PDA

View Full Version : Finally able to join a ZG raid

Wezas
10-28-2005, 09:00 AM
As my time to do raids has been sorely limited (because with the kid I don't usually have 3+ hour chunks) I was happy last night when I was invited into the raid. I only signed on to tell Tilartis something, but the kid and wife were just put to bed, so I figured "why not?".

We got our asses kicked. Big time. We didn't get past the bat lady. She wiped us at least 5 times, though a few times we got close.

Me being a rogue, I tried to do as some suggested and smackdown the lady until the bats came. Meh, didn't work out too well. She has an AOE that damages for 1600+. So I stuck to the bats and we were doing alright, but the bats just got overwhelming (triple teaming 60's on me = teh suxor).

We got her down to 50%, but she was able to get a heal off so we called it a day. No really decent drops other then coins, I rolled 100, and just took two of the crappy gems. It was fun, hopefully next time we'll have more AoE classes and maybe another tank or two.

At least I got an offer from someone to make me some better gear (they were laughing at my gear). w00t!

Numbers
10-28-2005, 09:28 AM
WoW provides some decent entertainment for a good while. One of the problems is the glass ceiling. Once you hit level 60, the game COMPLETELY changes. You'll probably be able to wring a lot of playtime out of the 10-15 man dungeons. But unless you can devote scheduled nights to 40-man dungeons, the game pretty much ends. Personally, I frequently won't know what I'll be doing a certain night until the late afternoon of the same day, so it's impossible for me to commit myself to anything. And I'm not about to cancel or turn down a real world engagement because "I have a 7 pm raid scheduled."

Not to mention those 40 person raids are shitass boring.

I've already cancelled my account, and unless the info about the expansion being released today is jaw dropping, I have no plans to reactivate it.

WoW levels 1 - 59 is some of the best play experiences you'll ever have in any game. At level 60, WoW just turns into another shitty MMO.

On the bright side, though, WoW weaned me off of GemStone after a decade playing it, and let me realize how many things I absolutely loathe about that game.

[Edited on 10-28-2005 by 3704558]

Wezas
10-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Rumor has it the expansion will raise the cap to 100 instead of the rumored 65. We shall see.

I'm just hoping for some type of woodworking profession. Arrows, staffs, wands, crosssbows, bows, etc.

Numbers
10-28-2005, 09:31 AM
As for the bat lady, we could have easily taken her down if we had more AoE and healers. I was able to keep most of the bats rooted with frost traps, and the rogues were doing a good job of pulling any stragglers back into my frost trap. The problem is the AoE wasn't killing them fast enough, and a lot of the healers/casters and rogues had probably never seen a hunter use their traps like that, which means a lot of them were getting killed by rooted bats.

I'm not a big fan of Zul'Gurub as a whole. It's boring, it seems to be a lot harder than the 40-mans, and the rewards are shitty. But it's a good place to get communication and teamwork down.

CrystalTears
10-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
Rumor has it the expansion will raise the cap to 100 instead of the rumored 65. We shall see.
You can tell it's all rumors because I heard it was 75.

I'm just hoping for some type of woodworking profession. Arrows, staffs, wands, crosssbows, bows, etc.

That would be supercool.

Silvanostar
10-28-2005, 10:58 AM
you can get past the bat lady by counterspelling/kicking her whenever she tries to heal. you deal with the bats by having non tanks kill the bats off while the tanks and healers focus on the priestess.

its a challenging fight, but doable. zg is actually a pretty fun instance. i'd try to get my guild to run it more but we've been stuck of nefarion =/

Some Rogue
10-28-2005, 11:03 AM
I've seen some scanned pages from a game mag that look real. Cap is gonna be 70, blood elves are the new horde race, jewel crafting is the new proffesion and tons of new dungeons mostly in Outworld. Illidan is gonna be the new uber boss of the game.

Edited because I just saw the pages are now posted in another thread hehe.

[Edited on 10-28-2005 by Some Rogue]

hectomaner
10-28-2005, 01:39 PM
cap is 70

zg is fun, but the bosses really arent that hard. especially the bat lady

Androidpk
10-28-2005, 01:53 PM
I've done ZG once and I doubt i'll be going back. The place is a snoozefest like MC, just with crappier loot. The only thing I want from there is the shoulder enchants but you need exalted for that which takes forever.

Jadewolff
10-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Honestly, some of the best thrills I've gotten in the game have been in MC.

Like when we've wiped about 4 or 5 times on a boss before we finally took him down. Then we get to the point where we not only do not wipe, but end up being able to end the fight with one death that was battle rezzed right away. That sense of accomplishment in learning how to work so well as a team is a great feeling personally.

But I do agree that anything that you do after level 60 cannot be done in small doses at all. You need to either dedicate some real time to the game or walk away.

Skeeter
10-28-2005, 04:24 PM
the 3rd mage definately made all the difference in the world last night with the bats.

The cool thing about our guild is we're learning ZG and adapting to what our guild has and not recruiting to a stock run. Sure we could recruit to get 5 aoe'rs 5 healers 4 tanks and then stock the other 6 spots with dps and roll. But our guild doesn't have those options, so we try different strategies and learn to work together.

Also, it was nice having you along last night Weezy, and your gear is teh suxxorz

Wezas
10-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Also, it was nice having you along last night Weezy, and your gear is teh suxxorz

Thanks and :deadhorse: