PDA

View Full Version : 20m for Sale

bubbauno
11-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Selling a few coins just in time for Ebons..

20m for 300.

Contact me at bubbauno@aol.com or at bubbauno on AIM.

Thanks,
Tsin

[Edited on 11-4-2005 by bubbauno]

The Ponzzz
11-03-2005, 06:40 PM
I just really wanna know. Do people HONESTLY buy in 100+ silver quanities? It really boggles me when I see people show that. Not just Tsin...

I mean $1,200 is alot for silvers....

Asha
11-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Ponzzz, that's pocket change for some who professionally play this game.

Hulkein
11-03-2005, 06:45 PM
1200 dollars isn't much for a big hobby if you're making six figures a year.

If I ever get back into gemstone when I graduate (not that I'll be making six figures) I'll probably buy a character and coins just so I can dick around with them.

Ilvane
11-03-2005, 06:57 PM
If Anyone has 1200 extra bucks to spend, I'll gladly be a charity case for you.;)

That being said, I want that much silver..if I could afford it..lol

-A

The Ponzzz
11-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Well i don't make 6 figures. And... Even if I was even thehead of this company I work for, I still wouldn't have 6 figures, still close, and the 1200 still seems like a lot.

Hulkein
11-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Do you have a family/kids to take care of? That can make it seem like a lot more, heh.

1200 dollars isn't much for a single person working full time with an education. Look at how much some other hobbies cost. 1200 dollars worth of coins is basically going to benefit you for as long as you play Gemstone, which can be for years.

Funny, I used to always wonder how some people spend that much, and I don't think I'd ever spend 1200 even if I was going to buy coins, but looking at how much it costs for one night at the bar or a weekend down the shore, I can see how it really isn't too much for die hard GS players.

The Ponzzz
11-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Yes I have a child and lose 17% of my income no matter how much I make.

Terminator X
11-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Buy some of his silver ... and then buy my pin-worn vest I put up for sale to store all your wonderful goodies you wish to horde from the festival :yes:

allen
11-03-2005, 09:22 PM
If you're single and spending $1,200 on an on-line game, maybe you need to take a good look at what your life has become. No offense to anyone.

The Ponzzz
11-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Well if you convert GS to being a hobby and look at what people spend on street racing and gambling, then 1,200 to the single well paid person is nothing...

Jayvn
11-04-2005, 12:02 AM
If I had the 1200 to blow on bullshit I'd probably buy some coins..after a few more tattoos anyway..

TheEschaton
11-04-2005, 01:25 AM
1200 dollars isn't much for a single person working full time with an education. Look at how much some other hobbies cost. 1200 dollars worth of coins is basically going to benefit you for as long as you play Gemstone, which can be for years.

This is how I justify paying for a premium account every month. $40? That's like, 2 hours at the bar, and since I don't drink, why the hell not? Therefore, if I ever wanted to buy something in GS and didn't have the silvers (like Fremie's Arkati symbol), I'd consider shelling out a few $$ to get it.

Besides, like someone mentioned, if you play GS professionally, like some people do, you can make mint on a good deal.

-TheE-

Drew2
11-04-2005, 02:22 AM
There is no way to justify spending $1,200 (in a lump sum) on a text based game.

Sorry.

Edit: I say text-based, but I pretty much mean ANY computer game.

Edit2: If you make enough money for that to be "chump change", your hobbies should not include playing a text based RPG. You should spend $1,200 on a gym membership or something. If you have time for GS, you have time to do something useful with $1,200.

[Edited on 11-4-2005 by Tayre]

FinisWolf
11-04-2005, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Terminator X
Buy some of his silver ... and then buy my pin-worn vest I put up for sale to store all your wonderful goodies you wish to horde from the festival :yes:

That 100 million would only buy me " 1 " toy, so I sure as heck don't need a pin worn container for it. :-)

Finis

FinisWolf
11-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by allen
If you're single and spending $1,200 on an on-line game, maybe you need to take a good look at what your life has become. No offense to anyone.

Allen, before you speak, be sure to think first. I don't always do that myself, but its a good thing to try and learn.

As Ponzz already pointed out, $1,200 for a hobby is nothing. Hell, I spend roughly $200.00 a month on GS, not including any events.

Originally posted by TayreThere is no way to justify spending $1,200 (in a lump sum) on a text based game.

Sorry.

Edit2: If you make enough money for that to be "chump change", your hobbies should not include playing a text based RPG. You should spend $1,200 on a gym membership or something. If you have time for GS, you have time to do something useful with $1,200.

If MOST folks have that to spend, who says they don't have gym memberships, who says they don't do a dozen other hobbies, whos says they don't (on and on and on) ... ???

Just food for thought.

Finis

[Edited on 11-4-2005 by FinisWolf]

Skirmisher
11-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
There is no way to justify spending $1,200 (in a lump sum) on a text based game.

Sorry.

[Edited on 11-4-2005 by Tayre]

Your opinion is noted and I'm sure given very little import by those who decide that it is their business how to spend discretionary income.

FinisWolf
11-04-2005, 03:04 AM
:rolleyes: :lol: :cool:

Finis

Fallen
11-04-2005, 08:35 AM
I've considered it.

The nice thing about GS is some things never lose their value. 10x DB is likely to be as worth as much as when you buy it, if not more.

And yeah, the game could end, membership is going down, blah blah blah. We will all be here 5 years from now saying the same thing.

[Edited on 11-4-2005 by Fallen]

Hulkein
11-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Tayre

Why can't you play Gemstone as a hobby if you have money?

Plus, if you have enough money you can have both coins (or whatever) and a gym membership...

Tromp
11-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Define what professionaly playing this game means and consists of for the unprofessional illiterate.

Trouble
11-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Why can't you play Gemstone as a hobby if you have money?

Plus, if you have enough money you can have both coins (or whatever) and a gym membership...

Yeah really. It is kinda scary how much disposable income you can have as a single professional... Some people blow it on a $600 per month car payment, others on a $2800 a month mortgage, and still others on games...

If those people are willing to spend $1200 on a game and actually have the money to do so, good for them! It's a win-win...

Trouble
11-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Tromp
Define what professionaly playing this game means and consists of for the unprofessional illiterate.

It simply means grinding for coins and/or merchanting items to the point when you can sustain yourself in real life to some degree.

StrayRogue
11-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Its fucking retarded to say that it is sad to spend money on a hobby when the people saying it will invariably spend their own money in equally inane ways such as gambling, drinking, clothes, drugs, cars, and other shit. What a person spends his money on is his own buisness.

Tromp
11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Trouble

It simply means grinding for coins and/or merchanting items to the point when you can sustain yourself in real life to some degree.

How much could be made on this GS business venture?

Sean of the Thread
11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Its fucking retarded to say that it is sad to spend money on a hobby when the people saying it will invariably spend their own money in equally inane ways such as gambling, drinking, clothes, drugs, cars, and other shit. What a person spends his money on is his own buisness.

Not in America. (sadly)

bubbauno
11-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Well all the coins are sold so everyone can stop bitchin..

Hulkein
11-04-2005, 01:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/dawkins/saddam.gif

kranfer
11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I am beginning to wonder that is Tsin made $5000 on selling his coins... if he paid the proper taxes on them to the US Government. ::ponders::

bubbauno
11-04-2005, 02:51 PM
I give it all away to charity or spend it straight from paypal before it gets to my bank account.. Why save when you can buy shit you don't need?

kranfer
11-04-2005, 03:38 PM
income is income...

Danical
11-04-2005, 03:54 PM
what I don't get is that people are spending 15 per mil when there are much better deals out there...

:shrug:

I sold over 100m to a single person. That 100m bought me about half of tuition for next quarter at my University... yay....

hectomaner
11-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by bubbauno
I give it all away to charity or spend it straight from paypal before it gets to my bank account.. Why save when you can buy shit you don't need?

exactly. aint it great bein american?

hectomaner
11-04-2005, 04:45 PM

over $200,000 in a year

Intrepid
11-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner

over $200,000 in a year

How in the world can you make that much?

Aaysia
11-04-2005, 06:25 PM
:lol: i'm lovin the saddam neck roll hahaha!

StrayRogue
11-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid

over $200,000 in a year

I imagine he was exagerating.

beef
11-04-2005, 09:45 PM
$1200? Peanuts... $100k single purchase in the game, Project Entropia.

http://www.project-entropia.com/StdContent.ajp?Id=2039.

Some people think it's marketing hype generated by Mindark, the company that runs PE. They also claim to have sold an island for $25k back in December '04.

Kriterian
11-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by beef
$1200? Peanuts... $100k single purchase in the game, Project Entropia.

http://www.project-entropia.com/StdContent.ajp?Id=2039.

Some people think it's marketing hype generated by Mindark, the company that runs PE. They also claim to have sold an island for $25k back in December '04.

The person that purchased the 100,000 space station in the sci-fi themed Project Entropia financed a quarter of it with previous in-game profits. He sold items in 2004 to bid on the island (which sold for 25,600 ) but he was outbid. When he refinanced his mortgage he decided to spend it on a virtual property that people would pay to use instead of a real property.

I remember when Project Entropia was first announced it and sounded like a neat idea. For those that don't know, it's a online RPG where in game items or coins can be converted into real cash and vice versa. There is also no subscription fee. I would have given it a shot if it was fantasy based but I wasn't in the mood for another Anarchy Online at the time.

Still, more power to the people that can afford to do that and folks have no right to belittle someone that spends their money on any hobby. And thats' what online gaming/investing is...a hobby like scuba diving, model trains, stamp collecting etc.

Heshinar
11-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Strip Clubbing is a fun but expensive hobby.

hectomaner
11-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Originally posted by Intrepid

over $200,000 in a year

I imagine he was exagerating.

no, i wasn't