PDA

View Full Version : Official MLB World Series Poll

Gan
10-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Well, its been a long road for the Astros. Finally they are enjoying their first Series appearance ever. Being a native Houstonian I am just as proud of them as I was for the Rockets in their first championship appearance.

All the experts are saying this is going to be a low scoring series as the battle will come from the mound. The Sox have the edge with the bats but will be unable to use the DH while playing in Houston, so it might turn into a liability to the game strategy that got them to this point. SI is giving the Astros the edge with Clemens, Oswalt, Petitte, Backe, and the rest of the relief crew.

SI (John Donovan) is picking the Stros to take it in 7. What do you think?

I'm picking the Stros in 4-5 as I made a bet with one of the VP's of my company (who's from Chicago). We have not agreed upon the terms yet, so I dont know who's wearing the dress at the next company party... :lol:

Below is the schedule so far:

Saturday, Oct. 22 -- Houston (Clemens) at Chicago (Contreras), 8 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 23 -- Houston (Pettitte) at Chicago (Buehrle), 8:10 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 25 -- Chicago (Garland) at Houston (Oswalt), 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 26 -- Chicago (Garcia) at Houston (Backe), 8:25 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 27 -- Chicago at Houston, if necessary, 8:25 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 29 -- Houston at Chicago, if necessary, 7:55 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 30 -- Houston at Chicago, if necessary, 7:55 p.m.

Soulpieced
10-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Sox in 6.

Gan
10-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Tradesports.com has the Stros in 4.

Now thats an interesting site, you can bet on anything, from sports to politics. Based out of Ireland, damn those Irish!

Soulpieced
10-22-2005, 10:14 AM
I would imagine either team in 4 is a huge gamble, and neither team is that much better than the other. No chance either wins in 4.

Showal
10-22-2005, 12:02 PM
I've asked this question to a bunch of people, and no one can give me a straight answer. Does Roger Clemens have a world series ring? He obviously never won with Boston, I don't believe he was on Toronto when the jays took it, and I don't know if he ever won when he was on the Yanks. Does anyone know?

Showal
10-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Nevermind, answered my own question. 99 and 2000 with the yanks.

Drew
10-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Sox are my favorite team outside the Marlins. Sox in 6.