PDA

View Full Version : Wishing you could take it back

Amaron
10-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Have you ever said something, done something or reacted in a way you wish you could take back and change?

I was upset at something a friend did and wish I could go back and react better. Maybe talk about it more instead of freaking out.

Still hoping to work it out. He is a great guy and I just wish I had talked more instead of getting mad.

J who is missing her friend terribly

Soulpieced
10-11-2005, 11:36 AM
This seems to be fairly common with any interactions with females.

Apotheosis
10-11-2005, 11:37 AM
I think most people have at least 1 thing they regret doing in life..

I have, but let them go and move on. (AND LEARN)

Amaron
10-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Yswithe
I think most people have at least 1 thing they regret doing in life..

I have, but let them go and move on. (AND LEARN)

Trying to just feeling kinda crappy today..

J

Leetahkin
10-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I do this. Too much.
I'm trying to learn not to. It takes a while to pound it into your head.

If they were a true friend, they would be understanding and realize that you reacted like that out of concern for them.

I lost a good friend to this recently.

Drezzt
10-11-2005, 11:49 AM
If it's a guy, its almost ALWAYS worse for you than it was for them. Guys are pretty resilient with words/feelings.

For instance, two guys can be friends, then not talk at all for 6 months, then one calls the other and bam, it's football time.
No "I'm sorry", no "Let's make up" nothing.
Just "Dude, game?" "Yeah." "Cool."

And life goes on.

4a6c1
10-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Yup. It happens. But I get over it. So do they.

Its life?

Asha
10-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Anything I've said which was out of line was done so while under the influence of alcohol.
If I said it while sober . . That means I definately meant it.

I cirtainly regret some things I've said or done.
And I'll no doubt make more mistakes in my time. It's life.

The Ponzzz
10-11-2005, 12:37 PM
If I could change one thing I've done, I would go back to Highschool and never have gone to the college I went to. Biggest waste of money to this day was going to college. Like a fucking car I can't see or drive... But I still pay for it regardless...

If I grabbed 4 years of experience in a field instead of college, I would be making closer to 60k-70k a year right now... My degree in marketing never plants the job, it's my experience and threats...

And with changing my school plans I woulda never met my ex-wife... But I would want all the knowledge I had gained to this point too...hahahahaha!

Czeska
10-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Nobody CaresIf they were a true friend, they would be understanding and realize that you reacted like that out of concern for them.

Fortunately that happens a lot, but if the "true friend" gets beaten down time and time again by someone, even out of concern, sometimes they may decide that it's just not worth the pain anymore.

I ended a 13 year friendship like this once. She just hurt me out of misplaced concern time and time and time again. Took 6 years after that just to get back to pleasant aquaintences.

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by Czeska]

Kainen
10-11-2005, 12:40 PM
The last thing I said to my grandmother before she was so sick that she didn't recognize us anymore is the ONE thing I would take back. It wasn't horrible.. but it wasn't nice either.

ElanthianSiren
10-11-2005, 12:40 PM
No. I always thought I would want to. There was definitely one event in my life that I regretted terribly for several years, but that event has helped lead me to where I am.

In a chain of events, it stands to reason that you couldn't break one link and be in the same place. I am quite happy with where I am right now, so no.

-M

AnticorRifling
10-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Say what you mean and mean what you say. If you do that your regrets will be few and far between. I would rather hurt someone's feelings by telling them they are a bag of ass then lie to them so they can go on thinking I'm ok with whatever they are doing.

I don't sugar coat anything. If you're as messed up as a monkey fucking a football bat I'll tell you. I don't want to be the friend that doesn't want to hurt feelings only to have the white lies cause more damage.

crazymage
10-11-2005, 01:06 PM
never im perfect

Asha
10-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Never, I'm perfect.

:D

crazymage
10-11-2005, 01:14 PM
i dont regret not capitalizing or using proper punctuation in an informal setting. so stfu.

Himmy
10-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
...as messed up as a monkey fucking a football bat ...

Haha, I've never heard anyone put the monkey part in there. That works equally well with soup sammich.

Skeeter
I stand by what I did

I've made a ridiculous amount of stupid mistakes in life.

Just have to learn to deal with them. Eh, what everyone else said, it's life.

- Arkans

Drezzt
10-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
i dont regret not capitalizing or using proper punctuation in an informal setting. so stfu.

Yet most of us regret your flagrant misuse of the "Post Reply" button.

:D

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by Drezzt]

Amaron
10-11-2005, 01:26 PM
I know its life...

And this to shall pass. I was just feeling very crappy this morning.. but now I feel better.

J

Latrinsorm
10-11-2005, 01:58 PM
said somethingNever.
done something or reacted in a way Constantly.

SpunGirl
10-11-2005, 02:01 PM
I wish I could take back having said No when I wanted to say Yes, and I never got the opportunity again.

Pretty trite, I know, but I should've boned him when I had the chance.

-K

Amaron
10-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I wish I could take back having said No when I wanted to say Yes, and I never got the opportunity again.

-K

LOL spun

gads I knew ye all would either make me feel better with worse stories than mine or make me smile..

hugs

J

Drezzt
10-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl

-K

<begin fun>
<before someone beats me to it>
Meet me at the park. I don't hold grudges.

:)

</end fun>

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by Drezzt]

SpunGirl
10-11-2005, 03:13 PM
LOL you guys.

-K:lolwave:

Tisket
10-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by The Ponzzz
And with changing my school plans I woulda never met my ex-wife... But I would want all the knowledge I had gained to this point too...hahahahaha!

And you wouldn't have had your son either....