PDA

View Full Version : Astros v Sox Anyone?

CMK
10-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Anyone else watching the game? Already in the 14th inning... and damn, sox just hits a HR. I need a drink.

:(

Edited to add: WTF is up with the Astros giving out homeruns at the end of the game when they are either winning or tied? Damn, they continue to do it over and over. :banghead:

[Edited on 10-26-2005 by CMK]

Gan
10-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Believe me you're not the only on frustrated by this... and yes I was up watching it. :(

Tsa`ah
10-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Not much of a sox fan, but I switched over to the game in the 5th inning to see the stros choke fest.

3-0 ... must be rough. Blame it on the league stiffs denying Houston dome closure.

Going to suck being a Sox fan in Chicago ... they'll have to wait on the team to come FROM Houston to celebrate the first WS since 1917.

DeV
10-26-2005, 10:28 AM
I stayed up until 12:45 a.m. at which point I crashed due to studying for midterms while watching the game, and having to go to work this morning. One of my dreams consisted of the Sox losing by one, so I wasn't too happy when I woke up, UNTIL I TURNED ON WGN CHANNEL 9 NEWS BABY!

What a game.

Gan
10-26-2005, 10:31 AM
The bats definately went cold last night... on both sides until Blum's homer. Hard to believe we stranded 15 men on base during that time. I still think we should have run a squeeze play when we first saw first and third loaded in the bottom of the 8th. Instead he let them swing away. :banghead:

DeV
10-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ganalon
I still think we should have run a squeeze play when we first saw first and third loaded in the bottom of the 8th. Instead he let them swing away. :banghead: I was so sure the Astros were gonna score at that point. Believe me, I was imagining the head banging against the wall thing too... at so many different points during that game.

Kembal
10-26-2005, 07:41 PM
No kidding. Last night was depressing, to say the least.