PDA

View Full Version : squares in gemstone..

Andrath
10-11-2005, 08:23 PM
as it stands we only have 2 square profession, 4 semi's and 3 pure casts which most empaths are considered pure casts...on top of that your bringing in savants which will most likely be pure cast and i hear monks are slated for semi....so in my mind its unbalanced, they need to bring another square profession to GS!

thinking about it in relation to other games such as EQ and DAOC barbarian should be a race not a class, and berserker is also related heavily to the warriors we already have because mstrike and guildskills allow them that, so what exactly could another square be? i've been wracking my mind to figure out what would be a good suggestion to SIMU for another square profession and cant seem to think of one thats pure and doesnt relate to one we already have, any ideas?

The Ponzzz
10-11-2005, 08:48 PM
If you read the official forums, you would see my posts there on what professions they could bring in...

Right now we have this(I listed the circle they mainly tap into)...

Pures:

Wizard(E), Cleric(S)

Hybrid Pures:

Empath(S,M), Sorcerer(E, S)

Semis:

Bard(M), Ranger(S), Paladin(S),

Squares:

Warrior(S), Rogue(E)

So when we add the 2 new professions, in order to keep it a balance, they would also need to toss in another few professions...

Pures:

Savant(M)

Hybrid Pures:

Temporal(M, S)

Semis:

Rangers need to undergo a change to elemental. Then we have

Seer(M), Druid(S), Magus(E)

That would make 2 in each circle...

Square:

Monk(M)

Hope that all makes sense...

[Edited on 10-12-2005 by The Ponzzz]

Himmy
10-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Check. Ponzzz has the right idea.

Sweets
10-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Rangers need to undergo a change to elemental.

Absolutely Ponzz. I have always wondered why Rangers were spiritual. Elemental seems to make more sense. I thought it was just me.

Sean of the Thread
10-11-2005, 10:44 PM
I dunno I've always seen rangers as a spiritual prof.

Axhinde
10-11-2005, 10:50 PM
I've thought being connected with nature was a spiritual bond as well.

Stunseed
10-11-2005, 10:59 PM
< Rangers need to undergo a change to elemental. >

Yeah, that's it, give Rangers 425/430. I won't complain at all. :beer:

Also, I think Rangers are spiritualists as well, for the record.

Andrath
10-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh but on another note, Druids would be fuckin awesome...anyone ever read "The Sword of Shannara"??? Terry Brooks series? but you still havent said anythinga bout another square ponzz...a square not a hybrid semi...

The Ponzzz
10-23-2005, 04:59 PM
But that's why they have the 600 spell circle, the nature/spiritual circle!

ElanthianSiren
10-23-2005, 05:10 PM
First, they need to make the squares that they have functional enjoyable classes to play at all levels imo (referencing warriors specifically). Next, make the CMAN system less cumbersome. Third, add more square classes if they so choose.

And no, I don't think monks should be squares. They can't even manage the ones that they have; SIMU is very good at making semis though that do not rely exclusively for advancement on an unbalancing, unrecoverable pool of 'energy'. Last I checked, someone can't send my character more stamina, regardless of his or her training path.

-M

Latrinsorm
10-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Dragoon.

BOING!!!!!

But seriously, there isn't any other square class to make. You've got your big guy and you've got your fast guy. The ninja/monk guy always dabbles in magic. Maybe once we get horses there can be a cavalryman/woman class.

Asha
10-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm slightly worried that Savant or Monk will allow a previously rolled character to convert to them .
That is the most bullshit I've ever seen them pull in GS previously.

ElanthianSiren
10-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Currently, their vision is that if you can more than 1.5x brawlers, you can be a monk (that is the last I heard on conversion); I am saving points just in case you have to be a brawler to start.

I'm glad it's being done. I hate the design of warriors in IV.

-M

Andrath
10-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Horses? I know they brought them into DR, but has SIMU hinted about giving us a trusty steed? I know MOUNT still reacts and says "There is no horse here to mount"

The Ponzzz
10-23-2005, 05:23 PM
The Pegasus system will use the Mount command, not slated for this year anymore though...

Andrath
10-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Ponzzz...can i ask you where you get your infomation man?

Heshinar
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Finish that damn classes we have currently before adding more.

2nd
Why is a Barbarian a Race not a Class? As far as Fantasy Medieval?

Alfster
10-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Heshinar
Finish that damn classes we have currently before adding more.

It is my understanding that gemstone is suppose to be an ever evolving RPG...meaning that basically nothing is ever finished.

Soulpieced
10-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Never finished just like the amount of 1 UPs Mario gets.........

The Ponzzz
10-23-2005, 09:06 PM
I get all my info from many sources. My main source would be reading the official forums thoroughly...

Latrinsorm
10-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Never finished just like the amount of 1 UPs Mario gets......... In the NES SMB, you would game-over (or crash the game, I forget which) if you got more than 99 lives.

You're welcome.

StrayRogue
10-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Andrath
Horses? I know they brought them into DR, but has SIMU hinted about giving us a trusty steed? I know MOUNT still reacts and says "There is no horse here to mount"

That verb has nothing to do with normal horses, rather mountable things used for the joust games at things like Ebons.

StrayRogue
10-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
I'm slightly worried that Savant or Monk will allow a previously rolled character to convert to them .
That is the most bullshit I've ever seen them pull in GS previously.

Anyone who is 2x in brawl can be become a monk (so they say) when they come out. So far, no one will be allowed to change into a Savant.

Heshinar
10-24-2005, 07:27 PM
What I meant by fix the classes and I do not care if it is an ongoing game but Soul you have to admit there are still problems with Bards.

Not to mention the guilds for all the classes with some skills in them.

Soulpieced
10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Well, I have unfortunately (or not) always had sort of a skewed view of game balance due to having exceptional gear. However, I have not heard much griping at all when I do read the official boards, and I think bards as they are now are pretty much set.

Latrinsorm
10-24-2005, 07:57 PM
I can't even think of anything wrong with bards besides those animated weapons being crappy.