PDA

View Full Version : FF:MQ

Andrath
10-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Anyone remember beating Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest??? SNES? Badass game huh?

Flurbins
10-24-2005, 10:07 PM
I remember that game. It was really annoying.

Hips
10-24-2005, 10:22 PM
If by badass, you mean sucked...

The Korean
10-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Ditto what Michi said...

Andrath
10-25-2005, 12:16 AM
WHAT?!!? You guys are fuckin crazy!! Compared to other RPG's of the time, MQ was badass! Let me guess your a Chrono Trigger fan? Only thing that guy did right was DBZ...Trigger sux and so does that other Dragon Quest or Dragon whatever...werent very many around that time

Terminator X
10-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Anything Square has put out, regardless of whether I own the actual game or not, I am a huge fan of.

That... And beastial cyber orgies :cheers:

- The Termite

(Terminator X may or may not actually be a huge fan of beastial cyber orgies.)

The Ponzzz
10-25-2005, 12:45 AM
MQ was far from Badass at anytime, unless you are very slow. The ending was a pic of a fucking ship leaving...

Best games of their time were Lunar for Sega CD(PS version is shit), Lufia for SNES, FFII, FFIII, Chrono Trigger and Shining Force... FF: MQ is like playing Ronald McDonald's game for Sega

Izalude
10-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Chrono Trigger > FFVI > Secret of Mana > FFIV > FFMQ

Kefka
10-25-2005, 11:05 AM
FFVI > Chrono Trigger > Xenogears > FFIV > Secret of Mana > FFMQ > Secret of Evermore

There... fixed that for you

The Ponzzz
10-25-2005, 11:15 AM
heh, yer both wrong FFIV > Chrono Trigger > FFVI

Izalude
10-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Too bad Xenogears was for Playstation! You're fired.

Anywho, that was just my opinion. I'm sure everyone else has differant ones.

Himmy
10-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by The Ponzzz
heh, yer both wrong FFIV > Chrono Trigger > FFVI

Ponzzz wins.

P.S. Mystic Quest sucked, sorry Sal.

Kefka
10-25-2005, 03:03 PM
4 was pretty good, but 6 had a better story, better music, multiple choice of main characters and I erm.. Kefka succeeded in ruining the world.. hehehe. :smilegrin:

Latrinsorm
10-25-2005, 04:13 PM
hahahahahahahahaha @ Mystic Quest.

Now then.

Chrono Trigger = FFVI/III = Secret of Mana

These three are the Champions. The Elite. Each one is excellent in different ways, and no other game comes close. After:

> FFV > Secret of Evermore >

After those two, the quality goes down sharply. The Lufias, FFIV/II, and the Shining Forces are barely playable. If it wasn't for the "Final Fantasy" in the title of FFMQ, I would have stopped playing it a week after I started. Awful game. I'd rather play all the way through Final Fight II then touch that game again.

The Ponzzz
10-25-2005, 05:39 PM
If it wasn't for the "Final Fantasy" in the title of FFMQ, I would have stopped playing it a week after I started.

Ouch, it took you longer than a week?

If I had to honestly rate games in the terms of the best. I would do this top 5.

1). Lunar 1&2 for Sega CD - Other than the horrible loading and overheating of my poor Sega CD, the game's story for both was so much better than the Saturn or PS versions.

2). FFII - The soundtrack blew me away for it's time, the game took me over 100 hours to beat capping all my end characters, and there were plenty of Easter Eggs and other Secrets throughout the game to make this very enjoyable.

3). FFIII - Lots to do, so many charcters to level up, but very limited to secrets(not side quests). The soundtrack was nice as well.

4). Phantasy Star Series till IV - A great series from Sega Master system till genesis. The company dropped the ball after IV. PSII is still a hard game to this day! <3 Rhys

5). Chrono Trigger - A great all around game.

Others are also great games, but those are my top 5 that I would hook my old systems up to play again.

Andrath
10-25-2005, 08:32 PM
....blink.... oh you bitch,fuck you adam! didnt think we were callin names across the country now fuckhead...go smoke more...

I dont care what you say, I got to the SNES in my early years so I may not have played all the games....What about earthbound, any fans? lol

The Ponzzz
10-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Earthbound was cool to play, but kinda boring... The scratch n sniff shit was weird...

Soulpieced
10-25-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm also a huge fan of Xenogears and Lufia.

Ebondale
10-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Mystic Quest was fucking terrible.

The Ponzzz
10-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Yea the Lufia series really hooked me. I mean playing the first game was awesome enough, and then the next coems out and it's about the guys who started the tales!? Man, I wanna play!

Any friggin gaming company would be smart to just make them all again. I would pay $30 for a upped graphic and sound version of most games I have on SNES, Geneses or even NES... And I have all the systems here still with the games!!

10-25-2005, 10:53 PM
I beat Final Fantasy II in like 15 hours. Simple game, but good. Mystic Quest was entertaining, I guess. I beat it a few times.

- Arkans

Himmy
10-26-2005, 10:13 AM
How about Final Fantasy, the original NES cart? Was it just me, or was that shit hard.

Kefka
10-26-2005, 10:22 AM
I hated the beasts towards the end of part one. I remember cockatrices that could cast stone on your entire party. I remember running away from everything until facing and beating the boss. Too bad it took you to the past and you got no credit for saving the world.

But I was a Dragon Warrior fan back then.

The Ponzzz
10-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Yea FF for NES is very very very hard...

Chaos is such a douche bag, it's unreal. The only way to beat em is by hoping you get some double attasks and he doesn't do Cure IV... Other than that, it just keeps going and going till you die and slam your NES against the wall.

Latrinsorm
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM
So long as Chaos didn't bust out too many high level attack spells in a row, I could beat him easily. I didn't find the monsters particularly hard either, but I always leveled up while fanatically earning enough money to buy everything from every store before going to the dungeon itself.

SnatchWrangler
10-26-2005, 12:42 PM
I thought FFI was a piece of cake.

For some reason, I never liked Chrono Trigger much. Everyone always praises it...makes me want to hook up the SNES and figure out what I missed the first time or three I played the game through.

Absolutely loved Secret of Mana...I think I played through that game 10+ times.

FF:Mystic Quest was weak. Didn't you move to a spot on the map, fight 10 battles, move to the next spot on the map, fight 10 battles, move to a town, etc.? It was like a console RPG for 6 year olds...

I think Dragon Warrior 2 was the hardest game ever. God that game was painful from what I remember...

Drew
10-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics > all

Latrinsorm
10-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler
Didn't you move to a spot on the map, fight 10 battles, move to the next spot on the map, fight 10 battles, move to a town, etc.?There were some areas like this, yes. They were denoted by a stone sword icon that was shattered when you finished it. Then there were other more FF-esque areas that had VISIBLE MONSTERS. I frowned mightily upon it then, and I frown mightily upon it now.

[Edited on 10-26-2005 by Latrinsorm]

10-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I always liked visible monsters over random battles. I fucking hated random battles. It's like there was an army or something waiting for you inside of a dungeon.

- Arkans

10-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Final Fantasy on the NES was a lot harder than the one on the GBA. I just finished the GBA one and it was a piece of cake. They really butchered that game.

Anyway, Chaos wasn't bad. I remember beating him with a white wizard and a fighter since my black wizard and black belt got WTFPWNED for some reason or another and I couldn't bring them back.

- Arkans

Kefka
10-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Mystic Quest wasn't that bad. It was made to be an rpg for beginners. I use to play it alot while waiting for FF3 to come out. Can't play it now cuz I'm just a bit too impatient to do 10 battles after 10 battles after 10 battles... But then again, it's hard for me to play FF2 like I did the first time I bought my snes.

StrayRogue
10-26-2005, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't call MQ a FF game. I'd call it a cheap Zelda ripoff game.

Kefka
10-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Aww. Secret of Mana would fall more towards the realm of Zelda than anything else.