PDA

View Full Version : Hisskra Vengeance

Andrath
10-22-2005, 11:00 AM
[Ruined Dungeon, Passageway]
Dark shadows play off of the walls of the dank corridor, giving the impression of scampering imps just out of your sight. The passage continues in two directions, angling slightly upward to the northwest, with a gentle downward slope to the northeast. Web-shrouded steps descend into the darkness below. You also see a hisskra shaman.
Obvious exits: northeast, northwest, down
>
A hisskra shaman swings a slimy trident at you!
At the last moment, you block the attack with your shield!
>
You are now targeting a hisskra shaman.
>
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
HR>stance offensive
You are now in an offensive stance.
H>
You leap from hiding to attack!
You swing your woodsman's hatchet at a hisskra shaman. The weapon strikes one of the bony protrusions on the shaman's back and it is wrenched out of your grasp!
The woodsman's hatchet falls to the ground!
Roundtime: 6 sec.
R>
Your body relaxes as your thoughts stray from the shadows.
R>
A hisskra shaman drops his slimy trident and snatches up a well balanced woodsman's hatchet!
The hisskra shaman runs a clawed hand over his woodsman's hatchet, apparently pleased with his new acquisition.
R>get my dag
You remove a long black-handled dagger from in your ankle sheath.
>
A hisskra shaman swings a well balanced woodsman's hatchet at you!
AS: +252 vs DS: +233 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +88 = +136
... and hits for 6 points of damage!
A feeble blow to your left arm!
>
You are now targeting a hisskra shaman.
>
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
HR>
You're now aiming at the right eye of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
HR>
You leap from hiding to attack!
You swing a long black-handled dagger at a hisskra shaman!
AS: +303 vs DS: +129 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +43 = +237
... and hit for 52 points of damage!
Incredible shot to the eye penetrates deep into skull!
The hisskra shaman's tail thrashes violently as he collapses.
The deep blue glow leaves a hisskra shaman.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R>put dag in my ankle shea
>
You put a long black-handled dagger in your ankle sheath.
>search
You search the hisskra shaman.
He had a well balanced woodsman's hatchet.
He didn't carry any silver.
He had nothing else of value.
A hisskra shaman decays into a pile of scales and bone.
>get hat
You pick up a well balanced woodsman's hatchet.
>

When your good your good...I love my rogue!

[Edited on 10-22-2005 by Andrath]

Parkbandit
10-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Nice..

You would be surprised how many people only carry 1 weapon there.

Alfster
10-22-2005, 11:34 AM
I made that mistake and was forced to gkick it to death to get my weapon back.

The Ponzzz
10-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Off topic, but a moor hound just fucked me up, and I'm 4 levels over them and 2x CMs... Damn crazy moves they got...

Surprised how much easier the Krolvin are to the Moor hounds/eagles/witches for a hurling only rogue...

Andrath
10-22-2005, 03:31 PM
a hurling rogue? lol...I always thought other than picking locks the defining skills to make a rogue is ambush...are you hurling from hiding? All I know is that my trusty dagger is always with me and i've never missed with it after being disarmed...its like my character is pissed and he always gets a high roll with the crit...straight through the eye! "GIMME MY SHIT BACK"...the funny thing is most people dont look at what the critter is swinging, only what level they are..so I'm out there with Hauberk and their swinging a trident...only 20 AvD...when i swing my hatchet at them I'm getting 36 AvD......people should pay attention to what weapon their prey is swinging as to gain the best advantage

The Ponzzz
10-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Yea I snipe. And because I can 3x hiding, it makes the best profession to snipe...