PDA

View Full Version : Manipulation and Bone Shatter

Renian
10-27-2005, 05:58 PM
How much does Mental Lore: Manipulation affect Bone Shatter? Are there milestones of effectiveness, or a gradual increase? Is it even worth the TPs?

I'm looking to train my empath in it if it will help me BS really well without having to channel. After all, hard RT + offensive = OH CRAP for a spiritual pure caster.

Drew2
10-27-2005, 06:06 PM
There's not really any reason to cast from offensive. The lowest stance I really ever hit while hunting is Neutral.

And yes. 1x Manipulation if you intend on being a caster. There's no reason to do more than 1x, but at least 1x if Bone Shatter is your main weapon.

As long as you have a runestaff (read: one hand open) you're fine casting or channeling, although channeling gets the job done a little quicker.

[Edited on 10-27-2005 by Tayre]

Kitsun
10-27-2005, 06:24 PM
The only real milestone for the manipulation training is the very first rank. Having no lore and casting bone shatter means you'll only do like 10 damage on a 400 endroll. One rank of lore changes that to something more reasonable.

Flurbins
10-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Renian After all, hard RT + offensive = OH CRAP for a spiritual pure caster.

Ahh, don't be a sissy. :D

Spiritual casters are super at hard RT + offensive + both hands empty. If you cast like this, manipulation lore (even 1 rank) really doesn't do anything at all for you. You can still blast the hell out of anything with bones with no trouble at all with zero lore.

If you insist on doing it the other way though, yeah, I think you may want to invest in some manipulation.

FinisWolf
10-27-2005, 06:48 PM
My empaths, that focus on boneshatter, do 3X first aide along with the 1X manipulation. At about 40 trains they start doubling and tripling in the empath circle to raise the effectiveness and of course their CS in that circle. I love it this way for my empaths. No way would I do their training differently.

Just my two cents ... minus two cause two folks already responded.

Finis

Czeska
10-27-2005, 06:48 PM
The things I hunt right now don't shatter. I hunt in perpetual offensive using 1110.

Purr.

FinisWolf
10-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok, Flurbins got in there before I got my post in, so minus 3 cents. :lol:

Finis

Flurbins
10-27-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm sneaky like that.

Himmy
10-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
The only real milestone for the manipulation training is the very first rank. Having no lore and casting bone shatter means you'll only do like 10 damage on a 400 endroll. One rank of lore changes that to something more reasonable.

Kitsun wins. Bone shatter has alot to do with age, but it takes at least one manipulation rank to activate that.

FinisWolf
10-27-2005, 07:39 PM
I wanna win ... :drool: :drool:

Finis

Renian
10-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Alright. Thanks guys.

Flurbins
10-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Himmy
[Bone shatter has alot to do with age, but it takes at least one manipulation rank to activate that.

Unless you channel... then you can begin being a combat god by at least level 20, if not earlier. Lores take away from more spell ranks!

Gan
10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
I can only offer you end game results... with lores and shatter. I have 50 ranks at level 100 and am almost back up to 3x in first aid. I've noticed a difference in the degree of damage in shatter when moving from 2x first aid to 3x first aid.

I am putting more lore training into telepathy so I can get more cycles in 1110 but I dont have any plans on bumping manipulation up past 50 ranks at this point... and I'm quite happy with the degree of damage I see from shatter when using it on Ithzir and War Griffens, or other fellow adventurers.