PDA

View Full Version : TWC Empath

AbnInfamy
10-29-2005, 02:00 AM
I asked on the official forums but everyone is so slow to reply there, I know the real hardcores that never sleep hang out here.

I have 3 days left for my training migration on my empath. Now my question is, has anyone ever successfully made a TWC empath?

This is my possible training plan:

1x Edge
1x TWC
1x CM
1x HP
2x Spell Aim (gotta have a backup)
2x FA
2x Spells (up to 220 first because my bolt DS is gonna be hurting with two weapons)

Thinking about picking up a flaring handaxe or shortsword and and I have a 4x dagger that flares up to 60 already. Would I just be wasting my time, or will I be able to hunt like this with the 80% single traing TWC penalty?

I'm on the fence right now because I really like the diversity I have right now with 1x edge, .5 shield and 2.5x spells, but my mana is so low I can barely make use of them.

Drew
10-29-2005, 02:40 AM
This should probably work until level 40-45ish. After that, couldn't tell you.

Gan
10-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Personally, I think, while original, it would be a waste if it were not for being able to have a fixskills every year. If you want to sling a blade, be a rogue or a warrior.

Your casting spells will far surpass your ability to swing once you're past your 40's. As any flatfooter would say, hard RT is your enemy... and swinging blades gives you plenty of hard RT.

Shield/OHE will give you the highest DS and a secondary attack form.

Brawl/OHE will give you the next highest DS and another secondary attack form, add voln-fu and you've got a third.

Runestaff/pure casting will give you the third highest DS but no secondary attack forms, and once your disarmed you're toast.

TWC/THE will give you the lowest DS and plenty of hard RT to be exposed to retalitory attacks.

In my opinion.

Apotheosis
10-29-2005, 10:22 AM
TWC empath would suck. If you really want twc, go with bard, rogue, or (for a challenge), Wizard.

StrayRogue
10-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Shield/Edged gives you the most DS.

Snapp
10-29-2005, 10:52 AM
I know of another TWC empath, Unsane. He seems like to like it, although I don't think he's gotten very old.

Latrinsorm
10-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Without armor and redux and with barely any EBP, it seems to me like any physical attack will toast you. Given that your offensive capabilities will also be subpar, I don't see how this could be a viable path.

That being said, if you want to do it, do it. If worst comes to worst, just fixskills out. No problemo.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-29-2005, 11:02 AM
or be a flatbottom in TSC :)