PDA

View Full Version : Reports of a Lilting Whisper (?)

Hips
11-02-2005, 12:50 PM
A strange voice has reportedly been heard in all parts of Elanith. Described as being a lilting whisper, the voice follows a sensation of light-headedness, and speaks a strange riddle of rhyming verses.

No one has yet been able to determine what this pertains to, but leaders of all regions are said to be paying close attention to the development of this phenomenon.

"A journey far, and a journey wide,
A defiant race stands with pride.

On its surface, a glint of light,
Winking softly within the night.

Gentle dreams of lofty goals,
Bards bequeath forgotten scrolls."

This message was originally posted in Quests, Sagas and Events, General Discussions of Paid Events. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=12&topic=21&messag e=195

-------------------

So... any guesses as to what this will be? I'm definitely curious because it was posted in the paid events folder.

Asha
11-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I've no idea what this is going to be, but I hope I don't miss it as per usual.

Rysk
11-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Maybe there will be a pay event where people sail across the sea somewhere. Find a defiant race, and a new continent. I dunno, it's wierd... somethings not adding up.

StrayRogue
11-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Most likely something new for the quest whores.

Tromp
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
will wait for Jesae's comment on this

Viridian
11-02-2005, 01:14 PM
It's in the paid events folder? hmm

The Ponzzz
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
if it's a PAID for event, maybe an Erthi based quest going to their city? Maybe going to the Half Krol island as a quest?

But a paid for event, i would hope would be somewhat like the Black Swam or H4H. Not a HUGE RP experience that's just quest like. More like a merchant event based on puzzles and trivia...

Czeska
11-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Only thing I saw on the 2005 goals list that has to do with bards is the release of 1040, whatever that will be. But I can't see that going with a paid event.

drigore
11-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Three words. Official Tehir Documents.

The Ponzzz
11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
If they are making us pay for the Tehiri stuff, I hope who ever is reponsable gets a wire across the throat while they are GMing the event...

Jolena
11-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Got this just now..

A sudden wave of dizziness washes over you, and you begin to feel light-headed for a moment. As it begins to pass, you hear a lilting voice whisper underneath the noise of your surroundings:

"The distant cry of an avian's shriek,
Flames of sapphire, and an ivory beak.

In a crystalline house filled with flurries,
It eases your calm, and hushes your worries.

A time of joy, and a time of light,
Evergreen boughs filled with orbs so bright."

Czeska
11-03-2005, 10:46 AM
So... Something Thrakmasy?

Kitsun
11-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Snow elves are the defiant race?

Chelle
11-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Thrakmas Juggernaut. Gotta make up for Ebons being free.

Czeska
11-03-2005, 11:03 AM
no no.. unless Snow elves have beaks. :weirdthread:

Chelle
11-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Maybe they are flying in on penguins?

Amaron
11-03-2005, 11:09 AM
well it seems something may happen during the Feast of the Immortals.

We have been asking for more documentation on it so we can get folks away from Thraksmas..

Maybe this is the events teams way of introducing the official docs on the holiday.

Would be neat.

J

Shari
11-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Tromp

Uh why?

I have no idea what the whole thing is about but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.

....am I your hero or something?

<hugs self>

Tromp
11-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Jesae

Originally posted by Tromp
Uh why?
I have no idea what the whole thing is about but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.
....am I your hero or something?

<hugs self>

I seem to recall you like to participate in the quests and usually quite up to date on 'em.

Kembal
11-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Posted on officials:

New words rhymed by the lilting whisper have sparked a frenzy of interest in many across Elanith. Speaking of treasure and wishes coming to term, the lilting whisper has caused most treasure hunters from all regions to start preparing for whatever lies at the end of the these riddles.

No word could be reached from the leaders of the Elven City-States. Some have been reported saying that the Elves are planning something, and that they are involved in this strange phenomenon somehow.

"Those who seek are driven mute,
Eyes so wide to a bounty of loot.

Whispering thoughts answered firm,
Wishes and prayers come to term.

A parchment written with fate's own eye,
The luck of one will make you cry."

Miss X
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM
OMGOMGOMG. My powers of deduction lead me to a conclusion. w00tw00t.

SayGoodbye
11-08-2005, 12:17 PM
So spill already.

Czeska
11-08-2005, 06:06 PM
The only idea I had wasn't involving elves, soooooooooo Still clueless.

The Ponzzz
11-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Stupid hype....

kranfer
11-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by The Ponzzz
Stupid hype....

It may be stupid but once this event is opened, someone will become rich as I buy up silvers. Hehe.

No real ideas on what it is eh? I am hoping for a quest to the Sea City you see when you take the boat to Teras ::stares off into space:: reminds me of Istar in Dragonlance, when the group is stuck in the ruins of the famous city. Would be kinda nifty... But it'll never happen.

Kembal
11-09-2005, 11:45 AM
I originally predicted H4H on the officials, but someone just pointed out over there there's a bunch of items from the Auction in Plat that were QCed that haven't been released in Prime.

So best shot: Foehn's Promise.