PDA

View Full Version : tone complaint!!

Andrath
10-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Why is it that you can have brooding eyes but you cant speak broodingly....???

TONE BROOD where is it?!

SpunGirl
10-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I'd rather seen tone abolished than added to. People suck at it.

-K

Latrinsorm
10-09-2005, 04:10 PM
I've heard (on the officials) that tone is due for major revisions; including but not limited to lots of tones becoming one-shots.

Whether this turns out to be the next LCS or the next Berserk is anyone's guess.

SpunGirl
10-09-2005, 04:13 PM
OMG that would be so nice. I'm so sick of wannabe sexy characters speaking seductively all the fucking time.

-K

Andrath
10-09-2005, 04:18 PM
one shot like you change tone and use it then it reverts back to original tone?

all i know is that i better be able to speak darkly all the time..its just my tone damn it!

[Edited on 10-9-2005 by Andrath]

Sylvan Dreams
10-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Andrath

all i know is that i better be able to speak darkly all the time..its just my tone damn it!

You speak threateningly to people ALL THE TIME, huh? That's exactly why lots of tones need to be one-shot deals.

ElanthianSiren
10-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Tone is stupid in general. GS needs and adjective system; it could solve a lot.

-M

Satira
10-09-2005, 06:15 PM
People don't speak one way all the time. ALL tones should be a one-shot deal. People who keep something on all the time DRIVE ME FUCKING CRAZY.

Also, where is "loud" or "noisily"? I need to speak loudly at times, you know.

SayGoodbye
10-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Certain tones such as quetly or softly should not be limited to one use only. I know many people who constantly speak quietly or softly and it works well.

FinisWolf
10-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Andrath

I share this sentiment. Finiswolf always speaks deeply. It's a part of who he is.

What would be nice is tones like darkly, deeply, etc remain consistant, and perhaps make ones that do not fit in the catagory like that (a speach pattern tone) to where they only hold for a single sentence. Of course you would have that seductive princess that just has it on a macro anyway. :shrug:

Finis

Czeska
10-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Someone asked me today if they could hunt with me in a sly tone. I wanted to say, "What do you mean by that?"

But I was too tired to explain what my question meant, and I'm sure it would've come to that.

Satira
10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
LOL. I do ask people what they mean by it if they use one of those tones. One guy asked me jokingly for healing about 20 times, and I just kept looking at him funny and laughing to myself.

Czeska
10-09-2005, 07:25 PM
So-and-so sarcastically says, "Can you heal me?"

>tone sarcastic

You sarcastically say, "Sure."

>west

SpunGirl
10-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Hahaha. This stupid girl in IMT yelled at me one time because she kept mysteriously asking for healing, and mysteriously stating that she was bleeding. I was like, "what's so mysterious about that?"

I think it was Roelaeren or whatever.

-K

Andrath
10-09-2005, 07:51 PM
I got busted one time speaking cryptically and one of the rogues in east tower were like...huh? i cant understand you..your speaking to cryptic for me..it sounds like code...

i just growled and walked away

Fallen
10-09-2005, 08:35 PM
I've no problems with having tone set at a one-shot deal. Next ...MOVEMENTS.

Czeska
10-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Oooo then Evarin can skip everywhere, and speak merrily! YES!

Letum
10-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Someone needs to get a job at Simu headquarters and sashay/speak darkly exclusively.

Drew
10-09-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm all for tones being one shots. It would save me from having to type "tone 1" everytime I go to a new tone. But I really would like about 50 new tones.

Showal
10-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I've had conversations where I speak a certain tone for 2-3 sentences, then switch, then go to normal, change tone, over and over. Making tone a one shot deal would make these conversations take a little longer. I'd sacrifice the extra 1-2 seconds for each sentence to get rid of the people who are so mysterious and deep that they have to speak that way until it makes me sick.

Rainy Day
10-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
I've heard (on the officials) that tone is due for major revisions; including but not limited to lots of tones becoming one-shots.

Whether this turns out to be the next LCS or the next Berserk is anyone's guess.

I can so hardly wait!

What's LCS?

RD

Andreal
10-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Some people do speak monotonously all the time. Even when they are excited.. They are just speaking monotonously... louder. Although, I think some tones should be one shots.

Fallen
10-10-2005, 11:05 AM
They should then get used to typing

":mon

From what I have read on the boards, there is a list of new tones on the block to get added. I wouldn't hold your breath as to when, however.

Latrinsorm
10-10-2005, 11:26 AM
The LCS is the Layered Clothing System. It was going to be really cool (Carabele's objections aside), but it hasn't materialized in the 1-2 years since it was first mentioned as coming up.

Berserk, on the other hand, was something Stealth (or possibly Coase or Solli, I have trouble keeping my GMs of Infinite Awesomeness straight) appeared to whip up overnight, and there was much rejoicing.

If any of you wants to suggest a specific tone, now is the time. Bernt (I think) is taking suggestions on the official boards, in the roleplaying category somewhere.

Czeska
10-10-2005, 11:30 AM
LCS was Mitra's project I'm told. When she went to HJ, it got back-burnered.

SpunGirl
10-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Letum
Someone needs to get a job at Simu headquarters and sashay/speak darkly exclusively.

Best. Idea. Ever.

-K

Czeska
10-10-2005, 01:33 PM
>
Ardenais seductively asks, "Could someone get my scratchs?"

Ohhh yes, please baby.

>1110

Latrinsorm
10-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
>
Ardenais seductively asks, "Could someone get my scratchs?"

Ohhh yes, please baby.Was this supposed to sound really hot? 'Cuz it does.

Czeska
10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Damn. Let me try again. <ahem>

>tone sarcastic
"Ohhh yes, please baby.

>1110

DeV
10-10-2005, 02:50 PM
People who use the mysterious tone all the time are retarded. That is all.

Rainy Day
10-11-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
The LCS is the Layered Clothing System. It was going to be really cool (Carabele's objections aside), but it hasn't materialized in the 1-2 years since it was first mentioned as coming up.

Yeah, duh! I knew about that system, just wasn't used to the acronym. SORT pretty much fixed my issues so I'm kinda glad they aren't working on the layered thing. I think no matter how they did it, parts of it would piss everyone off.

RD

Jayvn
10-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I keep mine on quiet, I try to remember to change it up when i'm yelling or excited..but as it was mentioned some tones don't suck for keeping on all the time, deeply, softly, quietly... these are tones some people use all the time in real life. on the other hand, some tones shouldn't have been made to begin with. Although we did go around one day speaking monotonously... I think we were acting like robots or something. You knowingly say "I don't know."