:

Gan
11-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
So who's picking him up? Green Bay or the Texans?

:lol:

I've been very reluctant to get involved with the Texans. I'm still an Oiler blue fan. If the Texans would even consider picking up this idiot then they'll never get me to one of their games. Nor will they catch me watching them.

Sean
11-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Despite his poor season, mainly injuries and a gimp at qb, Andre Johnson is still a freak of nature at WR

AnticorRifling
11-08-2005, 08:09 AM
There is no I in team but there is an I in dick.

Parkbandit
11-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. I can only hope that no other team picks him up.. but that's not likely. Some stupid owner will give him another chance next season.. and a year later will regret it.

Stunseed
11-08-2005, 10:55 AM
< Some stupid owner will give him another chance next season.. >

Synder will prolly try to get him. :barf:

Parkbandit
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I doubt it. The only team I can actually think of is Atlanta. Owens could make Vick actually look like a good QB for a couple games.. until he started talking smack about him.

Stunseed
11-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I thought I had heard T.O wanted to test drive Atlanta, too. I dunno, though, I think someone is desparate enough to get him. I think of the great times that would happen if he went to the Giants.

Latrinsorm
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Eli Manning would totally whip TO into shape.

And then maybe a unicorn would fly out of my ass and Robin would join a convent.

edit: Seriously though, the TO-Shockey slugfest would be fun to watch.

[Edited on 11-8-2005 by Latrinsorm]

Stunseed
11-08-2005, 11:59 AM
< Seriously though, the TO-Shockey slugfest would be fun to watch. >

Tom Coughlin would elbow TO in the throat.

Sean of the Thread
11-08-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd have to say TO would crush shockey.. the guy is a freak of nature. I don't think Eli could whip shit into shape yet either.

Sean
11-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Hahaha to TO in Atl. This is the same guy who constantly bitched about Garcia's throws being off target and Vick while having a strong arm can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Showal
11-08-2005, 03:29 PM
After reading about TO's brawl in the locker room, I could only think of the jamaican guy in belly after people break into his house and he shoots them. "WHO WAN TEST ME? HUH!?"

Skeeter
11-08-2005, 03:38 PM
loved his agent's press conference today. what a :penis:

Kefka
11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
I keep on thinking about that commercial with Strahan. The fan taunting him about the cowboys... I can see T.O. in Strahan's path.

Czeska
11-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Does this mean they'll stop showing those really awful deodorant commercials?

"Red rover, red rover! Let T.O. come over!" :gun to temple:

Chaddy
11-08-2005, 04:33 PM
T.O. am the man. Anyone that's able to play that well is more detrimental to the team suspended than he is playing with them as a loud mouth and an individual. If the Eagles(Who I do like as a team, and have for a while) are ignorant enough to let him go I hope to hell the Raiders get him.

Skirmisher
11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Chaddy
T.O. am the man. Anyone that's able to play that well is more detrimental to the team suspended than he is playing with them as a loud mouth and an individual.

No.

DeV
11-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Chaddy
T.O. am the man. Anyone that's able to play that well is more detrimental to the team suspended than he is playing with them as a loud mouth and an individual. If the Eagles(Who I do like as a team, and have for a while) are ignorant enough to let him go I hope to hell the Raiders get him. If you've ever played on a team, which I'm hoping you have you will know that an individual of that caliber can demoralize a team from the inside. No matter what his talent may be. Sure, he is an expectionally talented individual. He just needs to learn to stfu, play ball, and make his millions. Sure he may prosper elsewhere but I'm sure the Eagles management are glad to be rid of him.

Warriorbird
11-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Maybe he could be on a revolving circuit...like a special service to beat up annoying quarterbacks.

Sadly, the NFL isn't pro wrestling, no matter how much he wants it to be.

Parkbandit
11-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Owens is too stupid to be allowed in the NFL. They guy bitched about his contract.. but had he simply shut his fool ass mouth and shut his fool ass agent's mouth.. he would be King of Philly and making tons in endorsements.

Instead.. he's crying on ESPN to come back to the Eagles. Like I said.. I hope his NFL career is over.

Warriorbird
11-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Sad.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/11/08/bc.fbn.eagles.owensfutu.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Gan
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
And yet the story still keeps going... and going... and going...

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson called the Philadelphia Eagles' punishment of Terrell Owens "much too severe."

Jackson said in a statement released Friday that Owens could have been more professional when he publicly complained about his contract, his team and the Eagles' organization.

But Jackson said Owens' suspension without pay for four games and deactivation for the rest of the season is "much too severe for the charge" and hurts the athlete's NFL career at its height.

The civil rights activist said the level of punishment could have been warranted if Owens had been caught shaving points, selling drugs, carrying a gun or fighting fans without sufficient restraint.

THE REST OF THE STORY (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/11/13/owens.jackson.ap/index.html?cnn=yes)

Anyone else find this ridiculous? You know its a slow media day when this happens.

Where was Jackson when Pete Rose was banned :?: .

Sean
11-13-2005, 10:11 PM
While I think you comparing betting on your own team and bitching about your team in the media is rediculous I'll agree that Jesse is just opening his mouth to extend his 15 minutes.

Anyway I'm more interested in the player unions ruling than I am what he has to say. I think even if the arbitrator rules to shorten his offical suspension and that the eagles have to treat him like a normal player for deactivation meaning allowing him to practices and use of the team facilities that the eagles will find some other way to deal with him theres no way he can keep his mouth shut long enough to not give them a reason to suspend him again.

Gan
11-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Yea, the Rose analagy was a reach. :(

I was understanding the ban to be because of the fighting in addition to the running off at the mouth which originally warranted a less punishment.

Either way, the fellow needs to seek some inner maturity and find that inner child and kick its little ass.

Sean
11-14-2005, 12:30 PM
From what I understand the Players Union can't dictate in anyway how a team activates and deactivates it's players but that the CBA says deactivated players have to be treated like an active player. Theres are tons of players who never get to see the field. But the Eagles have banned him from all team activities and resources during that time. Even deactivated players get to use team facilities (whirlpool, weight room, tape room, etc.) and the Eagles don't even want him near the team in those spaces.

I mean I don't think TO honestly cares that much about being able to practice near the team etc. but I think he thinks that the Eagles want so little to do with him that they'll release him (which is what hes wanted for awhile now) if he wins and he can play somewhere else this season.

That and he can recoup the 800k he'll lose in a 4 game suspension so he can feed his starving family who never tells him they love him.

[Edited on 11-14-2005 by Tijay]

Anebriated
11-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Miami, Dallas and Denver are the top 3 projected 'interests' in TO. Ill open the door for him on his way out.

Skirmisher
11-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Let him go and if another team wants to pay a huge sum for what amounts to cancer that temporarily looks good I wouldn't stop them.

Latrinsorm
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
I'd take 100 yards in the Super Bowl and then drop him the next year, who wouldn't? Non-guaranteed contracts, baby!

Sean
11-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Let him go and if another team wants to pay a huge sum for what amounts to cancer that temporarily looks good I wouldn't stop them.

Because that would be dumb when Dallas' owner has said he'll take TO. As much as I hate TO as a person and am glad hes not on my team I have to say I agree with the eagles in not letting him play this year especially with another team in their division.

Tsa`ah
11-15-2005, 07:07 AM
It's a smart move on the Eagle's part as Tijay pointed out. If they let him go, he becomes the opposition ... and he is damned good.

Deactivating him just ties his hands. He can't go anywhere and he can't play. They could do this for the extent of his contract, barring any clauses that prevent it, or union/league intervention.

I'm sure it will cost them a ton of cash to keep him off the field for however long his contract is, but I think it would serve as a good wake up call to the league's other problem talents.

[Edited on 11-15-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Ilvane
11-15-2005, 07:22 AM
..as the Eagles keep losing without him.

Brattt8525
11-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Oh yes being without T.O was the reason the Cowboys won last night. It was McNabbs pass that Roy picked off that got the Cowboys rejuvenated scoring 2 touchdowns within 21 seconds.

Go Cowboys.

Ilvane
11-15-2005, 07:36 AM
:clap: Love my Drew!!

Brattt8525
11-27-2005, 03:06 PM
I really hope Jerry was drunk when he said this......

NEW YORK (Nov. 27) - The Philadelphia Eagles have filed a tampering complaint against the Dallas Cowboys after Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested on a radio show that his team is often interested in players such as suspended wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Sean
11-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
I really hope Jerry was drunk when he said this......

NEW YORK (Nov. 27) - The Philadelphia Eagles have filed a tampering complaint against the Dallas Cowboys after Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested on a radio show that his team is often interested in players such as suspended wide receiver Terrell Owens. '

Why would he have to be drunk he took on MeShawn and a disgruntled Galloway.

Sean of the Thread
11-27-2005, 04:48 PM
<3 Galloway.

Meshawn wasn't all that bad by bitch standards but he is still a bitch.