PDA

View Full Version : Ebon Gate

TheRoseLady
10-07-2005, 08:13 PM
How many of you thought that those who went to Simucon would be getting a two week preview to EG, replete with merchant attention and of course the in game bird thing?

Who thought that in addition to that, they would get a handful of Simucon only shops at EG?

I sure didn't. I guess I was okay with the preview - I know that it was a carrot dangled out there to get bodies to Simucon to help fulfill their hotel contract. I really don't understand why they have made shops Simucon only, isn't that just pushing things a bit too far? It's a drunken fest for god's sake in St. Louis. I'm not sure I could stand being one of the few nonsmokers fighting for fresh air. It's nice and convenient for those who can drive across town to attend, but what about those of us who have other obligations?

I think that this is really pushing it. Everyone has equal access to premium membership regardless of whether you are in St. Louis or Australia. So the argument that this is no different than premium doesn't hold any water.

I think I am now convinced that they will do anything if it furthers their own agenda and bottom line.

I guess the one funny side is that the preview will certainly be full of staff player characters since it seems that Simucon is the number one venue for hiring. :lol:

GSLady17
10-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I agree with you.

ElanthianSiren
10-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Eh TRL, I wish I could muster the will to care, but we both know this kind of stuff has ALWAYS occurred. I enjoy hunting with you at merchants and hanging out in the chats, so please don't take this as a slam on what concerns you. I know what it's like to enjoy GS as your main entertainment outside of work/school etc and the aggitation that can come from feeling slighted by SIMU's policy.

Of course, a lot of the "favorites" are going to get high end services at the preview etc, but think about it. Isn't that the general way of things? IMO the solution is to fault a system that forces people to pander for GM time to have any special 'features' to their characters. SIMU will continue this as long as people perceive no better alternative.

-M

kranfer
10-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I completely agree. I would rather see Ebon's gate be a paid event than see how they managed to call it "free" but still have it be a paid event. After 2 weeks of running EBon's gate the GMs will not want to deal with the 700 people going to ebon's gate... it'll be crazy.

Fallen
10-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Lesson learned? Next year, I am going to Simucon. Yay for mechanical advantages.

Satira
10-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Even though I still would have crashed simucon, I think they should have at least told people that those buying tickets would have a free week of EG. As crazy as it is, I know some people who would have bought simucon tickets just for the extra week of EG.

Heshinar
10-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Just out of curiousity how much was Simucon?

Satira
10-08-2005, 01:08 AM
I think when you bought it at the earliest it was slightly less than 200 dollars for admission.

That doesn't include airfare, food, and a hotel room though.

Which is why I'm bad and crashed.

GSLady17
10-08-2005, 01:53 AM
I think Simutronics is passed the "lets expand and grow and get more people" phase and instead, they are trying to keep the current players. I'm sure they figure that those who go to Simucon are total crazy fanatics so they probably want to please them the most.

HouseofElves
10-08-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Fallen
Lesson learned? Next year, I am going to Simucon. Yay for mechanical advantages.

Aww. See you there snookums.

And honestly, it's like five shops and Nilandia will most likely toss out the offer like she always does to go shopping for people. People who attend gatherings often get freebies, it's just a nice little bonus.

Snapp
10-08-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by kranfer
I would rather see Ebon's gate be a paid event than see how they managed to call it "free" but still have it be a paid event.
:yeahthat:
Ebon's is the one pay event I've done the last couple years. I really wouldn't have minded keeping it that way if they're gonna play like that.

Asha
10-08-2005, 08:16 AM
I can't wait till they have a room with 130 players. Each with 3-7 accounts in there, all watching the merchant hopefully when he says ''I'll spin 10 times and then I'm gone''.
If this would have been a paid event I'd feel I might have got something done in there.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would rather see Ebon's gate be a paid event than see how they managed to call it "free" but still have it be a paid event.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So fucking true.

StrayRogue
10-08-2005, 08:26 AM
*Chuckle* people whine all day about having to pay through the nose for a merchant event and now they get it for free they still complain. It's not like Ebon's gate was a massive alterfest anyway.

Asha
10-08-2005, 08:37 AM
It is usually more likely you'd get an alter at an event like Ebons Gate, instead of when playing the game while there is no event.

It's not a problem to pay for a chance like that, when modifying my character is more fun than anything else in game, for me.

Skeeter
10-08-2005, 08:37 AM
don't worry the shops won't get done, and then Melissa will claim that nobody ever stated there would be shops just for simucon people.

Broken promises and lies is best business practice for Simu.

Soulpieced
10-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Simple solution. Don't go to merchant events. Works for me at least, and I do fine.

StrayRogue
10-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
It is usually more likely you'd get an alter at an event like Ebons Gate, instead of when playing the game while there is no event.

It's not a problem to pay for a chance like that, when modifying my character is more fun than anything else in game, for me.

Well I'm an ebons veteran and I know it pales, merchant wise, to the other pay events. The chances are you're more likely to get work done in the big Sukara rooms where she'll do hundreds of people. The same happens each year.

kranfer
10-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
I can't wait till they have a room with 130 players. Each with 3-7 accounts in there, all watching the merchant hopefully when he says ''I'll spin 10 times and then I'm gone''.
quote:

I will damn straight bring 5 accounts into Ebon's gate. I want a fair chance at getting 1 thing done ::mutters:: all I want is ONE god damn thing.

StrayRogue
10-08-2005, 08:45 AM
I've done fine with only one account. But then I don't need 5 accounts to hunt effectively either. I guess it's all about ability, sense and good timing in the end.

Ilvane
10-08-2005, 08:47 AM
I agree they shouldn't have shops for Simucon folks exclusively. However, I won't be complaining about it being free, that's for sure.

-A

Skeeter
10-08-2005, 08:48 AM

I will damn straight bring 5 accounts into Ebon's gate. I want a fair chance at getting 1 thing done ::mutters:: all I want is ONE god damn thing. [/quote]

The Irony :lol:

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 09:10 AM

I find it hard to imagine that that will be the only reason you will attend. There's a certain type of player who aspires to reach behind the scenes, I think you fit that bill rather well Fallen. That's not a slam - it's just the truth of the matter. Some of the best RPers in the game end up taking assists, referrals and doing merchants themselves. :shrug:

I realize that you will likely categorically deny it. But that doesn't mean that it's not true. ;)

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by HouseofElves

Aww. See you there snookums.

And honestly, it's like five shops and Nilandia will most likely toss out the offer like she always does to go shopping for people. People who attend gatherings often get freebies, it's just a nice little bonus.

Interesting perspective. Do you think that you would feel differently if you were thinking about your character's RP (and how she would explain this access) and not about the fact that you are one that has access to these shops?

---

As my good friend said ES, it's not really worth getting upset about, TPTB will do what they want in the end anyway - and apparently having drunken interviews in St. Louis is the way to go. Let them roll out more incentives that we can get with cash.

Rainy Day
10-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Satira
Even though I still would have crashed simucon, I think they should have at least told people that those buying tickets would have a free week of EG. As crazy as it is, I know some people who would have bought simucon tickets just for the extra week of EG.

Didn't they announce EG was going to be free at Simucon? I thought I remembered reading it first in Nilandia's notes. So they couldn't have said it ahead of time.

They did say ahead of time that people who paid to go to Simucon would get a gift in the game and a small merchant event just for them. So looks like they're just sorta shoving the Simucon merchant thing into the same weekend as EG is all.

I never liked the idea of in game stuff for going to Simucon, but it's only 6 shops that were always meant for the Simucon people anyway so I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over it.

RD

HouseofElves
10-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady

Interesting perspective. Do you think that you would feel differently if you were thinking about your character's RP (and how she would explain this access) and not about the fact that you are one that has access to these shops?

What does a person's RP have to do with merchant events? And by this I mean, I know so many of our characters would hire a personal tailor or seamstress to fit them, pick material, etc. As far as actual events go my character has enough silver, she can afford to go to the best shops if that is how you want to look at it.

Otherwise, you could ask the same thing for anyone who plays a dirtball rapscallion but managed to go stateroom on the WD. Until there is a system where we can personalize our characters as much as possible, we have to rely on merchants and alternately merchant events.

Satira
10-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Yes, they announced EG was going to be free at simucon. Do you think they just randomly blurted it out?

I'm sure they were contemplating it before they actually announced it. The only reason I brought it up is because I talked to some of the crashers after simucon who said they would have just bought a ticket if they had known they'd be getting the free EG week. And I think people who were already planning on attending, but not buying a ticket should have been their targets for purchasing extra tickets.

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 01:13 PM
What does a person's RP have to do with merchant events? And by this I mean, I know so many of our characters would hire a personal tailor or seamstress to fit them, pick material, etc. As far as actual events go my character has enough silver, she can afford to go to the best shops if that is how you want to look at it.

Otherwise, you could ask the same thing for anyone who plays a dirtball rapscallion but managed to go stateroom on the WD. Until there is a system where we can personalize our characters as much as possible, we have to rely on merchants and alternately merchant events.

That is my question to you. How can you explain that your character somehow has access to these shops, and better yet how can you explain that you are in there next to a rapscallion who doesn't have two nickels to rub together? Your character didn't buy a better ticket on a cruise ship - you the player went to a fest in St. Louis and as a byproduct get access to shops. There's a difference.

I am curious though, how the big RPers are going to play it off. It is a good method I guess to fall back on the old "I have the silvers, I like the finest things in life line" but if you're in there next to a fleabag...?

Rp when it's convenient perhaps?

I don't blame you of course, I would visit the shops if I had gone to Simucon. I am genuinely curious how the purists are going to pull it off. Nothing more.

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Satira
And I think people who were already planning on attending, but not buying a ticket should have been their targets for purchasing extra tickets.

I agree Satira, they missed some cash by not throwing out that bone. Of course, that would have lead to an outcry from folks screaming greed. :lol: But I'm sure that the registered attendees would have been higher.

Satira
10-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Even when it was a pay event some people could attend and others couldn't, depending on who paid for it. Most people will probably apply whatever strategy they've been using over the years to the simucon-only shops.

Latrinsorm
10-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Premium: Pay money. Get stuff.

SimuCon: Pay money. Get stuff.

Time is money.
How can you explain that your character somehow has access to these shops, and better yet how can you explain that you are in there next to a rapscallion who doesn't have two nickels to rub together?Coming from a premium player, this is a bit much.
Your character didn't buy a better ticket on a cruise shipNo pay event subscription occurs because of a character's actions. Finding an RP *excuse* for one's ability to attend a pay event is not equivalent to consistent RP. Paying to go to Simucon and paying to go on the Wavedancer are not fundamentally different.

Nilandia
10-08-2005, 02:33 PM
This is off the top of my head, but perhaps it could be roleplayed that the people who can get into the SimuCon merchants have a greater connection with the dead, and therefore have the ability to go into places others cannot.

This would be for Ebon Gate alone, of course. It wouldn't apply to other events.

Regarding making runs into the restricted shops. I would be willing to, provided the items are for personal use and not to be sold out of hand. I do not want to be a middleman for a merchant when the shops were set up to be rare for a reason. Not to mention that I do not want to be used as happened on the Wavedancer.

Nilandia

Enceladus
10-08-2005, 02:41 PM
I figure having an RP excuse just won't matter. How many people do you think are actually going to seek out each and every person that is able to go that first week and ask what made that particular person special enough to attend that part of the festival?

More than likely, 98% of the total amount of complaints that will be voiced over this are going to be made by players, not the characters. When it comes down to it being something that happens in a game, where the entire purpose is to provide entertainment, nobody is required to justify a possible inconsistancy in their character's roleplay just to take advantage of something that was offered to them.

For the record, I don't like the whole situation either, but if I'm going to be at all grumpy or bitter about it, I'll do it outside of the game. I'm not going to have my characters making a whole lot of noise about not being allowed to go to a festival when someone else can.

Satira
10-08-2005, 02:41 PM
I was thinking, also. What if they had a stairwell and they put a shady looking guard in front of it. People who didn't attend simucon would get some messaging like the guard saying, "Hey, where do you think you're going? Get out of here!" when they tried to go up. People who did attend would get something like, "I like your face, go ahead up! Just don't tell anyone I let you by."

The Ponzzz
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
See, I think this is the plan. Showing that SimuCon goers get all this is just another marketing scheme. So now next year the list doubles for people going. And then that year, the gift isn't that great, and the preview to the event isn't as good.

Beause where it stands right now. The gift alone pays for the early admission for SimuCon.

It's gonna be like the WD. The first run, the sand elemental PAID for the lower class ticket. But by the 2nd and 3rd runs, you were lucky to grab a mil...

HouseofElves
10-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I totally have to just say take a look at what Latrinsorm said.

But in my own words:
Do I stay in character at merchant events: Yes
Do I see the large ones as a great chance to RP with others: Yes
Do I consider them completely IC: No

Sometimes they just seem damn stupid. Example: On an elite cruiseship you have someone selling weapons of mass cursing and doom. Yeah, that fits right in. Or how about someone who gets a unique scar on their chin for their stellar backstory. That character tries to share it one night with a group of citizens and someone says "You didn't get that scar fighting demons, I saw Sproink give it to you three days ago."

In theory, I should be able to walk into a fine dress shop in Illistim and have someone fit me. I should be able to say I want this cut of dress, with this fabric, I want this pattern and this color beading attached. But that cannot happen, so I go back to merchants events. Which don't get me wrong, I (the player) love them, but as far as being an RP purist, there are better ways to do it but they don't seem very viable.

FinisWolf
10-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Nilandia

Regarding making runs into the restricted shops. I would be willing to, provided the items are for personal use and not to be sold out of hand. I do not want to be a middleman for a merchant when the shops were set up to be rare for a reason. Not to mention that I do not want to be used as happened on the Wavedancer.

Nilandia

Nilandia I may take you up on that offer, under your restrictions of course. If you wouldn't mind terribly.

Finis

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
[/i]
How can you explain that your character somehow has access to these shops, and better yet how can you explain that you are in there next to a rapscallion who doesn't have two nickels to rub together?

Coming from a premium player, this is a bit much.

I disagree. But how do you know if I'm premium or not?

[Edited on 10-8-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Satira
10-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Or how about someone who gets a unique scar on their chin for their stellar backstory. That character tries to share it one night with a group of citizens and someone says "You didn't get that scar fighting demons, I saw Sproink give it to you three days ago.".

I'd prefer if all feature altering sessions were done as an OOC event. It's stupid to pretend they're IC for a one second painless change to a physical appearance. I've seen people try to get things for their history and, as you said, people insist that they saw an alterer do it.

StrayRogue
10-08-2005, 04:42 PM
I'd like to use Nilandia as well.

Fallen
10-08-2005, 05:03 PM
I find it hard to imagine that that will be the only reason you will attend. There's a certain type of player who aspires to reach behind the scenes, I think you fit that bill rather well Fallen. That's not a slam - it's just the truth of the matter. Some of the best RPers in the game end up taking assists, referrals and doing merchants themselves.

I realize that you will likely categorically deny it. But that doesn't mean that it's not true. >>

I don't plan on boning any of the GMs, if that is what you mean. I seem to lack the naked charisma for such feats. However, if I can gain an item like that charm by going to an event, then I likely will.

As for hobnobbing with the Simu bigwigs? That is the point of Simucon. You give simu more money, you are treated better. Go go Favoritism!

The Ponzzz
10-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Yea, Fallen is right. There is not a SimuCon goer abouts that doesn't get treated a little better than the rest.

When you know a GM on a more personal level things change. I know many GMs on personal levels, 2 of which don't treat me any better or worse, but a few do treat me better in game when their merchants are abouts...

SpunGirl
10-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Oh, please. This is just another reason to whine about favoritism. I for one don't like the remarks about "drunken hiring fests," the insinuation there is definitely false. In fact, I can think of one very well-known long-term GM who attended her FIRST big gather in 2003 (after GMing for around six years). She has never even BEEN to a Simucon.

And as far as RP goes.... yes, it is enough for someone to say "I have chosen to spend my coin on admission to this shop." They shouldn't HAVE to explain why there is a fleabag dwarf in there next to them, that's up to the player of the dwarf. Duh.

Everyone knows there are little perks here and there for people who go to gathers. Attendees at Thrilla have a chance to bid in Ken's auctions, Vegascon people last year got to design items, my first Simucon I entered a contest and won a free alteration. It is also a fact that there are gatherings all over the entire country. If you can't make it to one of them, maybe you should try a little harder. And if you don't WANT to go, then quit complaining.

-K

[Edited on 10-8-2005 by SpunGirl]

Skirmisher
10-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't see it as a big deal myself.

It isn't all THAT hard to try to explain and as there are not hundreds and hundreds of peole who will have this access anyway it's not going to be something coming up every waking moment I don't think.

I also think that they look at simucon as a potent customer retention technique. I don't know if I agree, but i do think they do at any rate and if they wish to give bonuses for attending then fine.

It's not any more ooc to me than having premium only shops which means that yes it is, but its part of the price we pay to keep this whole juggling act in motion and I put up with it.

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Oh, please. This is just another reason to whine about favoritism. I for one don't like the remarks about "drunken hiring fests," the insinuation there is definitely false. In fact, I can think of one very well-known long-term GM who attended her FIRST big gather in 2003 (after GMing for around six years). She has never even BEEN to a Simucon.

And as far as RP goes.... yes, it is enough for someone to say "I have chosen to spend my coin on admission to this shop." They shouldn't HAVE to explain why there is a fleabag dwarf in there next to them, that's up to the player of the dwarf. Duh.

Everyone knows there are little perks here and there for people who go to gathers. Attendees at Thrilla have a chance to bid in Ken's auctions, Vegascon people last year got to design items, my first Simucon I entered a contest and won a free alteration. It is also a fact that there are gatherings all over the entire country. If you can't make it to one of them, maybe you should try a little harder. And if you don't WANT to go, then quit complaining.

-K

:lol: Tell us how you really feel. :rolleyes:

GSLady17
10-08-2005, 06:30 PM

-K

I agree, if someone said to my character I Chose to spend silvers to get into this shop my player would be like ohhh ok yeah thats cool etc etc etc and not give a second thought to it.

If someone told my character oh, I'm rich I can afford to go to the best shops, I'm just that much better then you.. my character would be like whaat? I have enough silvers to buy 5 of everything in that shop, why don't they let me in? And would most likely take it as an insult.

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I find it hard to imagine that that will be the only reason you will attend. There's a certain type of player who aspires to reach behind the scenes, I think you fit that bill rather well Fallen. That's not a slam - it's just the truth of the matter. Some of the best RPers in the game end up taking assists, referrals and doing merchants themselves.

I realize that you will likely categorically deny it. But that doesn't mean that it's not true. >>

I don't plan on boning any of the GMs, if that is what you mean. I seem to lack the naked charisma for such feats. However, if I can gain an item like that charm by going to an event, then I likely will.

As for hobnobbing with the Simu bigwigs? That is the point of Simucon. You give simu more money, you are treated better. Go go Favoritism!

Actually I wasn't referring to sex at all. My comments were more of a compliment than a slam. Sadly, some folks are just a bit defensive in this topic.

SpunGirl
10-08-2005, 06:35 PM
LOL, I disagree with Fallen on the "point" of Simucon. For me, the point is to hang out with people that are my friends that I rarely get to see due to geographical distance. Some of them happen to be GMs, the majority of them aren't.

-K

Latrinsorm
10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
But how do you know if I'm premium or not?I thought everyone in the Wu-Tang was Premium. My bad.

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

But how do you know if I'm premium or not?I thought everyone in the Wu-Tang was Premium. My bad.

:lol: :heart:

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 07:11 PM
I think my last comment on this, unless someone says something really good is... that whole "you're just jealous" is silly. People are very naive if they think that many of us don't know GMs. We do, but I am not one to sit around name dropping. I have never had a desire to be on staff - so I guess I'm just not really impressed.

As for throwing out Ken's name, that just makes me laugh. Why would I want to BID on things, when I actually contributed items for him to use?

Really - it's not jealousy. Thankfully for these boards most of us can hash things out and sometimes gain a new perspective. HoE brought up some excellent points, and she did so without donning her "Don't be a hater, T-shirt." ;)

Satira
10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
For someone bringing up don't be a hater t-shirts, you sure were negative about simucon and its attendees in your first post.

SpunGirl
10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Uh, I didn't "throw out" Ken's name. I used his auction as an example of a GS perk that you get by going to a gathering. If these kinds of perks are important enough to complain about, then maybe you should be going to some gatherings so you can quit your bitching.

-K

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Uh, I didn't "throw out" Ken's name. I used his auction as an example of a GS perk that you get by going to a gathering. If these kinds of perks are important enough to complain about, then maybe you should be going to some gatherings so you can quit your bitching.

-K

It's not a perk to me to bid on my own stuff. :lol: It's not a perk to design items, I can do that now and get them into a shop.

If I had KNOWN about the perks, then perhaps your comment about trying to get there more earnestly would be valid. It's been demonstrated in this thread, that people were not aware that there would be Simucon only shops.

It's not jealousy. It's not lack of trying. Call it bitching if you want - I call it the inability for Simu to properly advertise all the benefits inherent in Simucon. If they had, they would likely have gotten more cash.

This whole discussion make me wanna go run right over and sign up for Vegascon.

SpunGirl
10-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Really? I'd hate for you to be dissappointed. If you can already design items and get them into shops, and perks like that aren't important, don't bother.

Of course, if a Simu staff member decides at the last minute to offer a perk to con-goers that wasn't previously advertised, I'm sure I can count on you to bitch about it in a few month's time!

-K

ElanthianSiren
10-08-2005, 08:01 PM
As far as I know, I don't know any GMs really. I know of a character I knew who is now a GM, but honestly, I never cared to find out and he and I were never more than aquaintances in the game. I think the problem is not in SIMU giving benefits, it's with the much covetted merchant system itself. I may get blasted for that opinion, based on things I have done in the past, but blast away:

As of your last logon, your premium service has been continuous since 7/13/1997.
Your last premium alteration was on 8/20/2000.

merchant kiera
Your last merchant alteration was 600 days ago.

Shows how much I bother to merchant anymore.

Why? -Because after working on other online games, you realize that something that you personally can create in an hour, (I used to make scripted to personality cloaks for players with 20 scripts each and shorts with shows), is not worth 60.00 or 200.00 or whatever.

Your character personality is as much your own as items are. I can understand the drive, of course, to accrue items. I'm just pointing out the fault that I see in gamestaff driven economies and personalization. Of course, simu may not see it as a fault. I think they'd have a hell of a lot more players though, if they dealt more on the up and up with their customers. Just an opinon, but I recognize in the long run, they are hurting themselves. It makes me wonder how long they personally see GS surviving in a graphic-based world. Customer loyalty is one of their best assetts, don't forget.

-M

edited to consolidate paragraphs and fix paragraphs that did not make sense due to my long-windedness

[Edited on Sun, October th, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Really? I'd hate for you to be dissappointed. If you can already design items and get them into shops, and perks like that aren't important, don't bother.

Of course, if a Simu staff member decides at the last minute to offer a perk to con-goers that wasn't previously advertised, I'm sure I can count on you to bitch about it in a few month's time!

-K

Yeah, you're probably right. But if it weren't for folks like me overreacting, what on earth would you have to do with your time?

SpunGirl
10-08-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't know... maybe you can give me some tips once you decide to quit spending your time bitching and moaning about the realites of Simutronics that have remained unchanged for the past ten-plus years.

-K

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't know... maybe you can give me some tips once you decide to quit spending your time bitching and moaning about the realites of Simutronics that have remained unchanged for the past ten-plus years.

-K

I'll let you know when I finally give up hope that things will actually be semi-normal. I know that it's a lofty goal, but I really am an optimistic person (others call it denial.)

But as long as these boards exist, I will still feel free to post my opinion and get it off my chest. Even if it makes me the object of a few people's razor sharp tongues.

SpunGirl
10-08-2005, 08:20 PM
LOL. Thanks for stating the obvious when you no longer feel like defending your position. I'm pretty sure most people are aware of the purpose of the Player's Corner boards.

In your first post you stated that distance and travel were a factor, and that it was unfair to give perks to people who could conquer those obstacles to attend a gathering. Then you complained that the perk wasn't announced soon enough. Maybe the real complaint should be, "I want something and can't have it, boo-frickety-hoo," or how about, "I need something to complain about and this looks good!"

-K

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 08:43 PM
LOL. Thanks for stating the obvious when you no longer feel like defending your position. I'm pretty sure most people are aware of the purpose of the Player's Corner boards.

In your first post you stated that distance and travel were a factor, and that it was unfair to give perks to people who could conquer those obstacles to attend a gathering. Then you complained that the perk wasn't announced soon enough. Maybe the real complaint should be, "I want something and can't have it, boo-frickety-hoo," or how about, "I need something to complain about and this looks good!"

-K

Actually, I thought your final point was very good, and it gave me some perspective.

Sadly that was still not good enough for you. I guess when a shark senses blood and all that - they can't stop the feeding frenzy.

Really, is it that serious that you can't just let something go without giving them the "Sarah treatment"? You can call me tired, whiny, bitchy, sensitive or cowardice if you like.

You can continue to bash me if you would like, I won't be reading it.

SpunGirl
10-08-2005, 08:45 PM
:lol: You're the one who insinuated I had nothing better to do with my time than refute your opinions. If that's not downgrading to personal insults, I don't know what is.

If I were going to give you the Sarah treatment I wouldn't bother coming up with points relative to the argument, I would just tell you to shut your fucking cock holster and move on.

-K

[Edited on 10-9-2005 by SpunGirl]

GSLady17
10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Hmmm.....

Anyways....I didn't know you could find this out....

Your last merchant alteration was 1017 days ago.

Your last merchant alteration was 1440 days ago.

Your last merchant alteration was 586 days ago.

You show no merchant alterations record that would prevent you from getting any alterations. (this mean I never had one on this character?)

That's neat!

I've tried to go to merchants...but I don't bring more than one character...I am tempted to when I see two characters I know are the same person each get one.

Fallen
10-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Actually I wasn't referring to sex at all. My comments were more of a compliment than a slam. Sadly, some folks are just a bit defensive in this topic. >>

Wasn't attempting to be defensive, I was attempting to be truthful..as I was in my first post. I will start attending more functions because they are handing out mechanical benefits.

Nilandia
10-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Actually, it can be argued that there was notification that SimuCon attendees were given notice that there would be exclusive shops at the upcoming festival. It depends on your definition of "merchant," however. In this post (http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=95&category=1&topic=1&message=4 9), Solomon (DR's product manager) says, "Because we know you like to shop GemStone and DragonRealms attendees will also have early access to a Festival, scheduled after the Con, complete with a few merchants that ONLY SimuCon attendees can visit."

The post was dated back in April.

Nilandia

Skirmisher
10-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Nilandia
Actually, it can be argued that there was notification that SimuCon attendees were given notice that there would be exclusive shops at the upcoming festival. It depends on your definition of "merchant," however. In this post (http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=95&category=1&topic=1&message=4 9), Solomon (DR's product manager) says, "Because we know you like to shop GemStone and DragonRealms attendees will also have early access to a Festival, scheduled after the Con, complete with a few merchants that ONLY SimuCon attendees can visit."

The post was dated back in April.

Nilandia

Well that I think should put to rest most complaints.

The Ponzzz
10-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Yea, see it's a tough read... it's like a loaded gun. I'm sure if there weren't any SIMU ONLY SHOPs the statement can be said that it was meant to say that the preview was only for Simu and only SimuCon goers will be able to get in, hence SImuCon ONLY access...

So I'm guessing everyone assumed that Simu s known to eat their own statements, we all just assumed that...

Rainy Day
10-09-2005, 08:45 AM
LOL, I disagree with Fallen on the "point" of Simucon. For me, the point is to hang out with people that are my friends that I rarely get to see due to geographical distance. Some of them happen to be GMs, the majority of them aren't.

-K

That's kinda how I look at it. I can't justify spending money on taking a trip to visit one person clear across the country. It's a lot easier to justify spending money on a trip across the country to visit a whole bunch of people at once. Talking to the GM's can be fun sometimes. I like hearing behind the scenes stories. But it's just as fun to do without them. From previous conversations I've had it's also pretty obvious you don't have to go to Simucon to get hired either.

RD

SpunGirl
10-09-2005, 01:44 PM
I would say that at gathers, I spend 90% of my time talking to friends (staff and players alike) about RL stuff and 10% about game stuff.

This does not include the 30 minutes I spent worshipping at Zilana's feet last Vegascon for her Christmas pwning of Kevinhm.

-K

Satira
10-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Other than telling people who I played in game, I can only recall two conversations I had about anything IG related.