PDA

View Full Version : 330

Andrath
10-11-2005, 01:16 AM
i was reading over your spells and i noticed 330 made totally no sense and seems to be useless...has anyone actually used this spell and figured out why its even on there? :?:

Volstock
10-11-2005, 03:50 AM
330 is commune and it's basically just an RP tool...if your lucky a GM will see it and response as your aligned ARKATI

Drew
10-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Does anyone have a log of this? I always ask and I've never seen one.

Sean
10-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Volstock
330 is commune and it's basically just an RP tool...if your lucky a GM will see it and response as your aligned ARKATI

No you wont, they'll respond as an avatar of that Arkati. It's not like you get face time with luukos or anything. But generally it's just a spell that GMs who don't feel you SHOULD BE HONORED with their time to respond to use to drop lame invasions.

But this spell is one of the most useless spells in the game. I can probably come up with more uses for waterwalking than commune. But the powers that be seem to love communte regardless of how much clerics dislike it as a high level spell.

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by Tijay]

Vimp
10-11-2005, 09:29 AM
I have used this spell 3 times with mixed results, 2 meaningfully invoked and once in error when trying to cast 303... The first time was during the time when Redrot was afflicting all dwarves, and myself, being a dwarven priest of Eonak set about a commune at his altar in the Icemule temple. Only one other person was present at the time but I indeed did manage to capture the attention of my patron Eonak whose spirit arrived amidst a tumult of crashing and clashing cymbals. We conversed about the threat to the dwarven population and he instilled a faith that we would survive through the traits which our people are known, hardwork. I was asked to confer this to the rest of our peoples which I did, I posted on the boards under the events section and also on that other gsnews website I forget the name of now. I may be able to rustle up the actual log of what took place. Sometime after the commune I sensed a burning sensation atop my head which became searing and immobilised me for a time, after recovery I discovered the symbol of a golden anvil had been burned into my previously plain horned dwarven greathelm, I still wear it to this day as a symbol that I have indeed been blessed by Eonak.
The second time was during the paladin introduction, a fella was being giving visions by Eonak's consort who was under threat and so I tried to commune again with Eonak, but this time there was no response.
The other time in error when meaning to cast 303 was in the Voln sanctuary at Icemule, unfortunately Eonak was not listening but a malign spirit was who proceeded to cast black bolts from the sky into that sanctuary destroying me and then laughing and saying watch now as I kill all who come to your aid... and it did, black bolts tore through any and everyone who came turning them to ash like myself...
So my comments are this, be very wary when trying to invoke the attention of the artaki and make sure you are well prepared to pay them complete homage should they harken to your call. prepare, prepare, prepare. Make sure you are in a suitable holy place for the artaki you wish to invoke and make sure that you 'set the scene' as perfectly as you can. make sure you know what you wish to ask and be prepared to discuss in riddles, you never get a straight answer from the artaki. Do not invoke them on a whim, for best results save your communes until the times of direst need.
when I get home I'll try to find my log of my successful commune.

:saint:

ElanthianSiren
10-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Make commune a background verb (like arrive/depart). Make it string a highlight when actual clerics use it. Flag commune off/on. Issue fixed for those involved and clerics get a useful spell, while actual characters feel a little closer to the Arkati with the ability to "talk" to them.

-M

edited to add that I never understood why you need a spell to address a God with your concerns anyway.

[Edited on Tue, October th, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

Sean
10-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren

edited to add that I never understood why you need a spell to address a God with your concerns anyway.

[Edited on Tue, October th, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

Because it gets you uber cool gm face time! Which is totally worth a level 30 spell slot!

Wuxong
10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
I think there ar at least 1000 other better spells to fill the 330 spot... I really think we should get some sort of mass spirit spell..... nothing amazing just something we can cast for everyone...... we can give life just no mass spells......

FinisWolf
10-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Put 301 in 330, that would be more useful.

:lol2:

Finis

Fallen
10-25-2005, 09:53 PM
I have seen some fantastic logs as a result of commune.

SpunGirl
10-25-2005, 10:08 PM
I can see where it makes sense that clerics, as a "holy" profession, have the use of commune. Unfortunately, if your RP as a cleric doesn't involve being particularly devout, I can see where the high-level spell slot is wasted.

I also agree that it seems silly that ONLY clerics should have this ability. Seems to me too much like the Catholic standard that the sillier your hat, the closer you are to God.

It'd be cool if there was a way for anyone who wanted to learn commune to "prove" their worthiness for the spell. Like a little automated mini-quest with elements of their aligned deity. I dunno.

-K

Andreal
10-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Or even so much as making it similiar to learning weapon fire. Possibly even having different "quests" for a different spell to fill the same slot.

Say you don't want Commune, make a quest thats a little bit harder for a more useful spell. I admit I know nothing about coding, so even if the GMs decided to do something like that who knows how long it would take for them to implement.