PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous? Or feasible brawling rogue.

AbnInfamy
10-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Ok, here's a lay out, I got like 5 days to test it out before my mitigation goes to normal. I'm a Voln Master btw.

(at level 22), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 146 46
Armor Use..........................| 144 44
Combat Maneuvers...................| 99 23
Brawling...........................| 146 46
Ambush.............................| 146 46
Physical Fitness...................| 146 46
Dodging............................| 158 58
Stalking and Hiding................| 146 46
Perception.........................| 99 23
Climbing...........................| 90 20

Is my 2.5x dodge, 2x PF, and 1.8 Armor going to be enough to sustain me? I know I'm gonna be taking some big hits though.

I figure troll fists probably crit like a dagger, so as long as I'm aiming for eyes I should be straight, right?

nocturnix
10-07-2005, 10:40 AM
I read somewhere awhile back that brawling weapons ambushing is just insane.

Not sure if this is still true, but someone said somewhere that with a brawling weapon from hiding they are unstoppable...I think they were a ranger but I could be wrong.

I'm sure someone else here knows more about this than me, we shall see what others have to say...curious myself if ambushing brawlers still rock.

Kitsun
10-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Should be plenty easy if you know what you're doing.

If you're gunning for the eyes, I'd say work with sais. Puncture yummy goodness to let loose some vitrious fluid.

I'd consider dropping down to 2x dodge and using the points for more CM. The triple trained dodge ranks are ungodly expensive. You get AS and more points for CMs with doubling in CM.

Andrath
10-09-2005, 05:51 PM
i can totally agree with the note on CM but dont sai's require brawling and edged? i know theres 1 brawler that requires 2 skills to use ...

Kitsun
10-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Those would be katars.

AbnInfamy
10-10-2005, 03:26 AM
You know, this dramatically increased my hunting abilities, but the downfall is all those lovely little 10 pound boxes I used to pick myself. I already have myself in metal breastplate because I don't have any extra roundtime, but I encumber pretty quick.

Does it ever get easier to have to drag your boxes back to town for someone else? :P I'm so used to being self-sufficient it makes my tummy hurt having to give away some of my hard earned money.

But on a side note I don't die from ghoul masters any more :P

I took the advice, I'm almost up to 2x in CM, Armor, and PF, I'm guessing I have a decent dux for level 22. And that metal breastplate, oh! Almost makes me swoon, taking 250 end roll claws and getting a minor.

Drew
10-10-2005, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by AbnInfamy
Does it ever get easier to have to drag your boxes back to town for someone else?

No, but if you pick up surge of strength, that can help.

Kitsun
10-10-2005, 10:58 AM
You can try to find some lightened armor to help too. Anything below the base for an AsG means it acts as a weight vacuum.

The heavier plate is probably better for lightening than BP but any little bit helps, right?