PDA

View Full Version : PSU 6-0

Eviltwinpsu
10-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Who would have guessed it but my Nittany Lions are 6-0 baby!!!!!!

Just wooped the hell out of Ohio State on Sat!!!!!

What a great game!!!

Soulpieced
10-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Pretty amazing, though I still think Jo Pa's gotta go.

Anebriated
10-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Jo Pa's coaching style hasnt changed through the years, even the ones where PSU sucked. The difference is they got the 4 great recievers opening up their passing game allowing PSU to run the ball again. Its gonna be a good year.

Skeeter
10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Whooped the hell out of OSU? PSU has an offense that can't get out of it's own way. Smith played like he had his head up his ass, and Ryan "the Season Ender" Hamby killed us again.

Good win, but whooped the hell out of, is laughable.

I predict you lose by 20 next week at Michigan

Sean of the Thread
10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Skeeter
Whooped the hell out of OSU? PSU has an offense that can't get out of it's own way. Smith played like he had his head up his ass, and Ryan "the Season Ender" Hamby killed us again.

Ahhh did we strike a nerve skeety??...

Skeeter
10-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Sure, I was annoyed as hell at that game.

OSU certainly did nothing to diserve to win. But trying to pretend PSU crushed them is silly.

Both teams looked like absolute garbage. Big 10 is horrible this year.

Michigan comment had more to do with PSU having a huge let down, going to the big house, and having to face an actual offense. Something OSU doesn't currently have

Hulkein
10-10-2005, 12:57 PM

Haha, keep crying loser, you got spanked.

Edited to add: Considering you were probably predicting PSU losing to OSU by 20+, no one gives a shit about your predictions.

I will say it's a classic letdown game though, PSU coming off a huge win over the quickly falling OSU program.

[Edited on 10-10-2005 by Hulkein]

Hulkein
10-10-2005, 12:59 PM

Michigan comment had more to do with PSU having a huge let down, going to the big house, and having to face an actual offense. Something OSU doesn't currently have

Both teams have good defenses, that's what games look like when two good defenses meet.

Minnesota has a real offense, PSU shut them down.

Anebriated
10-10-2005, 01:07 PM

PSU and OSU both have solid teams this year. The OSU linebacker group is easily the best in the country. They SHOULD have won against Texas and could have beaten PSU if they played a bit better. But to say that the Big 10 is horrible says that you either dont watch college football or you just dont know what you are talking about. The big 10 has 5 teams in the top 25(AP rankings this week), but yeah, weak conference.

[Edited on 10-10-2005 by Elrodin]

Atlanteax
10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm from UofMichigan...

After lamenting how UM keeps giving its games away (Notre Dame, Wisconsin (blown lead), and Minnesota (settling for FGs and not settling for OT) :no:

... and observing how PSU manhandled OSU (I thought OSU would had put up a heck more of a fight) :wow:
(I had thought that PSU was overrated before that game)

... I think PSU will thrash my UM in Ann Arbor this Sat, and give UM its first losing record in years.

Lloyd Carr (as opposed to Joe Pa) has got to go!!! :thumbsdown:

Sean of the Thread
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Atlanteax
I'm from UofMichigan...

After lamenting how UM keeps giving its games away (Notre Dame, Wisconsin (blown lead), and Minnesota (settling for FGs and not settling for OT) :no:

... and observing how PSU manhandled OSU (I thought OSU would had put up a heck more of a fight) :wow:
(I had thought that PSU was overrated before that game)

... I think PSU will thrash my UM in Ann Arbor this Sat, and give UM its first losing record in years.

Lloyd Carr (as opposed to Joe Pa) has got to go!!! :thumbsdown:

You went to Michigan? No wonder you wear bad ties.

Makkah
10-10-2005, 01:38 PM
<<Minnesota has a real offense, PSU shut them down. >>

LOL

Skeeter
10-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Big 10 has no dominant team. They have no team that has a chance to make the national championship, no team that will even play in a major bowl (except the default rose bowl) and the only team in the top 10 is a (probably) over ranked PSU.

I'm not saying the big 10 is the MAC but even a soccer fan can see this is a bad year for the conferance.

ACC, SEC, and probably even the PAC 10 is stronger this year. though I hate to give any credit to the PAC

Makkah
10-10-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm really not so sure this is such an awesome year for the SEC, as much as it pains me to say that. It's a bit stronger than last year, but still nowhere near where it should be.

Hulkein
10-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
<<Minnesota has a real offense, PSU shut them down. >>

LOL

LOL what?

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/stats/teamsort/NCAAF/RUSHING

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/stats/teamsort/NCAAF/SCORING

They're not USC good, but they're a real offense that got dominated by a great defense.

Eviltwinpsu
10-10-2005, 06:04 PM
LOL wow didnt mean to start a huge war but....

PSU def didnt play the best game in the world.

PSU has a great set of WR that have been blowing by secondaries of teams.

But PSU has been called linebacker U, and for damn good reason. Saying OS has the best LB in the league...id have to say PSU's might be just a bit better.

The Big 10 has some of the best teams in the nation. Even if they haven't been playing up to their potential.

I can't wait for this weekends game against UofM. THough coming off a win here they will be hard to beat

and though i didnt go to the game i was tailgating from 9am and throughtout the game. I have never seen Happy Valley so loud in my lifetime. My friends said that the stadium's concrete was swaying due to everryone jumping. we were definatly the 12th man

Skeeter
10-10-2005, 07:57 PM
I believe the days of PSU being linebacker U are over. without doing any sort of research, I can't think of another player at any position doing anything of significance in the NFL since LaVar Arrington. and that was in the 90's

Drew
10-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Atlanteax
I'm from UofMichigan...

That's because you're rooting for the wrong UM. Go Canes!

Anebriated
10-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Im going to the miami game this weekend... Gonna watch them roll over Temple for Temple's homecoming...

Tailgating anyone?

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by Elrodin]