PDA

View Full Version : WiFi printer Hl3p?!?

Gan
10-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Using a 802.11b WiFi router with print server all in one. (US Robotics)

Before I updated the router driver with the latest update I could print documents from laptop without trouble... now all of my documents fail after a few pages or any involved graphics..

Help???

AnticorRifling
10-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Type of OS on the PC and printer model. I can probably sort this out for you.

Damn you for making me do my job while I'm at home. You're lucky this WoW patch is taking forever to DL.

Sean of the Thread
10-11-2005, 10:24 PM
The log in servers are fuked up from said patch anyways... you know all us techies are spose to work for free with family and friends.. DUH.

Apotheosis
10-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Take a hammer, and hit your computer with it. That will fix all your IT problems.

AnticorRifling
10-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I bet it's a carbon based error.

Gan
10-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Windows XP Pro

HP Deskjet 722c

I dont want to revert the router software update due to security issues and the ability to mask my SSID. What usually happens is that the document times out mid first page, usually halfway through a graphic that was on the webpage or on a graphic that was in a .pdf file.

Ive found I've gotten it to print out simpler multi-page docs when I've switched it from print spooling to printing directly to the printer option in the printer setup features. Yet the problem still remains on larger docs.

Heading to bed, early meeting tomorrow. Dont break your neck on getting an answer tonight unless its on the top of your head. And thanks Anticor.

Gan
10-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Never made it over to the temp forums as work has kept me under the gun for the past week, we had a major client conference in Naples, and thankfully we sent the clients home on Wednesday and we cut our sales meetings short courtesy of Wilma.

Ever think of anything Anticor?

Tsa`ah
10-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Some one is hacking your wifi connection.

Contact Tamral asap for a swift means to remedy the problem.

remedy may involve breaking a teenager's laptop, killing his cat, or visiting a highschool to spread rumors about said kid's sexuality

[Edited on 10-23-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Gan
10-23-2005, 03:38 AM
:lol:

Gan
11-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Fixed it. Found a bug that requires the print server software/drivers to be updated and reinstalled after you install the router firmware update.

<3 my US Robotics wireless printserver/DSL router.

AnticorRifling
11-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Cool, yeah I totally forgot to research that issue at all. I saw this thread pop back up and I was like DOH!

Glad you got it sorted. First guess after a firmware update is generally reinstall the drivers and apps that's not uncommon.

Gan
11-07-2005, 10:28 AM
I figured it was something simple since the problem 'appeared' after the firmware update. Only, I'm a healthcare consultant instead of an IT haxzor, even though my company is IT based. :( So the learning curve had to encompass my ignorance and time availability. And of course PC and Gemstone come before troubleshooting a pissy printer!!!

I'm happy now, I can print using spooling and not be frustrated with half finished documents or the resource hogging of printing directly to the printer.

AnticorRifling
11-07-2005, 10:52 AM
The key in this situation is to aqquire an HP laserjet 4250 network printer and set it up at the house. I'm not saying I've done this I'm just saying it sounds like a good idea :cool: