PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was good RP!

Rowi
10-08-2003, 05:34 AM
Not sure why they were talking back and forth and gettin upset but i liked this response to a silence.

Chalandrah gestures at Shisshio.
CS: +132 - TD: +52 + CvA: +14 + d100: +75 - -5 == +174
Warding failed!
A pall of silence settles over Shisshio.
>
Xarneon stares off into space.
>
Sakalav applauds.
>
Euno nods to Icronmio.
>
Xarneon applauds.
>
Thore smirks.
>
Marieke meditates over Thore.
Marieke takes all of Thore's blood loss.
>
Chalandrah says, "I'm sick of listening to you"
>
Icronmio wipes the sweat from his brow.
>
Crystalwind warmly says, "i was about to do that"
>
Sakalav nods.
>
Chalandrah says, "You make me sick"
>
Icronmio put a modwir-hafted vaalorn moon axe in his sheath.
>
Marieke murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>
Chalandrah says, "All I've heard come out of your mouth is garbage"
>
The deep blue glow leaves Mikalah.
(Shisshio writes in the dirt "They always get mad when they lose")
>
Marieke concentrates.
Marieke looks a little better.
>
Fallancer grins at Crystalwind.
>
Scrat just arrived.
>
Chalandrah traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...
>
CS: +132 - TD: +52 + CvA: +14 + d100: +76 - -5 == +175
Warding failed!
Shisshio suddenly stops all movement.

i liked the writing! :thumbsup:

Souzy
10-08-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Rowi

CS: +132 - TD: +52 + CvA: +14 + d100: +75 - -5 == +174
Warding failed!
A pall of silence settles over Shisshio.

(Shisshio writes in the dirt "They always get mad when they lose")

LMAO! Now that's slick. :thumbsup:

Ilvane
10-08-2003, 06:29 AM
Isn't that not allowed when someone is silenced? I thought acts were a big no no.:grin:

-A

Bestatte
10-08-2003, 06:38 AM
As long as you don't use act to circumvent loss of speech, why wouldn't it be allowed?

He didn't do:

(Shisshio says..."blahblah).

He did an action - something that even someone missing their tongue and voicebox completely can do.

Conversely, I'd ask - are the general population of people living in Elanthia literate? Can they all read and write? I know it can be a RP choice to have a character who can't, so if this guy normally RPs that he can't, then the RP of him writing in the dirt would be a bad thing [tm].

That is all.

Weedmage Princess
10-08-2003, 07:06 AM
You're right, Ilvane. Atleast it was at one time, not allowed. I know cause I got silenced one time in the Monastery I think...and I wanted to communicate with my hunting group..and I wrote on the floor...and got a SEND saying it was abuse of mechanics.

Sweets
10-08-2003, 07:55 AM
A no-no to write in the dirt with act during a silence? The irony of getting a send on this makes me ill.

I was under the assumption that silence meant you couldn't speak but could still move. So writing would be completely acceptable.

Crystalwind can warn all souls but an act in silence gets a send?

Does no one else see the horror but me?

AnticorRifling
10-08-2003, 07:57 AM
I got sends from GM's about doing stuff like that with my rogue in the park. Some ass clown of an empath pointed me out of hiding so I proceeded to yell at him. Realizing that in a battle of wits not only was he unarmed but he didn't even have a permit to own some he silenced me. I was writing in the dirt and got a GM send.

Trinitis
10-08-2003, 11:47 AM
The GM's frown on the act of writing in the dirt..because they don't want everyone to assume that everyone else can read. I guess they feel the idea of everyone actually taking a moment to choose to RP it is too much for us to handle.

-Adredrin

CrystalTears
10-08-2003, 12:15 PM
I just don't understand how they react when you try and roleplay when you're silenced. It's as though they want you to just stand there and ONLY use their verbs.

One time I was silenced while hunting and I was trying to convey to my husband that I was, and I acted that I opened my mouth and pointed inside of it and that you couldn't hear anything coming out (I suppose it was this that pissed them off that I'm letting someone know that it was quiet in my usually loud mouth), and I got a SEND that I was abusing mechanics. I wasn't even mouthing words. I don't get it.

Personally, I prefer someone writing on the ground and those who can read it can and those who can't don't, over those people who play mute/deaf characters and use sign language. There are far more people that read than can understand sign language.

[Edited on 10/8/2003 by CrystalTears]

Edaarin
10-08-2003, 01:23 PM
It does get annoying after awhile.

Am I the only one that's glad that Nospeak has appeared to disappear from Gemstone?

AnticorRifling
10-08-2003, 02:33 PM
There is still the empath in Sol that doesn't speak, just writes. I think it's cool. If chose to RP I couldn't read I would act like I didn't have a clue what was written. Simple enough.

AkMan
10-08-2003, 02:55 PM
I think the problem comes when someone is silenced and continues to rp the conflict using act. The instance mentioned above was hilarious, and if that's all he said that's a great roleplayer.

But yeah, to continually use act while silenced will get you a send. I well placed one may not though. CT, I'm surprised you got a send from your actions. That seemed like good rp to me.

Jolena
10-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
There is still the empath in Sol that doesn't speak, just writes. I think it's cool. If chose to RP I couldn't read I would act like I didn't have a clue what was written. Simple enough.

Yukito?! If so, I met him last night at the feature alterer. He was really good at what he does. He stayed consistent as well. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

10-31-2003, 12:34 AM
yukito hes a no good mute i tell ya!

Myrianna
10-31-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by The Edine
yukito hes a no good mute i tell ya!

Yuki's a sweetheart! be nice!

Betheny
10-31-2003, 01:40 AM
I usually do something like this to people that silence me.

(Maimara makes an utterly rude suggestion to Silencer.)
>
Maimara smirks.

Dighn Darkbeam
10-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Doesnt that conflict with he mechanics of the game? A rude gesture, perhaps.