PDA

View Full Version : 1st week of WoW

Apotheosis
10-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok, so I let a friend play the damn game when I wasn't around, but so far:

Lvl 18 Tauren Druid -> Dunemal
lvl 12 (i think) Undead Warlock -> Dunemal
lvl 15 night elf rogue -> Gilneas

I also had a chance over the weekend to spend oh, a wee bit of time with each of the professions and races..

Have to say, in the end, the Warlock is by far my most favorite char.

The quest system, while better than nothing, becomes incredibly repetitive, and makes me not like WoW.

Very well designed game though, lots of plusses, but, I can see this getting incredibly boring sooner than later.

Or does the real game start "at endgame"?

Sean of the Thread
10-31-2005, 05:05 PM
It is GREAT fun up till lvl 60.

crazymage
10-31-2005, 05:10 PM
i saw some alliance named Deeznuts the other day on Dunemaul. made me think of stunseed!

hectomaner
10-31-2005, 05:15 PM
it is GREAT fun after level 60

Alfster
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
I just started playing WOW again and this time I started on Dunemal.

Had a 40something warlock on AD before and they are a lot of fun.

Trouble
10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Yswithe
Ok, so I let a friend play the damn game when I wasn't around, but so far:

Lvl 18 Tauren Druid -> Dunemal
lvl 12 (i think) Undead Warlock -> Dunemal
lvl 15 night elf rogue -> Gilneas

I also had a chance over the weekend to spend oh, a wee bit of time with each of the professions and races..

Have to say, in the end, the Warlock is by far my most favorite char.

The quest system, while better than nothing, becomes incredibly repetitive, and makes me not like WoW.

Very well designed game though, lots of plusses, but, I can see this getting incredibly boring sooner than later.

Or does the real game start "at endgame"?

Actually, if you think about it, the quest system makes WoW MUCH less boring and repetitive than GS, where it's pure "grinding."

The real fun is in the 40's when people first start getting their really powerful talents. The 50's were boring for me. Endgame has a bit of both, mind-numbing grinding for reputation mixed with high-end instances and sick PvP.

Kefka
10-31-2005, 05:26 PM
I've been in and out whenever I had the time. Checking out the races and classes. It's nice but I usually find myself stuck after awhile. Being poor in WoW sucks. Any tips for a new orc hunter?

Some Rogue
10-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Kefka
I've been in and out whenever I had the time. Checking out the races and classes. It's nice but I usually find myself stuck after awhile. Being poor in WoW sucks. Any tips for a new orc hunter?

Two gathering professions and sell everything on the AH or just grind on humanoids and get their cloth to sell.

Ebondale
10-31-2005, 05:50 PM
As with most MMORPGs the biggest fun begins after level cap.

By the way, Shadow Priest > Warlock anyday. ;)

Jennaen
10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Endgame in WoW depends on your personal preferences. If you enjoy PvE, there's more than plenty of new things to see post-cap, but be prepared to spend an inordinate amount of time ingame on a regular basis, if you wish to see it. The majority of raiding guilds require a certain percentage of attendance on raids, and many raid most nights of the week, and on the weekends as well.

PvP in WoW is about taste, too. The majority of the PvP on Spirestone (granted, a smaller server) is only in the instanced battlegrounds, which bore me silly, after two years of DAoC and PvP whenever I wanted it. I hate WoW's idea of PvP. I hate waiting in line, for the system to hold my hand like a little kid and match me up with other folks to PvP against. The mechanics of PvP combat are fine (aside from those damned rogues stunlocking my druid!), but how they implemented WHERE and how you PvP stinks, IMO.

You probably haven't experienced much of the PvE instances just yet.. they can be a lot of fun, especially at higher levels. Not sure how active the battlegrounds are on the servers you're on, but you can enter them at low levels, as well (Warsong Gulch, anyway).

WoW can be very entertaining, for awhile. However, it does become repetitive, especially as you get a character to 60, and realize you might rather play another class, but are reluctant to sink the time needed into gearing up and gaining the various factions for another character.

Parkbandit
10-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Be a rogue or druid.

Sneak into a town.

Gank a little fucking gnome and watch him do a flip on the killing blow.

Tell me you're not entertained.

I could do that all day.

Skeeter
11-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I enjoy all parts of this game except the 30's.

AnticorRifling
11-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I enjoy my guild I started with my little priest for all my friends. Me So Hordy is the best guild name ever. That and once they get to lvl 35ish I can log Anticor back on and actually start hunting again.

Chyrain
11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
alliance rogue on gilneas? let me know when you're lvl 60 so i can pwn you :-)

Jennaen
11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
There's a guild on Spirestone called "Me So Hordeny". ;)

hectomaner
11-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Chyrain

we can tag team you ;)

err i mean we can tag team the rogue, yeah, thats it.

and sick lagmo on em, always enough to ruin someones day

Sean of the Thread
11-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner

we can tag team you ;)

Tag team as in fingercuffs? If so I'm down. Wait.. is it a chick were talking about?

hectomaner
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Xyelin

Originally posted by hectomaner

we can tag team you ;)

Tag team as in fingercuffs? If so I'm down. Wait.. is it a chick were talking about?

chyrain is, and i know she'll be down to get locked like fingercuffs :lol2:

Chyrain
11-02-2005, 01:56 AM
wtf is your avatar, dazmar...that's fucking ridiculously creepy in a child molester/gorfang way.

and yeah...roll horde on gilneas. seriously...just dont mess with the alliance on that server.

Parkbandit
11-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I enjoy my guild I started with my little priest for all my friends. Me So Hordy is the best guild name ever. That and once they get to lvl 35ish I can log Anticor back on and actually start hunting again.

You don't have friends. Liar.

You ARE planning on rejoining HoR once you get past 57 or so.. right? 2011 sound about the time that will happen??

AnticorRifling
11-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Anticor is still in the HoR, it's my priest Dysentery that I started Me So Hordy with. Won't you be like 105yrs old RL in 2011?

hectomaner
11-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Anticor is still in the HoR, it's my priest Dysentery that I started Me So Hordy with. Won't you be like 105yrs old RL in 2011?

wait, you mean PB isnt 105 yrs old now?

Parkbandit
11-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Fucking Ageists.