PDA

View Full Version : Combat Maneuvers, Ambush, or Physical Fitness?

AbnInfamy
10-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Here is my current breakdown. What I want to know, is should I give up those physical fitness ranks I've been 1.5x in, lose the redux, and bump up my CM? Additionally, if CM are exceptionally important, should I drop ambushing to 1.5x and try to bring CM to 2x per train?

What is going to make me a more proficient hunter in the long run?

Armor Use..........................| 99 23
Shield Use.........................| 99 23
Combat Maneuvers...................| 99 23
Edged Weapons......................| 146 46
Brawling...........................| 146 46
Ambush.............................| 146 46
Physical Fitness...................| 130 35
Dodging............................| 146 46
Arcane Symbols.....................| 58 12
Disarming Traps....................| 146 46
Picking Locks......................| 146 46
Stalking and Hiding................| 146 46
Perception.........................| 146 46
Climbing...........................| 99 23
Swimming...........................| 99 23

Urinal Poops
10-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by AbnInfamy
Here is my current breakdown. What I want to know, is should I give up those physical fitness ranks I've been 1.5x in, lose the redux, and bump up my CM? Additionally, if CM are exceptionally important, should I drop ambushing to 1.5x and try to bring CM to 2x per train?

What is going to make me a more proficient hunter in the long run?

Armor Use..........................| 99 23
Shield Use.........................| 99 23
Combat Maneuvers...................| 99 23
Edged Weapons......................| 146 46
Brawling...........................| 146 46
Ambush.............................| 146 46
Physical Fitness...................| 130 35
Dodging............................| 146 46
Arcane Symbols.....................| 58 12
Disarming Traps....................| 146 46
Picking Locks......................| 146 46
Stalking and Hiding................| 146 46
Perception.........................| 146 46
Climbing...........................| 99 23
Swimming...........................| 99 23

Armor

hectomaner
10-06-2005, 02:32 PM
2x ohe, 1x shield, 2x armor, 2x pt, 2x cm, 2x ambush, 3x dodge. all you ever need

FinisWolf
10-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Yea, but AbnInfamy wants to be a proficient hunter and pick it looks like, and I think what AbnInfamy is discovering is that a 2X smithing rogue sucks hunting wise in comparison to a rogue that is pure hunter, and compared to a rogue that is a pure locksmith.

I do two types of rogues anymore. The hunter which is ALL about AS and killing anything, anywhere, anytime, and the locksmith that can smith damn near any box under the Elanthian sun. To me the 2X smiths just are not worth it.

To answer your DIRECT question, "What is going to make me a more proficient hunter in the long run?" ... it's simple. Drop locksmithing, and focus your attention on your hunting skills. At higher levels you will have the points to pump into locksmithing.

Just an opinion/thought.

Finis

Andrath
10-06-2005, 04:42 PM
ah, i agree...I follow hecto into this one...although I 1x pt and 2x dodge im just about that path....i dont see any reason to 3x dodge unless your going to stay in brig but when you get to 30's where i am..brig does not cut it against highend elemental crits or someone neckstomping you...i wear hauberk with a greathelm and granguard (if anyone knows what that is) all the crit protection you'll need but hauberk affects your dodging and hiding...but who cares if your taking 1's and somtimes 2's instead of always losing an arm or a hole in your chest.... :medieval:

Shiffti
11-18-2005, 09:55 AM
A granguard, strictly speaking, is a piece of armor that attaches to the left side of a gorget (neck armor). In Elanthia, I would put it as equivalent to wearing an aventail.

For what it's worth, I'm currently wearing hauberk, but am moving to MBP as soon as my enchanter gets off his wizardly butt and finishes upgrading my rolaren BP to 6X.

Shiffti