PDA

View Full Version : Why do GM Referals take so long?

Kaya
06-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Greetings!

I edited for my own stupidity besides please get to me before the summer is over so I can continue to hunt.
Thanks! Thats all I will say!:saint:

[Edited on 6-9-2005 by Kaya]

Jahira
06-04-2005, 12:23 AM
GMs have other shit to do rather than find your weapon. Sometimes the line doesn't move because a GM isn't working on people's problems. Times when you wait like 15 hours and you only move up like 10 spots is because no one is working. You only moved up because other people logged off.

NOTE: Don't script hunt while in referral line. Khaladon "caught" me. I was at my computer. Just not paying very close attention. I didn't stop to talk to him when he warped to me 3 times so he gave me a AFK script hunting violation which was bullshit because I did the assist no more than 5 seconds into being pulled into the room. Something about have to pay 100% attention to everything.......

HarmNone
06-04-2005, 12:54 AM
There may be no GMs available to deal with your problem, or those around may be busy. They may be looking at the problem to see what happened and try to find the weapon. There are any number of reasons why this could be taking some time.

Sylvan Dreams
06-04-2005, 01:06 AM
ONDUTY will tell you what staff are on and answering assists/referrals.

Also, if someone else has the item, they may be trying to track that person down and/or figure out what happened.

StrayRogue
06-04-2005, 01:13 AM
The referal line doesn't mean anything - some GMs will answer for certain things. And as its just after a big merchant event where some items are buggy and such there will be alot of catch up work for the GMs to do. Don't worry they'll get around to it.

HarmNone
06-04-2005, 01:23 AM
I think poor Kaya might benefit if we all chanted the Simutronics official RSN mantra. :D

StrayRogue
06-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Depending on how often you're logged on I bet it will be sorted within a week.

06-04-2005, 08:32 AM
I've been in a referal for almost 3 weeks now. The closest I've gotten was 15th, I *think*. I'm probably back up to 20 or 30 something like I am every friggin' day that I log in, heh.

StrayRogue
06-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Position doesn't mean anything. But I just said that right??

TheRoseLady
06-04-2005, 10:39 AM
I am also in the referral line and I'm about 34th or so, I haven't moved up at all. I can't recall it being this long without seeming movemement for awhile. I share your pain and I am not even needing a prized item replaced.

StrayRogue
06-04-2005, 10:41 AM

06-04-2005, 10:50 AM
At least it gave ME a good laugh.

- Arkans

Kitsun
06-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Its the perception, Stray. Only the perception.

On a side note, I waited for like 3 months for Voraveil to replace my lost miniature. He never did get around to it so I think my one super Bemm isn't so super.

StrayRogue
06-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Certain GMs can only fix certain things. I've been 20th in line and suddenly had a GM appear and fix my thing. If the GM online can't fix your problem it doesn't matter if you're in position 1 or 100.

Kaya
06-09-2005, 01:38 AM
I am also in the referral line and I'm about 34th or so, I haven't moved up at all. I can't recall it being this long without seeming movemement for awhile. I share your pain and I am not even needing a prized item replaced.
-RoseLady

Ha! Your post cracked me up. I am now 30th in line now but I don't care..well I do but that is something I wont mention here..I do find my post amusing and your response to it made me giggle-Damn-I have been taking things way too fucking serious-i need to lighten up.
Thanks fer making me laugh and wish I could delete my post.
LOL!

hectomaner
06-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Kaya

LOL!

you can, and should

StrayRogue
06-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Or get over the fact that referal position doesn't mean shit...

TheRoseLady
06-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Kaya
-RoseLady

Ha! Your post cracked me up. I am now 30th in line now but I don't care..well I do but that is something I wont mention here..I do find my post amusing and your response to it made me giggle-Damn-I have been taking things way too fucking serious-i need to lighten up.
LOL!

I guess you are easily amused? At any rate, what Stray said proved to be 100% accurate - I had my assist answered the other night and I was in the 30's.

Still, they have been very slow on answering them but that could be just the number of backups coming in after the runs of the WD.

Czeska
06-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Same with me, I was 35th the other night and someone showed up to help me.